2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

I'm surprised no one pointed out the jersey's on the left.

The striping on the arm is a little off and has a white line going up...

... have you never seen the original stick n' rink jerseys??

Circa 1972 - the 2nd and last time they wore it with the V on the bottom of the sleve.

Canucks2.gif

I don't get why people are jumping to conclusions with NHL 2K8. Neither game is out yet so how can you claim it won't have the new jerseys in it. Have you thought that maybe, just maybe, they aren't allowed to show say, Tampa Bays new logo yet in a screen shot before the team has unvailed it themselves? Where in the NHL 08 screen shots does it show them showing off their new logo, or hell, even their old logo? You think they'd have been stupid enough to show the new Canucks jersey in that screen shot? Come on people, stop freaking out until both games come out so you can find out through reviews and the like which game actually has the new jerseys or is missing jerseys or if you can download or unlock them or whatnot.

Anyone who honestly believes that NHL 08 is going to be a superior game because of some potentially extra jerseys don't know what a good hockey video game is. EA has been pumping out crap for the past 5 years when it comes to gameplay. 2K Sports, on the other hand, has been producing relativly consistant games which yes, sometimes lack in graphics but make up more than enough through realistic gameplay and wicked unlockables which EA doesn't have. I really pitty anyone who is right now planning to buy NHL 08 just because they are convinced they will have all the new jerseys in the game and that is the only selling point for them.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nicerui1.png

based off nhl 08 and 2k8 'leaks'

Is this from one of the video games or is it something you created?

Artist rendition based on nhl 2k8's colour scheme and nhl 08's jersey template

Thanks. I could live with that, it is not too busy on the shoulders. Not sure I like the black side panels but at least there is no unnecessary piping. Wouldn't mind seeing a rendition of the red jersey.

So... the sky is not falling.

That looks ok. Better than the current jerseys, in any case. I hope the jerseys looks like your rendition.

Are you kidding me? Any one of our current jersey's is better than that crap, that jersey lacks detail and originality.

But it's your oppinion, just saying mine.

Nothing beats the '93 Sens jerseys. The red and black road jersey was beautiful and every time I see that it makes me wonder who's bright idea it was to take a hit of acid and think that a bunch of swoops on a jersey with a number font which covers the entire of the back actually looked good. That jersey is probably one of the ugliest ever to be worn on ice from any era, league or team. I am glad it is gone and hope to never see its revival. Mind you, the cat puke coloured accents of that black alt jersey definatly give the home a run for its money in terms of pure ugliness. In person that thing did not look gold but a yellowish-green... aka cat puke.

From what I am seeing from that rendition though, it looks inconsistant from both "leaked" photos as the entire sleve is missing and the elbow square is too large. I'd redo it but I don't have a mouse around and there is no way in hell I am doing it with a touch pad.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

nicerui1.png

Thanks. I could live with that, it is not too busy on the shoulders. Not sure I like the black side panels but at least there is no unnecessary piping. Wouldn't mind seeing a rendition of the red jersey.

That looks ok. Better than the current jerseys, in any case. I hope the jerseys looks like your rendition.

Are you kidding me? Any one of our current jersey's is better than that crap, that jersey lacks detail and originality.

Nothing beats the '93 Sens jerseys. The red and black road jersey was beautiful and every time I see that it makes me wonder who's bright idea it was to take a hit of acid and think that a bunch of swoops on a jersey with a number font which covers the entire of the back actually looked good. That jersey is probably one of the ugliest ever to be worn on ice from any era, league or team. I am glad it is gone and hope to never see its revival. Mind you, the cat puke coloured accents of that black alt jersey definatly give the home a run for its money in terms of pure ugliness. In person that thing did not look gold but a yellowish-green... aka cat puke.

From what I am seeing from that rendition though, it looks inconsistant from both "leaked" photos as the entire sleve is missing and the elbow square is too large. I'd redo it but I don't have a mouse around and there is no way in hell I am doing it with a touch pad.

I agree, the early Sens black jersey was the best- simple, yet effective like their current white version. I preferred the white numbers from year 2 though- the red numbers were hard to read (which is why they reversed the colour of the numbers in the second season, 1993-94).

While the red swoosh jersey grew on me, I was hoping the team would go back to black as the dark jersey colour instead of red but that's obviously not the case. The rendition above would be ok...at least if the alternative is some gaudy, pinwheel-sleeved crap with excessive piping. Boring over busy any day!

nicerui1.png

I agree, the early Sens black jersey was the best- simple, yet effective like their current white version. I preferred the white numbers from year 2 though- the red numbers were hard to read (which is why they reversed the colour of the numbers in the second season, 1993-94).

While the red swoosh jersey grew on me, I was hoping the team would go back to black as the dark jersey colour instead of red but that's obviously not the case. The rendition above would be ok...at least if the alternative is some gaudy, pinwheel-sleeved crap with excessive piping. Boring over busy any day!

Senators1.gif

Senators2.gif

Now this 1996 jersey should have been a sign of the beginning of ugly jerseys for this team...

Senators3.gif

I don't know if I am alone with thinking that the white stripes on the sleves and waist kind of... suck... I mean, who's bright idea was it to put white numbers on a white stripe?? And its kind of sad it took two seasons for them to correct it and then to top it off... to introduce the one of the ugliest jerseys ever made...

Senators5.gif

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Yep, I agree. The 93-94 jerseys were the best ones ever (except for the stripes from the days of yore, but we won't go there again) and it was a big mistake when the team switched to the red swoosh jerseys. Originally, those were supposed to be alternates, but for some reason I cannot understand, they eventually made them the permanent jerseys. The thing that's always bugged me is that the logos don't match on the home and away jerseys. Another thing, all the other Ottawa teams wore black at the time (Roughriders & Lynx for example) and the switch to red still makes no sense to me .

That being said,I like these better than the ones from last year. They're not brilliant but they'll do.

thecatch.jpg

I don't get why people are jumping to conclusions with NHL 2K8. Neither game is out yet so how can you claim it won't have the new jerseys in it. Have you thought that maybe, just maybe, they aren't allowed to show say, Tampa Bays new logo yet in a screen shot before the team has unvailed it themselves? Where in the NHL 08 screen shots does it show them showing off their new logo, or hell, even their old logo? You think they'd have been stupid enough to show the new Canucks jersey in that screen shot? Come on people, stop freaking out until both games come out so you can find out through reviews and the like which game actually has the new jerseys or is missing jerseys or if you can download or unlock them or whatnot.

Anyone who honestly believes that NHL 08 is going to be a superior game because of some potentially extra jerseys don't know what a good hockey video game is. EA has been pumping out crap for the past 5 years when it comes to gameplay. 2K Sports, on the other hand, has been producing relativly consistant games which yes, sometimes lack in graphics but make up more than enough through realistic gameplay and wicked unlockables which EA doesn't have. I really pitty anyone who is right now planning to buy NHL 08 just because they are convinced they will have all the new jerseys in the game and that is the only selling point for them.

Actually, I prefer EA's gameplay. I didn't like the way 2k7 felt when I played it--not to mention the graphics. My opinion isn't based on the new jerseys, it's based on personal opinion. However IF 2k8 doesn't have the new sets, that's crap.

There's very little chance this is the new Leafs jersey. In addition to the fact that it's a crummy shot of just a little bit of a uniform and therefore likely another jersey just photoshopped with the obvious parts cut out, this jersey still uses silver which I thought was rumored to be gone (but maybe not) and more importantly, the numbers are a single patch. The 1 and 6 are not separate numbers but one patch with their own outline. I don't think this would ever happen. It's something that happens when you're lazily outlining on photoshop or illustrator though.

newleafs.jpg

Maybe it's a real jersey, and the patch is in loving memory of Darcy Tucker.

My heartfelt condolenses to the Tucker family. -_-

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

:cry:

LMAO!!!!!!!!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Yep, I agree. The 93-94 jerseys were the best ones ever (except for the stripes from the days of yore, but we won't go there again) and it was a big mistake when the team switched to the red swoosh jerseys. Originally, those were supposed to be alternates, but for some reason I cannot understand, they eventually made them the permanent jerseys. The thing that's always bugged me is that the logos don't match on the home and away jerseys. Another thing, all the other Ottawa teams wore black at the time (Roughriders & Lynx for example) and the switch to red still makes no sense to me .

That being said,I like these better than the ones from last year. They're not brilliant but they'll do.

Does anyone have any confidence that the new Ottawa jerseys will actually be...nice? Boston managed to make a great upgrade but I know all I'm hoping for at this stage is that they won't be too bad (like Florida & Nashville's are). The teaser pic of the top of the new jersey actually doesn't look too bad but these "leaked" shots from the video games are not inspiring...

Does anyone have any confidence that the new Ottawa jerseys will actually be...nice? Boston managed to make a great upgrade but I know all I'm hoping for at this stage is that they won't be too bad (like Florida & Nashville's are). The teaser pic of the top of the new jersey actually doesn't look too bad but these "leaked" shots from the video games are not inspiring...

Nice? No... this is a team that has never had a nice jersey. Hey, my fingers are crossed, but I'm not holding my breath.

We should just pick a jersey & stick with it. We don't want to end up like Vancouver 20 years down the line.

thecatch.jpg

Actually, I prefer EA's gameplay. I didn't like the way 2k7 felt when I played it--not to mention the graphics. My opinion isn't based on the new jerseys, it's based on personal opinion. However IF 2k8 doesn't have the new sets, that's crap.

I'll admit 2K7 was not their best effort (mind you I have heard that on the 360 or PS3 that it is far superior to NHL 07) but if you had ever played NHL 2K3 or 2K5 you would have a hard time saying that the game play wasn't short of amazing. The problem with 2K7 was that it was a little too real in some reactions and as a result felt either too slow or too unresponsive. I am sure they will correct it... but I'd take the realism over arcade anyday.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Senators2.gif

These were the best Sens set ever, IMO. The all-black with white only on the name/numbers just looks cool to me.

The new 2D logo isn't bad, I guess. At least it seems to work with the new 3D logo. Meh.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

imageLoader.gif

If only their other "modernized" logo actually looked this good. Damn, I really do like this one a lot.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Nice? No... this is a team that has never had a nice jersey. Hey, my fingers are crossed, but I'm not holding my breath.

We should just pick a jersey & stick with it. We don't want to end up like Vancouver 20 years down the line.

I don't agree the team has never had a nice jersey- the white ones are great (and they've stuck with it every year until now), the early black ones were sharp and the current (well, for another week anyway) black/metallic gold one is fine.

I have a feeling the new jerseys are going to have awful, busy sleeves that are predominately different from the base jersey colour.

This must be what Leaf fans feel like- hoping for the best but knowing best case scenario is for something mediocre but at least not horrible. :D (and no, I don't feel like a war of words with Leaf fans today)

Ok... so let me get this straight.

There's 2 new logos. One 2D & one 3D logo. So will the home jerseys have one logo and the away jerseys another? Cause that's stupid.

Just pick a frickin' logo and that's the team's frickin' logo... this isn't rocket science.

That 2D logo is really nice. That should be the logo... the only logo.

thecatch.jpg

Archived