2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

Canucks' jersey choices in NHL 2K8:

nhl-2k8-20070809095619462.jpg

What is the jersey to the right of the white orca from this year and to the left of a version of the white spaghetti skate? It's obscured by the overall, offensive, and special teams graphics.

Looks like the version of the stick-and-rink jersey that Vancouver wore last season.

am i the only one that thinks the bottom stripes of the canucks jerseys look really wierd?

The bottom stripes on all the jerseys are big for some reason.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Canucks' jersey choices in NHL 2K8:

nhl-2k8-20070809095619462.jpg

What is the jersey to the right of the white orca from this year and to the left of a version of the white spaghetti skate? It's obscured by the overall, offensive, and special teams graphics.

Looks like the version of the stick-and-rink jersey that Vancouver wore last season.

am i the only one that thinks the bottom stripes of the canucks jerseys look really wierd?

The bottom stripes on all the jerseys are big for some reason.

maybe its 2k sports verson of the "EDGE" jerseys :D ....................not only that look at the TB logo its the OLD one, man i'm not buying NHL 2K8 thats for sure, bad jerseys AND not up to snuff on logos eather

I don't believe 2k8 has the Edge jerseys. EA's NHL 2008 (which is a differnet game, for those of you who aren't gamers) partnered with Reebok to introduce the Edge program in the game, so they are all in that game. I don't believe 2K8 from 2kSports has the same deal.

they ought to offer a free download for the consoles after release, then!

I like EA better, anyways.

They are offering a free download. When NHL 08 comes out, it won't have all the jerseys unlocked on the game. Rather, as each team unveils their jersey in September, EA will provide a code on their website to unlock the new jersey. I think it's pretty exciting, and a good way to keep the new logos hidden.

They are offering a free download. When NHL 08 comes out, it won't have all the jerseys unlocked on the game. Rather, as each team unveils their jersey in September, EA will provide a code on their website to unlock the new jersey. I think it's pretty exciting, and a good way to keep the new logos hidden.

Actually, I think it's kind of silly...stupid even. People who get the game for X-Mas for example then have to go hunt around for codes that may or may not still be there. And what if they're gone when I want to re-install it next year or the year after? It's the silliest thing I've ever heard of when you could just release the game 3 weeks later and avoid pissing off your customer base who might not get to buy it until long after the hype is over and done with.

Actually, I think it's kind of silly...stupid even. People who get the game for X-Mas for example then have to go hunt around for codes that may or may not still be there. And what if they're gone when I want to re-install it next year or the year after? It's the silliest thing I've ever heard of when you could just release the game 3 weeks later and avoid pissing off your customer base who might not get to buy it until long after the hype is over and done with.

If it's a code you have to enter in manually and NOT something you have to download, then the code will always work anytime you buy you and install it. And if it's like any other video game code, you'll be able to find it online between then and the end of time.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

But is it a code? Can we confirm this? I don't want it to be a downloadable update. Because I don't want to have to buy some internet connection for my XBox. As far as I'm concerned, I pay enough bills without having to send a payment to Microsoft every month. :cursing:

thecatch.jpg

with the crap thats being released, i'm not in any hurry to hunt down codes to unlock the edge jerseys. They can stay locked and out of my sight. Its a shame they can't lock up the sabres jerseys. oh well, thats why i got nhl depot and the other addon sites to do a new mod overhaul in the jersey departments. on the 2K8 version, is that the PC version? and does the PS2 version have all the jerseys from all the eras? i might go 2k8 on ps2 if they do.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

If it's a code you have to enter in manually and NOT something you have to download, then the code will always work anytime you buy you and install it. And if it's like any other video game code, you'll be able to find it online between then and the end of time.

My point is that by October I shouldn't have to do that. Ever. It's a stupid idea and one that if I was the product manager I would have killed before it even got to the coding stage and pushed the date back by 3 weeks. What about the guy who gets the thing and doesn't know that there are codes he should be looking for to unlock the goodies in his new purchase? Isn't he going to be pissed off that his game doesn't look like it said it would?

My point is that by October I shouldn't have to do that. Ever. It's a stupid idea and one that if I was the product manager I would have killed before it even got to the coding stage and pushed the date back by 3 weeks. What about the guy who gets the thing and doesn't know that there are codes he should be looking for to unlock the goodies in his new purchase? Isn't he going to be pissed off that his game doesn't look like it said it would?

One problem with doing that. EA doesn't have exclusive rights for an NHL licensed game. They push it back by 3 weeks for something that for most is inconsequential as the uniforms that gives NHL2k8 a 3 week advantage in sales. Most people are that are looking to but an NHL game at the beginning of the season aren't going to wait around 3 weeks they are going to buy the one available first. If the production manager makes the decision you want him to make he is going to be out of a job. So for a practical standpoint the codes are the only way to go that way the game still has the new uniforms but not lose out on sales because they can't unveil them before the game. Who knows maybe they will have something in the game where the new uniforms automatically unlock whenever the system reaches a certain day.

One problem with doing that. EA doesn't have exclusive rights for an NHL licensed game. They push it back by 3 weeks for something that for most is inconsequential as the uniforms that gives NHL2k8 a 3 week advantage in sales. Most people are that are looking to but an NHL game at the beginning of the season aren't going to wait around 3 weeks they are going to buy the one available first. If the production manager makes the decision you want him to make he is going to be out of a job. So for a practical standpoint the codes are the only way to go that way the game still has the new uniforms but not lose out on sales because they can't unveil them before the game. Who knows maybe they will have something in the game where the new uniforms automatically unlock whenever the system reaches a certain day.

They can't really do that because then what's to stop people from setting the PC clock ahead? Unless it calls out to an NTP server to validate the date.

You make a point about the competition but I don't think a 3 week window is THAT consequential. If you have a top notch marketing team to get out the word and say, "Hey, we've got all this great stuff in ours that's not in theirs if you're patient for 3 weeks..."

But then I don't write commercial apps on this scale so I could be talkin' out my ass. It's still something I think is silly because I'm in no rush to buy it the day it comes out.

nicerui1.png

based off nhl 08 and 2k8 'leaks'

Is this from one of the video games or is it something you created?

Artist rendition based on nhl 2k8's colour scheme and nhl 08's jersey template

Thanks. I could live with that, it is not too busy on the shoulders. Not sure I like the black side panels but at least there is no unnecessary piping. Wouldn't mind seeing a rendition of the red jersey.

nicerui1.png

Thanks. I could live with that, it is not too busy on the shoulders. Not sure I like the black side panels but at least there is no unnecessary piping. Wouldn't mind seeing a rendition of the red jersey.

So... the sky is not falling.

That looks ok. Better than the current jerseys, in any case. I hope the jerseys looks like your rendition.

thecatch.jpg

nicerui1.png

So... the sky is not falling.

That looks ok. Better than the current jerseys, in any case. I hope the jerseys looks like your rendition.

Are you kidding me? Any one of our current jersey's is better than that crap, that jersey lacks detail and originality.

But it's your oppinion, just saying mine.

Hi, how are you?

Doubtful. All the video clips so far have only featured teams who already unveiled their EDGE uniforms. All box art will likely also only feature the few teams who have unveiled their EDGE uniforms already in the jerseys that are already in the game without needing to be unlocked. So the hockey fan who isn't so anal-rententive, he isn't too concerned that the few teams he's seen gameplay of look like they should.

This situation is actually no different than if a team had a third jersey they weren't unveiling until Christmas, the only difference being that, before September, there will still be about a dozen teams that have yet to unveil their new jerseys.

And besides, all of the EDGE jerseys will be out by the 20th of September anyways. So it's not as if it's too much of a wait.

Then again, is anyone else like me and often play in throwbacks 90% of the time?

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived