2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, was there this much ridiculous complaining when baseball switched from flannel to polyester in the late 60s / early 70s?

No but I doubt they were worried about all the fat guys in their mom's basement that use the hockey jersey as a sports Muu-Muu. :D

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

[Krusty the Clown]Sports Muu-Muu... oh yeah, that's going in the act![/Krusty the Clown]

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Look familar?

p3545926reg.jpg

Yah... they have those with the old Boston, Washington, Ottawa and Columbus logos on them too as place holders.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

supposedly found in a store in Broward County FL on another bb I am on.

hghq2.jpg

See, now you may have something there.Seems legitimate...

Or a brilliant photoshop job?

I'm gonna say that's probably real.

Could be fake, could be real. There have been about 5 Canuck logo floating around here, I'm sure everyone's seen the real one by now. One of them has to be real. This one has a good chance of being it.

supposedly found in a store in Broward County FL on another bb I am on.

hghq2.jpg

See, now you may have something there.Seems legitimate...

Or a brilliant photoshop job?

I'm gonna say that's probably real.

Could be fake, could be real. There have been about 5 Canuck logo floating around here, I'm sure everyone's seen the real one by now. One of them has to be real. This one has a good chance of being it.

There are to hats visible, both of the same colour scheme. So could that llead towards it being real?

untitled-6.jpg

Well, this is interesting (and stolen from HF boards by me).

This image:

whale2_b.jpg

from which I cropped my avatar, used to be freely available last week and thumb nailed on the Canucks Mobile Images page on their website. And now its no longer directly linked.

However, someone messing around with the URL discovered these:

whale1_b.jpgwhale3_b.jpg

May mean nothing, but its intriguing anyways.

There's also:

IE_psp_twinWin_IE.jpg

this, but thats from last year, since the Canucks don't play the Avs on April 5th in the upcoming season.

This logo always bugs the hell out of me. Why are the 3 bits of shattered 'ice' in blue instead of white? When it is clear they are broken bits of the 'c'? So stupid!

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

cbj.jpg

Whats up with the Blue Jackets black shoulders? This shows up a few times in the 2k8 trailer.

It's their old alternate jersey which their current is based off of. Just as that's their now old home jersey to the left of the picture.

I'm not sure if these games have the fans in old uniforms as well as new, or if the games just didn't load the new uniforms for these screenshots and therefore the fans still have the old jerseys too.

This image:

whale2_b.jpg

from which I cropped my avatar, used to be freely available last week and thumb nailed on the Canucks Mobile Images page on their website. And now its no longer directly linked.

whale1_b.jpgwhale3_b.jpg

There's also:

IE_psp_twinWin_IE.jpg

this, but thats from last year, since the Canucks don't play the Avs on April 5th in the upcoming season.

This logo always bugs the hell out of me. Why are the 3 bits of shattered 'ice' in blue instead of white? When it is clear they are broken bits of the 'c'? So stupid!

Probably because ice is clear, so when it shatters and is thin enough, you will see the color of the thing that is behind it, the blue of the whale. When it is thick and unbroken, the light bounces around and you get the white color

S80-81-82-83_zpspmeyx5vh.png

200px-Nassau_Coliseum_logo.jpg

The logo on the hat mudbug posted has the bits of shattered ice in white.

The plot thickens...

Can anyone make sense of all this madness? I'm too hungover.

thecatch.jpg

Finally found a decent version of it, so this is what I think the Lightning SHOULD do with their logo.

(Just pretend the black circle doesnt exist around the outside.)

Preferred_Partners_Logo2_We.jpg

Simple, yet effective.

Is it possible to make that sort of shading effect they use in the background of the bolt on a hockey jersey? Cause if they can, I agree, this is the road that they should go down.

thecatch.jpg

This image:

whale3_b.jpg

There's also:

IE_psp_twinWin_IE.jpg

Probably because ice is clear, so when it shatters and is thin enough, you will see the color of the thing that is behind it, the blue of the whale. When it is thick and unbroken, the light bounces around and you get the white color

How about the ice that is outside of the orca? I say it's just a bad design.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'm fairly sure its done that way to keep the contrast and maintain a border on the ice chips. If you made the ice chips white, and changed the border to the colour of Orca, the borders would vanish. Its one of the issues with reducing the colours in the logo from five to two.

EDIT: If you went with three colours, using the old silver, instead of two, you could have had something like this. This is purely a quick and dirty take on things, so don't pay any mind to the quality. Not that I could probably do much better with more time. B)

tricolourwhalepb7.gif

Archived