2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

I think I've found a new Ottawa wordmark:

ottgraphicpp0.png

I actually like that wordmark. It is more "roman" which is what their theme is, and its just nice.

Yep, that's a gorgeous wordmark.

So far, everything out of Ottawa has been positive. Nice upgrade on the logo, great new workmark, and it looks like no piping from the armpits to collar.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually it does, look closely at the left shoulder. You see a very small white gap, meaning the (Red Wings') design remianed intact, except for the collar.

Once again, we see who is really responsible for the Predators' and Islanders' monstrosities.

As tempting as it is to blame RBK, the clubs bear the lion's share of the "credit."

What stripe? The bit of colour on the elbow doesn't even go all the way around the arm. It just kind of goes around part way before stopping. I don't know how it could be considered a stripe. There isn't one stripe on that entire jersey.

I am also lovin the fact you are pretending that I didn't just school you with your knowledge of your team. It is a shame, I do a little bit of work and I don't even get acknowledged for it. Come on, no harm in admitting that a Leafs fan knows more about the history of your crummy team than you do. :P

Man, you can't tell what that pattern on their forearm is... those shots are extremely blurry. Have you seen the jerseys yet? Cause if you have, I'd love to hear about them. Until then, your guess is as good as mine.

And while we're at it... I did a bit of research on the rason why the original Senators left, and it's highly open to interpretation. It was the depression and attendance did drop, so we were both right. I don't understand how you conclude that attendance dropping during the biggest economic hardships of the 20th century, somehow means that Ottawa fans let their team down. Nowhere did I find anything to refute my claim that ticket prices skyrocketed. However, I did find an article from the Ottawa Sun, that said that ticket prices were, as a matter of fact, too high during the depression causing many fans to seek out cheaper ticket prices in minor hockey. This coupled with the fact that Ottawa was the NHL's samllest market at the time, (five times smaller than Toronto in 1927) resulted in the decline and eventual death of the original Senators. They sold all their players and fans who had never experienced the type of losing seasons that the Senators were having, simply lost interest.

So was it lack of fan interest or economic hardships that caused the Senators to die? It was both, but most importantly, it was the fact that at that time Ottawa was an extremely small market that simply could not compete with the likes of Boston, Detroit, New York, Montreal or even Toronto. Also, I found this little tidbit somewhat interesting, most Ottawa fans hated the fact that the NHL had expanded into the United States and attendance to the games against American teams was very low.

You make a good point in regards to Ottawa being somewhat jaded when it comes to sports and I'm sure that had something to do with it. But you can't ignore the economic realities of the times. So there you have it, we both had good points. Now can we move on to something else?

And lastly... You didn't school me, I would've continued in this heated debate, but I had other things to attend to.

You do know your stuff, though, I'll give you that.

thecatch.jpg

What stripe? The bit of colour on the elbow doesn't even go all the way around the arm. It just kind of goes around part way before stopping. I don't know how it could be considered a stripe. There isn't one stripe on that entire jersey.

Man, you can't tell what that pattern on their forearm is... those shots are extremely blurry. Have you seen the jerseys yet? Cause if you have, I'd love to hear about them. Until then, your guess is as good as mine

If you are referring to those video game shots referenced on the last page, the white parts located over the elbows of the red jerseys are not a stripe. It's just some patch of white thrown on the sleeve. The entire underarm of the sleeve, from armpit to cuff, is black. Those jerseys in those screenshots are horrible, IMO. As as nice an update of the logo the front-facing Senator is, it's a more unbalanced logo than the one they wore until now.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Actually it does, look closely at the left shoulder. You see a very small white gap, meaning the (Red Wings') design remianed intact, except for the collar.

Once again, we see who is really responsible for the Predators' and Islanders' monstrosities.

As tempting as it is to blame RBK, the clubs bear the lion's share of the "credit."

now you see why i've given up in regards to team in bold.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

If you are referring to those video game shots referenced on the last page, the white parts located over the elbows of the red jerseys are not a stripe. It's just some patch of white thrown on the sleeve. The entire underarm of the sleeve, from armpit to cuff, is black. Those jerseys in those screenshots are horrible, IMO. As as nice an update of the logo the front-facing Senator is, it's a more unbalanced logo than the one they wore until now.

Yeah, I certainly hope that the blurry factor is to blame for those weird looking jerseys. They are no worse than the ones we had in 2006-07. So, what can I say, crappy jerseys are the norm here in Ottawa. Hey... at least both jerseys have the same logo on them.

thecatch.jpg

Man, you can't tell what that pattern on their forearm is... those shots are extremely blurry. Have you seen the jerseys yet? Cause if you have, I'd love to hear about them. Until then, your guess is as good as mine

You guys have a better eye for analyzing blurry screen shots than me- do you see a black side panel on the red jerseys (and a red side panel on the whites)? The sleeves in the screen shots reminded me of the Atlanta Falcons sleeves, which would be bad (overly busy).

As one of the few fans of the red swoosh jerseys, I'm holding out hope that the teaser pic looks very similar to the top of the current reds but I doubt the team would have an official unveiling if the new jerseys looked basically the same. I'm really hoping those screen shots aren't accurate...but have a sinking feeling they are.

templatesca0.png

So... looks like ea sports has been kind enough to give us the rbk templates :)

I see boston's, nashville patent-pending "t-shirt" design, washington capitals, panthers, any more?

Sen's might be that one in the top-middle

templatesca0.png

I see boston's, nashville patent-pending "t-shirt" design, washington capitals, panthers, any more?

Nice find...the Sens might be the top-middle one, although that has piping on the shoulder and the teaser pic does not appear to have any piping on the shoulders.

New Red Wings uniforms. Look a lot like the old Red Wings uniform.

redwingsedge.jpg

http://redwings.nhl.com/ext/wings_jerseyemail_resize_fn.pdf

Except for that ugly new collar and NHL logo on the front. I think it's funny how Reebok had to come up with a bizarre looking collar just so they could draw attention to the new NHL logo on the front. It seems like it's the only reason for it.........The Wings did their best not to change anything, but this jersey is still a downgrade. The NHL logo on the red one looks especially out of place. It's just floating in space there.

DEATH TO REEBOK

redwingsedge.jpg

Great, I'm glad to see the Wings and Reebok followed the old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" (I know, poor grammar :P) for the Wings jersey. :D

Too bad they used the "if its fine, break it" mentality on the Florida Panthers and Nashville Predators! :P

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

templatesca0.png

Nice find...the Sens might be the top-middle one, although that has piping on the shoulder and the teaser pic does not appear to have any piping on the shoulders.

Yea, I think our piping is blended though

capnSENATORS3.jpg

redwingsedge.jpg

Great, I'm glad to see the Wings and Reebok followed the old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" (I know, poor grammar :P) for the Wings jersey. :D

Too bad they used the "if its fine, break it" mentality on the Florida Panthers and Nashville Predators! :P

I actually think that the Panthers didn't turn out too bad. I think the white jersey is actually an improvement over the old. Of course the new Preds jerseys are a travesty.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

templatesca0.png

Yea, I think our piping is blended though

capnSENATORS3.jpg

So you think it is the top middle one?

templatesca0.png

The top left one, using a non-lace-up collar looks like it could be the new Devils uniform.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived