2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

http://wild.nhl.com/

Just a side note and not related to unis or anything like that but go to the wilds website and look on the right hand side where there is the 21 and it says "parrish for kids". I know that this is Mark Parrish but just read that to yourself and it sounds kinda funny. That concludes our random thought of the day brought to you by ryguy3285.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
templatesca0.png
Against what everyone else has been saying... I see the Sens template at the bottom left. If you make the black upper arm match the jersey base color and swap the red to black and white to red... there you have it...

SensMaybe.jpg

What's kind of worrying me is that the only teams that haven't gone completely :censored:o-bazoo with their designs are the three Original 6 teams we've seen so far. I'm a Wild fan (just check my sig!) and they've shifted more towards the traditional, old time hockey look and feel in the last few seasons, as opposed to when they debuted with the stupid name and the extreme, scratchy original logo.

It's been a working theory of mine that RBK wanted a radical shift in all of the teams' looks, but the Original 6 balked. Because of this, RBK "allowed" those six teams to keep their current looks to the best of their abilities, but everybody else would shift to vertical stripes, piping, etc. I have no hard evidence of this, but I have a sneaking suspicion.

Anyway, for those who are debating whether it's the teams or RBK that is deciding these looks, wait for the Wild to show off their sweaters. If that team, which embraces old school more than any other recent expansions, goes radical with the design, we'll know who's really calling the shots.

Against what everyone else has been saying... I see the Sens template at the bottom left. If you make the black upper arm match the jersey base color and swap the red to black and white to red... there you have it...

SensMaybe.jpg

That could be it... good eye.

However, these jerseys in the create a uniform mode could just be random designs that the guys at EA Sports came up with. They've seen the new jerseys, so they might just be making jerseys that look similar to the current RBK templates.

thecatch.jpg

SensMaybe.jpg

That could be it... good eye.

However, these jerseys in the create a uniform mode could just be random designs that the guys at EA Sports came up with. They've seen the new jerseys, so they might just be making jerseys that look similar to the current RBK templates.

good point.

or it could be the EA guys just screwing around with the creation mode, trying to throw us off, lol.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

It's been a working theory of mine that RBK wanted a radical shift in all of the teams' looks, but the Original 6 balked. Because of this, RBK "allowed" those six teams to keep their current looks to the best of their abilities, but everybody else would shift to vertical stripes, piping, etc. I have no hard evidence of this, but I have a sneaking suspicion.

I would disagree, because Columbus went with a more classic look. I also have a feeling that the Devils and Flyers jerseys wont change much either. As for the remaining teams that is anybodys guess

I would disagree, because Columbus went with a more classic look. I also have a feeling that the Devils and Flyers jerseys wont change much either. As for the remaining teams that is anybodys guess

I really would be surprised to see the Avalanche uni's change as well. Though relatively new in franchise, the uniform is one of the classic looks in all of sports.

S80-81-82-83_zpspmeyx5vh.png

200px-Nassau_Coliseum_logo.jpg

I really would be surprised to see the Avalanche uni's change as well. Though relatively new in franchise, the uniform is one of the classic looks in all of sports.

But, what is this? Noticed this screenshot on some random review and it really looks as if the screen shot taker is delibrately trying to reveal something?

s32134_pc_14.jpg

Is this a conference uni or a team?

It looks like the Eastern Conference all-star jersey's from last year in the background on the fans. Make sense because the players pictured are wearing the Western All-Star uniform.

Oh and I'll be attending the unveiling, I'll get the pics up as soon as I can but I live a good hour away from the Arena so chances are there will be some pics up before I get them up.

I will probably be going too. I live about five minutes away from the arena so I will try to get the pics up quick.

They better have that jersey design uniform creator thing for the PS2 version or I am going to be PISSED. Ive been waiting forever for EA to come out with something like this for a hockey game.

Don't count on it. EA has two separate teams working on NHL, one for next-gen (360 and PS3) and one for old gen (PS2)

So what is in next-gen might not make it on the PS2 and probably won't ...So buy a 360/PS3 :P

Question here: If Detroit smartly decided to keep their jersey design, why is it that every other non-Original 6 team has gotten a complete makeover? Boston, New York, and Detroit had kept the traditional horizontal stripes, hemlines, and designs, while the rest of the jerseys have been crap templates with piping and vertical stripes.

Either rbk only wanted to have the Original 6 keep their traditional styles and change every one else, or rbk let the teams choose to keep it or change to a template. If it's the latter, then the Detroit uniform is proof that the teams are screwing up their designs.

Quick question to anyone that knows more about the EA game...

Will we be finally able to UPLOAD our logo's to the damn game (for the PC version) or will we be stuck with the usual way of updating the game with add-ons and the hexidecimal crap or whatever it is that people do, .bat crap.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

the Detroit uniform is proof that the teams are screwing up their designs.

I certainly take it as such.

We have heard unconfirmed assertions that the teams only had "veto power". I don't buy it at all.

I think that's a hefty steaming pile as well...i think the Teams have more say than people want to believe. It seems as though everyone wants to blame RBK just because they came up with something that makes the sport more streamlined and something the players would enjoy wearing because as a jersey gets wet, it does get heavier and pair that with the equipt we wear (i play rec hockey now, but in a divisional league), it weighs you down.

You'd have to be kidding yourself if you think the owners said "yeah sure, let RBK design jerseys for my team, eventhough merchandising is a huge business, go nuts, we obviously don't care about money...i mean that lock out was just for fun!"...RBK probably has provided each team their creative team to team up with whatever designer the team has hired to come up with a common ground with the materials the jersey is made of and the restrictions.

That's what i am going with.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Question here: If Detroit smartly decided to keep their jersey design, why is it that every other non-Original 6 team has gotten a complete makeover? Boston, New York, and Detroit had kept the traditional horizontal stripes, hemlines, and designs, while the rest of the jerseys have been crap templates with piping and vertical stripes.

Either rbk only wanted to have the Original 6 keep their traditional styles and change every one else, or rbk let the teams choose to keep it or change to a template. If it's the latter, then the Detroit uniform is proof that the teams are screwing up their designs.

Keep in mind we have only seen a very few of the new designs. Of the non-original six teams we have seen non of them can you say have much tradition to speak off. Excluding Boston, Detroit, and the Rangers the only teams we have seen uniforms are from are the Blue Jackets, Caps, Kings, Hurricanes, Predators, and Hurricanes. Only two of those team existed before 1990 and you would have to figure the most recent teams would be the ones that take "design risk" and go with the more fad design off piping and such. And even then one of those pre-1990 team went with a total overhaul of logos and unis. That said based on two that the Blue Jackets went with a more traditional design similar to what their alts were like and the Hurricanes kept their bottom hurricane stripes it does seem that teams have significant input in the uniform design. It probably more the fact that teams like Florida and Predators just probably asked RBK for a new uniform and didn't care what the design was.

Keep in mind they we have only seen less than one third of the league's Edge uniforms and all the ones that are being unveiled with big hoopla. Those are of course going to be significantly different than the previous design. Team that are keeping a similar look aren't going to have a big unveiling ceremony. The Rangers and Red Wings pics just appeared on their website.

Archived