2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

Wow, was there this much ridiculous complaining when baseball switched from flannel to polyester in the late 60s / early 70s?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, was there this much ridiculous complaining when baseball switched from flannel to polyester in the late 60s / early 70s?

They didn't have message boards or websites dedicated to uniforms. :D

"This sweater, this Bluenote, it's your life. That Bluenote never hits the floor. You wear that sweater with pride." Barclay Plager

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

..... Bring Back The Vet....... ....... ridiculous complaining ......... bring back the vet ..... .... ..... ridiculous complaining... ..... .. ???? *weighs it in his hands* bring back the vet.......... ridiculous complaining...... ... ... There's something to this... I just can't figure it out.

I guess you're right. Al Gore should have invented the internet sooner.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is like the NFL making it a rule to have all teams based off of the Broncos, Vikings, and Falcons templates. These Edge jerseys all suck ass in terms of design. The only one that's made a quality splash to me is the Red Wings because they barely changed anything. The Blue Jackets are okay I guess, but most of them are just painful. Very painful. I feel bad for the NHL and for it's die hard fans because the league is pissing on most of its traditions. It's screwed things up by ditching the classic logo, the classic rules, and now their classic jerseys. The revamp I understand, considering the league was practically dead, but I think by just holding pat and not changing at this magnitude, hockey could've come back.

Boston and New York also have kept their traditional designs like Detroit has. (Boston's tweaked a bit, but still based off of the original). The main thing I see for an argument is Carolina. From what we've seen, if the EA leak is accurate, then they haven't changed their jersey hardly at all. If that's the case, then it's the teams to blame for the hideous designs, not RBK.

I'm hoping that when it's all said and done, it's more than just the original 6 that have an original design. So far it seems like the "no horizontal" rule is in pretty full effect, but I don't see why if Boston and New York are allowed to, everyone else shouldn't be allowed either.

Did baseball make teams completely redesign all their uniforms, throwing history and tradition to the wind?

This is like the NFL making it a rule to have all teams based off of the Broncos, Vikings, and Falcons templates. These Edge jerseys all suck ass in terms of design. The only one that's made a quality splash to me is the Red Wings because they barely changed anything. The Blue Jackets are okay I guess, but most of them are just painful. Very painful. I feel bad for the NHL and for it's die hard fans because the league is pissing on most of its traditions. It's screwed things up by ditching the classic logo, the classic rules, and now their classic jerseys. The revamp I understand, considering the league was practically dead, but I think by just holding pat and not changing at this magnitude, hockey could've come back.

Boston and New York also have kept their traditional designs like Detroit has. (Boston's tweaked a bit, but still based off of the original). The main thing I see for an argument is Carolina. From what we've seen, if the EA leak is accurate, then they haven't changed their jersey hardly at all. If that's the case, then it's the teams to blame for the hideous designs, not RBK.

I'm hoping that when it's all said and done, it's more than just the original 6 that have an original design. So far it seems like the "no horizontal" rule is in pretty full effect, but I don't see why if Boston and New York are allowed to, everyone else shouldn't be allowed either.

Did baseball make teams completely redesign all their uniforms, throwing history and tradition to the wind?

No, because number one, they didn't have "marketing teams" that thought piping and vertical stripes were the "cool thing" of the times.

Number two, had they ignored history and thrown away their traditions, fans would've been outraged. But apparently, hockey fans don't care enough about tradition to convince teams not to change their uniform designs, meaning they should change because they think we don't care.

If hockey were as deeply rooted in the US as baseball is, then they probably wouldn't make the design changes. But because the majority of teams are in the US, and it isn't as popular with Americans, maybe they feel compelled to change because there won't be as big an uproar.

I guess you're right. Al Gore should have invented the internet sooner.

...and all this time I thought Bill Gates invented the internet. You learn somethin' new every day....

I see no evidence that the NHL did that either. In fact, the new Detroit, Boston and New York sweaters indicate that they did no such thing.

No, because number one, they didn't have "marketing teams" that thought piping and vertical stripes were the "cool thing" of the times.

Number two, had they ignored history and thrown away their traditions, fans would've been outraged. But apparently, hockey fans don't care enough about tradition to convince teams not to change their uniform designs, meaning they should change because they think we don't care.

If hockey were as deeply rooted in the US as baseball is, then they probably wouldn't make the design changes. But because the majority of teams are in the US, and it isn't as popular with Americans, maybe they feel compelled to change because there won't be as big an uproar.

Have you not heard about the sabres not slugs online petition?

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but the new Lightning uniforms are supposed to be unveiled on August 25th.

From TBO.com: New Lightning logo leaked?

Posted By Erik Erlendsson at Jul 13, 2007 at 04:41 PM

Updated Jul 13, 2007 at 05:55 PM

Over the course of the past few months, ever since the league reveled the new RBK designed jerseys that will be used starting this season, there has been speculation that the Lightning would alter their logo and change the lettering on the jerseys.

Officially the team will not unveil the new logo until a fan festival on August 25.

I forgot about the Bruins and the Rangers, those were both cool, and Boston actually did a great job of updating while staying classic. I have to do a flip-flop on the situation, as I think the NHL told RBK to update all the uniforms, but I think it was RBK's idea to implement the edge template.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

No. Neither did the NHL. Being influenced is not the same as being told.

Some baseball teams (Pirates, Phillies, Red Sox, Cubs, plus several others) did make radical changes with the shift to polyester. Whether it was for better or worse is debatable.

I'm not saying people don't have a right to complain if they think that a uniform is poorly designed, but most of the complaining in this thread is mis-targeted (F RBK!!!) and way overblown (I'm done forever watching hockey if my team changes their uniforms!!!) Some (not all, or even most) of you guys sound like you're 10 years old, which after further thought, may be accurate.

No. Neither did the NHL. Being influenced is not the same as being told.

Some baseball teams (Pirates, Phillies, Red Sox, Cubs, plus several others) did make radical changes with the shift to polyester. Whether it was for better or worse is debatable.

I'm not saying people don't have a right to complain if they think that a uniform is poorly designed, but most of the complaining in this thread is mis-targeted (F RBK!!!) and way overblown (I'm done forever watching hockey if my team changes their uniforms!!!) Some (not all, or even most) of you guys sound like you're 10 years old, which after further thought, may be accurate.

I whole-heartedly agree. Right on the money with that one.

I'd like to add... take the crappy designs with a grain of salt. It's fun to make fun of ugly uniforms.

thecatch.jpg

It's also our right as buyers of these jerseys to vent quite loudly our criticisms of the uniforms. If we just took everything they gave us then we wouldn't be doing our job as fans to get the best quality product out there.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'd like to add... take the crappy designs with a grain of salt. It's fun to make fun of ugly uniforms.

It's a tough job, but someone?s got to do it. :D

"This sweater, this Bluenote, it's your life. That Bluenote never hits the floor. You wear that sweater with pride." Barclay Plager

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

the solution to this problem is simple. if you don't like what the teams have designed and i blame fully the teams not RBK, then don't buy the jersey, don't buy the merchendise and don't give them another red penny and demand that the uniforms be changed to a better aesthetically pleasing designs. I take it a step farther by doing what i can do not to give them a dime until it is changed which includes merch, tickets, ratings etc.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Well, this is interesting (and stolen from HF boards by me).

This image:

whale2_b.jpg

from which I cropped my avatar, used to be freely available last week and thumb nailed on the Canucks Mobile Images page on their website. And now its no longer directly linked.

However, someone messing around with the URL discovered these:

whale1_b.jpgwhale3_b.jpg

May mean nothing, but its intriguing anyways.

There's also:

IE_psp_twinWin_IE.jpg

this, but thats from last year, since the Canucks don't play the Avs on April 5th in the upcoming season.

Well, this is interesting (and stolen from HF boards by me).

This image:

whale2_b.jpg

from which I cropped my avatar, used to be freely available last week and thumb nailed on the Canucks Mobile Images page on their website. And now its no longer directly linked.

However, someone messing around with the URL discovered these:

whale1_b.jpgwhale3_b.jpg

May mean nothing, but its intriguing anyways.

There's also:

IE_psp_twinWin_IE.jpg

this, but thats from last year, since the Canucks don't play the Avs on April 5th in the upcoming season.

The Canucks have been using that version of the two toned whale for quite sometime now. It was on my Nucks vs. Wings ticket from the St. Patty's day game.

Archived