The Road to Clarity

DG_ThenNowForever

MN TH-62 is a freeway for most of its length these days. And, since the bridge collapse, TH-280 has also been made into one.

Have y'all seen this site about "clinching" highways? It lets you map the interstates (and business routes) that you've traveled on.

For example, mine:

kj.us.gif

Ooh, I may have to work on that one one of these days...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ooh, I may have to work on that one one of these days...

fredtjane.us.gif

Somehow I messed up my Mississippi and Oklahoma data... :(

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Don't worry, it took me a few times to get all my data right, and even then something changed and it dropped my I-35 Texas data. I think I have it settled for the moment. Check the error log on your user page, it's helpful.

You need to get out more. :lol:

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Don't worry, it took me a few times to get all my data right, and even then something changed and it dropped my I-35 Texas data. I think I have it settled for the moment. Check the error log on your user page, it's helpful.

Ah, Yes, I see that. By the looks of it, just flipped some info around.

You need to get out more. :lol:

You're telling me. :(

• 2 weeks later...
Interstate 88 (west) Moline, IL (I-80) to Chicago, IL (I-290) 140.6 mi

Interstate 88 (east) Binghamton, NY (I-81) to Schenectady, NY (I-90) 117.8 mi

Well, that doesn't make a damn bit of sense. I wonder which one was numbered first? I know that Illinois didn't get the I-88 designation until the mid-'80s, when Route 5 became the East-West Tollway (er, pardon me, the Ronald Reagan Memorial Tollway.)

41 goes south into Illinois (and I thought much further), so it won't be a single state interstate.

I knew it made its way into Indiana, but it turns out that sucker makes its way all the way to Miami. And I doubt that 41 would have an Interstate designation outside of Wisconsin, because it functions as a local road through Waukegan and other northern suburbs, then turns into Lake Shore Drive, which has signals (and, oddly, was considered to become I-494 several decades ago,) and then becomes a local road again through the city's south side, into Northwest Indiana.

Also, for your consideration on almost one-state interstates (non-loop or spur category): I-57

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

tons (117 pages worth) of info on the design of this font:

http://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/pdfs/clearfont/CTSEng.pdf

So...when can we see this pop up on here as a font file? :P

Done.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

• 3 weeks later...

New fonts hit Texas!

roadtoclarity.gif

Interestingly enough, the new signs, when showing other road signs on them, the road signs they display are in the old font, like this:

roadtoclarity2.GIF

That's because Clearview hasn't been approved for dark-on-light use yet - only light-on-dark. Thus the use of the current fonts on the route markers.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Yea... I really don't understand the point of having ANOTHER Milwaukee to GB "interstate." I know 41 goes through the Fox Valley where 43 goes up the lakeshore, but why not just end I-41 at Appleton and keep it as US-41 from Appleton to GB?

What will become I-41 has little to do with connecting Milwaukee to Green Bay. It has everything to do with improving traffic flow between the Fox Valley and Green Bay or between the Fox Cities themselves. Someone sneezes wrong and traffic gets bottled up. It is years off, but I can't wait until they get the Appleton-Green Bay stretch to six lanes. They need an additional two lanes just to accommodate the accident gawkers.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived