Browns goes back to the old socks

scraw28

Yes, I know, with the sleeves of modern NFL uni going the way of the dodo bird, it's hard to fit both the number and sleeve stripes. But...if the Bears can do it, the Browns can find a way to do it as well.

But the Bears do it horribly. Their sleeve stripes are barely even visible anymore, because they get cut off or rolled up under the pads.

MuhsinMuhammad01.jpg

If anything, I'd rather see the Bears update their sleeves like the Browns have.

Agreed. The Bears are a textbook example of why teams with sleeve stripes must move numbers to the shoulders.

The Browns manage to do a pretty good job maintain the integrity of their jersey stripes. By keeping the TV numbers on the sleeves, the Bears are virtually ensuring that the stripes will be cut off.

Even their hallowed tribute to Halas gets cut off:

photo13.jpg

I hate that cheating bastard Halas with a burning passion, but disrespecting his tribute that way seems somehow wrong.

• 1 month later...
capt.580cbc539fcc4427bfff6a0372481bd2.chiefs_browns_football_ohtd108.jpg

If they (the Browns organization, not Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn) wanna impress me when it comes to the unis, then slap the TV numbers back on the sleeves above the stripes.

89_1.JPG

Yes, I know, with the sleeves of modern NFL uni going the way of the dodo bird, it's hard to fit both the number and sleeve stripes. But...if the Bears can do it, the Browns can find a way to do it as well.

Best part of that pic? Bernie Kosar's stellar long sleeve t-shirt under the jersey that makes him look like he's playing Backyard Football. In the age of Under Armour, that's a fun image.

I've noticed that when Cleveland or the NY Jets wear white pants, you can get either the solid or the striped sock and the Bengals can sport the orange or black socks at any given time.

KISSwall09.jpg

Off topic - I never realized Brady Quinn had guns like that. Dude is jacked.

He's on the cover of the July/August issue of Men's Health magazine and the article describes his workout regimen. You may not have heard that he popped out 24 bench press reps of 225 lbs. at the scouting combine. That was the highest number of reps ever by a QB at the combine and beat the best efforts of half the linebackers who lifted. :blink:

I wonder what BALCO-esque lab he is a client of?

I'll testify that he was pretty much always like that. I was a freshman at Dublin Coffman High School when he was a senior and he was actually in a drawing class I was taking. He loomed large over everyone back then and held numerous weight lifting records in the football team's weight room. I can't speak nicely of him as a person however, megajockhead.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Man. The Browns just refuse to put it all together at once don't they.

Go back to the white facemask. Flip the stripes around on the pants (brown/orange/brown).

It'd be beautiful.

They can do the brown jerseys the way they are now, or they can go back to putting brown inside the stripes.

Here ya' go, enjoy while I'm at the Saints vs Titans, game! Lord I hope that we win!! (Didn't say it that much last year buth ehh..)

CONCEPT81-Cleveland.08Complete-1.png

I'm not gonna' impose on this topic since it is for the Browns, but I'm about to go to work after coming from the Titans vs. ????? game and I will say this that I hope with a week off these guy's can find themselves and what the hell happened as my signature so puts! Steve Smith, will have a field day against either McKenzie or David, so I hope that they can do something to salvage and already damaged season! It's funny...I finally got my house repaired last year along with my home team as I thought and now I have a semi-new house with what's looking to be like "Dem Old Saints".....I don't want to get my paper bag ready.....Lord, I don't!

I love striped socks. I wish all teams with old school unis would wear them. They especially look good on the Browns.

I hate that cheating bastard Halas with a burning passion, but disrespecting his tribute that way seems somehow wrong.

Would the fact that he was a racist change your mind? When the Packers signed Bob Mann (their first Black player), Halas offered $100 to the first guy who would "knock his moustache off."

Would the fact that he was a racist change your mind? When the Packers signed Bob Mann (their first Black player), Halas offered $100 to the first guy who would "knock his moustache off."

Look, you don't need to give me reasons not to like that dirty, underhanded Halas (but I'll gladly accept them). Not an honorable man.

But I have to give credit where credit is due, and the man was singularly influential in the League. For his work with the team, he deserves his tribute, and shame on the Bears for letting their own players disrespect that tribute.

But the Bears do it horribly. Their sleeve stripes are barely even visible anymore, because they get cut off or rolled up under the pads.

MuhsinMuhammad01.jpg

If anything, I'd rather see the Bears update their sleeves like the Browns have.

Agreed. The Bears are a textbook example of why teams with sleeve stripes must move numbers to the shoulders.

The Browns manage to do a pretty good job maintain the integrity of their jersey stripes. By keeping the TV numbers on the sleeves, the Bears are virtually ensuring that the stripes will be cut off.

Even their hallowed tribute to Halas gets cut off:

photo13.jpg

:rolleyes: *cough cough* MISTER cheating bas.....

any who...

I agree that the sleeve stripes/numbers don't look very well with the current style of uniforms. The only thing that might save the look is if they were to use some of the new stretch materials like NIKE is using for some of the college jerseys. Then maybe the jerseys would fit tighter and not be as baggy around the side of the shoulder pads showing off the stripes that SHOULD be there. Of course once Nike is introduced into the picture we might get some visual diarrhea concept of a Bears jersey, with all sorts of stripes and lines...which would counteract everything I just said.

Archived