2009 AAA All-Star Game Logo

smzimbabwe

Have to see the complete logo to be sure, but it looks okay.

I don't think the rose/baseball entirely works, but I do like the idea.

I started writing a post saying that I think it's terrific all around, but the more I look at that rose, the more I agree with you: it's weird. If Portland were known for sunflowers or daisies, and they put a baseball in the middle of those, then it might make more sense. However, the baseball in the rose seems forced and kind of off-putting. However, it doesn't say "baseball" anywhere else on the logo, so it needed to be somewhere. But given that the rest of the elements of the logo are terrific and fitting to the city, I can give them a pass.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If it's going to be compared to a NBA All-Star logo, atleast go with the Denver logo from the year before. It also uses a mountain for the top part of the star and a ribbon separating that part from the rest. Atleast there the simularities go beyond both use a star.

While I agree it does seem a tad awkward, I must say I love the baseball rose. Decent logo, tho I question the use of the mountain over something more Beaver-y. I know there are mountains in Oregon, but with PCL baseball, when I see Pacific Mountains, I think the team named for one: the Tacoma Rainiers.

Without the baseball rose, any non-local like myself could miss the "PORTLAND" on the logo and think the game is in Tacoma.

Still pretty good design, and unique choice of colors. Not bad.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

It's known nationally as the Rose City. Personally, I'm tired of every Portland event using images of a rose and Mt. Hood. It's time to find something else that represents the city. What about its moniker of being "Bridgetown"? Why couldn't we use images of the Willamette (pronounced wilLAMette, NOT willamETTE - just in case you're ever in orygun (not oreGONE) and don't want to be chastised by anyone local" River and Columbia Rivers - two major features of the city. The rendering is nice, and the logo works as an all star game, but the rose and mt. hood are so freakin' cliché.

OD_Signature.jpg

Archived