elliott's "30 NHL Concepts in 30 Days" series

elliott

I gotta agree with koizim's statement, I'm not feeling the yellow note at all. I actually like the navy they have in their color scheme, but I also think there needs to be more yellow, but your concept has too much yellow, and with the white being so close to the yellow, I'm just not feeling it.

BTW what program are you using?

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I gotta agree with koizim's statement, I'm not feeling the yellow note at all. I actually like the navy they have in their color scheme, but I also think there needs to be more yellow, but your concept has too much yellow, and with the white being so close to the yellow, I'm just not feeling it.

All right, so this concept isn't going over so well - cant win em all. I guess I'll darken the yellow, maybe the colors will 'pop' bit more.

Illustrator 10. Wish I could get CS2 but it costs too much :D.

All right, so this concept isn't going over so well - cant win em all. I guess I'll darken the yellow, maybe the colors will 'pop' bit more.

Illustrator 10. Wish I could get CS2 but it costs too much :D.

make sure that the bluenote stays blue. saw another concept with a white note, and it just doesn't look right. the blue on blue logo has been that way since the beginning til the current ones.

I'm the biggest Red Wings traditionalist I know (in real life, anyways. There are probably bigger ones on the board.) and I approve this concept.

I think those red ones with the red numbers in the white stripe are real nice. Its very classy.

And, the white sleves on the white jerseys are new. I like them. I wouldn't quite call it an upgrade, but they look good.

One criticism: these are the Red Wings. Can I get a vertical arch on the nameplate?

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Im a HUGE rangers fan and I have to say, not too fond of this. Not at all.

1)terrible of you to not include the diagonal "RANGERS"

2)The mix of the 3rd and the classic really did not work out here.

3)what is with the triple/quadruple striping pattern on the sleeves and bottom???

4)if you insist on using the ranger shield, at least make it prominant by increasing the size and making the stripe at the bottom smaller

All in all, a BIG downgrade to what they'll be using this year...

I'm not a big fan of REAL THICK bands of different color like half one color half another, but Honestly I can't say it looks *that* horrible on these ranger uniforms. BTW, I was raised to hate the Rangers, and even though offhand I can't think of one good reason why I should hate them, It's just one of those things, when I hear Rangers or Red Wings, I just automatically throw red flags of hatred into the air without even thinking of it.

That said, thinking outside the box, I'm NOT a fan of the diagonal RANGERS. Wasn't a fan of it when Colorado copied it either, though it does look somewhat better on their uniforms then NYR :). I think the downside to this concept is the striping on the white jersey. It looks like a bad early early 80's sweater. I'd like to see it without the white gaps in between the red/blue/red striping, just the simple white gap between the all blue and the red/blue/red stripe. I think it could look nicer this way. Not sure about the red shorts either but tough to tell without really seeing them on top of each other.

EDIT:

And Yes, I think maybe the shield is a bit small too as I see the poster above has said, but with regards to this years uniform, I think the strange slant the word is on doesn't look that great to begin with :)

S80-81-82-83_zpspmeyx5vh.png

200px-Nassau_Coliseum_logo.jpg

Im sorry but the Leafs and Rangers ones are awful. There too modern for traditional teams.

I don't really find anything wrong with the Leafs one, I think its, although simple and somewhat resemblant of the practice jerseys, just fine and no worse (or perhaps no better either) than what they have now, a horizontal step nothing gained nothing lost just an alternative design :) Same thing with the red wings.

S80-81-82-83_zpspmeyx5vh.png

200px-Nassau_Coliseum_logo.jpg

valuable lesson i learned when trying to do this...

...don't make it every single team, and leave more than a day in between concepts. Some teams cant be tampered with too much, but the ones that can often need more time to be thought out.

oBIgzrL.png

Archived