elliott's "30 NHL Concepts in 30 Days" series

elliott

Previously:

Atlanta Thrashers

Florida Panthers

Ottawa Senators

I already have three done, as you can see, but I will now be updating this every day. I have a pretty strong lineup planned so far (I think :D ) and I think everyone is going to like many of these concepts.

Starting with the Canucks:

Notice that there is no shortage of V's. The jerseys they just unveiled were okay but I'd rather see something like this.

AnotherCanucksConcept.gif

Tommorrow: Buffalo Sabres

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like this concept. However, just some minor suggestions for you:

• The stick in rink is a little hard to make out against the green shoulder yoke. I think the outline on it should be just a little thicker.
  • The pinstripe on the pants doesn't seem to match up with the striping on the jersey. Personally, I would thicken it so it matches up with one of the green stripes coming across the sleeves

Other than that, this is one of the better Canucks concepts I've seen. Good Job.

• The stick in rink is a little hard to make out against the green shoulder yoke. I think the outline on it should be just a little thicker.
  • The pinstripe on the pants doesn't seem to match up with the striping on the jersey. Personally, I would thicken it so it matches up with one of the green stripes coming across the sleeves

Other than that, this is one of the better Canucks concepts I've seen. Good Job.

The biggest problem with this jersey though is that it isn't part of the Edge Template. Remember, the jerseys are changing because they needed new material cuts. Otherwise the Penguins could have kept theirs, and I'm sure the Flyers wouldn't have changed.

Chris

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

The biggest problem with this jersey though is that it isn't part of the Edge Template. Remember, the jerseys are changing because they needed new material cuts. Otherwise the Penguins could have kept theirs, and I'm sure the Flyers wouldn't have changed.

Chris

So your saying that all teams looking the same is good?

Day 2: Buffalo Sabres

Somewhat similar to my Sabres concept that I made a really long time ago, but more refined and modern, I think.

BuffaloSabresConcept.gif

Ill just say ditch the black in the Coyotes concept and its great. Change the black to the tan colour in the logo.

I disagree, I think the black is a nice touch and it adds a continuity with those original jerseys they had right after they moved from Winnipeg. Those original jerseys were awful but your concept is really nice. I agree with Pritch that it would be nicer with a touch of tan though. The striping & piping is nice and original too, which is something that most concepts lack.

I know I might be a little late to criticize but I am really not digging those Canucks jerseys. That striping reminds me of the Florida Panthers. Also I like the blue logo they went with better than your green & blue one. The pants are pretty cool though.

Buffalo... I'm so tired of looking at Buffalo concepts, but yours is pretty nice.

thecatch.jpg

I'll bang these out all at once.

CANUCKS: Meh. As I've said before, the orca is a piece of :censored: corporate logo that doesn't reflect the team in any way. Using it equals an automatic deduction in my scorebook. The rest looks like a recolored Penguins sweater (from 2 different eras no less). You could turn those triangles into Vs easily enough and break away from the Penguins look.

SABRES: My favorite of this batch. I'm not crazy about the gray slashes in the blue/gold areas, as white would work well and not make it look so grimy. The B/sword logo makes a great crest, which I've used in my Sabres concepts.

COYOTES: No real gripes, but there's an awful lot of color on the side panels of a "white" sweater. All the junk under the arms is a distraction from an otherwise nice look.

PREDATORS: Now that you've done away with their readily identifiable sleeve pattern and unique nuber/name font, these look incredibly bland.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The PREDS set isn't awful, but could be better. Here is how:

- Use their name and numeral font. 'Twould make this set less bland, as VitaminD has already stated.

- Make the white side panels on both tops and the pants silver. (Or better yet, just scrap the pants stripe altogether. They've survived thus far w/o one. Why start now?)

Archived