Bonds done with the Giants

Sguse1

Apparently the Rangers were the "mystery team" Bonds had an offer from last season.

As a Rangers fan, I would not like to see him wearing red, white, and blue next season.

I'd rather be known for mediocrity(as we seem forever destined to be) than be known for that.

Amen.

newsig.jpg

He's going to the O's. Angelos spent on Belle and Sosa before, so it's not impossible. But Bonds may go to the Mets if a ring's his top priority, by far.

I highly doubt the Orioles are a possibility. Neither Belle nor Sosa compare to the Bonds situation. Belle was still a great player when he signed (no signs of an injury) and Sosa came pretty cheap. Plus Andy MacPhail is supposed to be in charge of baseball operations now, not Angelos. I really hope that he would realize that Bonds doesn't belong on a rebuilding team. The same goes for Bonds, he wants a ring so the O's won't be on his list.

It will be interesting to see where he goes (and who will be interested). I'd guess the loser of A-rod would sign him. So for now I'll guess the Red Sox.

Wonder now if SF will make a run at A-Rod if he does in fact opt out?

Perhaps, but the word on the street was the Giants were cutting ties with Bonds to get younger and less expensive. Now, that could be their version of "it's not you, it's me," but A-Rod wouldn't really qualify. Sure, he's young-er, but I think you're more likely to see them address a number of areas with Bonds' salary than to use it to pay half of A-Rod's.

Judged by the way that most of this city still sees Mike Vick as a hero, Bonds would be more than welcome here in Atlanta. I wouldn't want him because it would be a circus and basically :censored: ting on Hank Aaron's legacy as a Brave.

It will be interesting to see where he goes (and who will be interested). I'd guess the loser of A-rod would sign him. So for now I'll guess the Red Sox.

please... no! we don't want him!

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Sure you do. He's an "idiot"....

I saw, I came, I left.

yea, after I thought about it you all ready have David Ortiz at DH. I really have no idea where he'll go. He really should go to the AL because DHing will allow him to put up better stats. And he really is the type of player that most teams should be looking to put at DH (an aging player that would benefit from not playing the field). It's just his whole attitude and controversy make him hard to sign. It will depend alot on what his objective is, make money or get a ring. If its not make money he might sign with KC or Tampa Bay. But I think he wants the ring bad, so he might sign with a team that just missed the playoffs this year. Maybe Seattle?

Having him in one team of mine was enough. Thank you but in another team of mine, nooooo.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived