Now I Know I've Been Hard on Syracuse's Uniforms Before...

TFoA

I've come to realize that 'Cuse's away uniforms are GORGEOUS. The only tweaks I'd make would be to revert back to the numbers on the helmet, and use the away uniforms in a style such as that of LSU.

bb77c688-acf9-4818-b4b0-bbb4fbff3ee7.jpg

254784.jpg

So yeah, same jersey + pants striping from current uniform + numbers on helmet instead of the MSU-style S = in the words of Chamillionaire, "Ultimate Victory."

They're not "gorgeous", but they do look pretty good.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Helmet numbers are completely stupid.

Otherwise, that's a nice look. A shame their home look is so, so bad.

1. Better than the oversized S, IMO.

2. The main reason why I want Syracuse to be like LSU and wear the white nearly all the time (save for non-conference home games, and even then maybe still wear the whites) is because their home uniforms are atrociously bad.

I have to say...their new helmets have grown on me so fast this season. I was skeptical at first, but I think they may even be the best helmets they've worn in their history (not that that's saying a lot). The simplicity of the two colors, the big, bold S, the gray facemask (I am in the minority that likes gray facemasks), it just works for me.

I have to say...their new helmets have grown on me so fast this season. I was skeptical at first, but I think they may even be the best helmets they've worn in their history (not that that's saying a lot). The simplicity of the two colors, the big, bold S, the gray facemask (I am in the minority that likes gray facemasks), it just works for me.

I pretty much share your opinion, although even though i like the grey facemask, Im almost thinking a blue one would be an upgrade. I think that their uniforms now are so close to being perfect, but something just seems off. Alot of it ive thought might be just they way they fit. They seem awkward at times with the way the jerseys are cut.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

The huge S is the best part of their uniform.

I'd like to see double stripes on the helmet to match their pants, and then they'd be looking real good on the road. Throw in a white or navy facemask, and bingo.

But then figure out a way to make their home uniforms look less crummy. I don't mind all orange. In fact I love it. But I don't think I've ever seen Syracuse pull it off quite right. If you're gonna wear that much orange, you have to have white mixed in enough to break it up. Too much navy can kill the orange.

The huge S is the best part of their uniform.

I'd like to see double stripes on the helmet to match their pants, and then they'd be looking real good on the road. Throw in a white or navy facemask, and bingo.

But then figure out a way to make their home uniforms look less crummy. I don't mind all orange. In fact I love it. But I don't think I've ever seen Syracuse pull it off quite right. If you're gonna wear that much orange, you have to have white mixed in enough to break it up. Too much navy can kill the orange.

I don't get why people think the helmet stripe has to match the pants stripe...i think the pants and helmet are pretty much perfect as is. The only tweaking id do is the actual jersey. and even then its not a HUGE issue.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

:blink: UMMMM, NO.

"Ummm, no"? To which part? To the question of if you got an education as a child? :blink:

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

:blink: UMMMM, NO.

"Ummm, no"? To which part? To the question of if you got an education as a child? :blink:

Game, set, match, Mockba

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Archived