Dany heatley to return to thrashers tomorrow

nitroseed

As a Thrashers fan, this is FANTASTIC news. Just in time to take back their division lead, the home stretch of the season, and a possible playoff run. To see him come back from all he's been through to play again will be a sight worth seeing. I'll definitely be watching.

For those who don't know, last Sept. 29, (ironically, my birthday) Dany Heatley was involved in a one-car accident with teammate Dan Snyder as a passenger. Snyder passed away six days later. Heatley was sidelined with a serious knee injury, as well as injuries to his jaw. Legal action had been pondered for many months, but the Snyder family has chosen not to press charges, and instead has been incredibly supportive of Heatley.

Go Thrashers!!

Woah. I really don't think he meant to. He went through a lot too, he lost a friend and a team mate. Not to mention experiencing the horrific accident. He's the one who has to live with the fact that he is the reason his friend is dead. Lay off the guy.

Yes... But he also has to live with the fact that he had been WARNED by teammates, family, and friends about his driving habits before that happened.  I, too, think the sappy press is bullcrap.  I don't feel any sympathy for Heatley.  Yeah, he has to live with the fact that he killed his friend... but he's lucky he doesn't have to spend time behind bars for vehicular manslaughter.  He's lucky that he gets to play his favorite sport again... why feel sorry for him for getting off on criminal charges?

IUe6Hvh.png

Am i the only one pissed Heatley is getting all this good, sappy press, and people are forgetting he KILLED DAN SNYDER!!!

God...

No, you're not the only one.

It seems like he's being glorified for making a very serious reckless mistake. Shouldn't he be in court or jail right now? He can't even blame it on alcohol...it was his own free will which led to the death of his teammate.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Good lord, gentlemen... we have a very high and mighty thing going on here. Heatley didn't "kill" Dan Snyder, he was in an automobile accident that resulted in Snyder's death. No one knows what happened that night but Heatley. He may have been going 50, swerved to miss a dog in the road, hit the gas accidentally, and hit the wall hard. We don't know. We weren't there. We can't judge him.

Heatley isn't talking to the press about what happened; one for legal reasons, two because he doesn't have to and shouldn't! This guy does not deserve to be berated because of the auto accident. Snyder's family has spoken with him, the prosecutor has spoken with him, and neithe rof them seem to want to keep him from returning to the game, or to civilization, so thats good enough for me.

Again, WE DON'T KNOW what happened. Everyone here has made mistakes, and hopefully all of us have been lukcy enough not to have them result in the death of a close friend and teammate.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

He deserves to be forgiven but at one condition. he has to takes his life in his hands and act more responsibly. But at least when the accident happened, his alcool level was not over the legal amount. But for now, his life will be scared forever and he worked all year to get back to play hockey and he will probably win the perserverence thophy at the end of the season.

Heatley isn't talking to the press about what happened; one for legal reasons, two because he doesn't have to and shouldn't! This guy does not deserve to be berated because of the auto accident. Snyder's family has spoken with him, the prosecutor has spoken with him, and neithe rof them seem to want to keep him from returning to the game, or to civilization, so thats good enough for me.

I have a right as a sports fan to cheer and jeer those whom I feel deserving. I do believe in second chances for people who make dumb mistakes, but if he weren't an athlete, he'd be in jail right now.

Yes, it was an ACCIDENT. Accidents happen. But accidents can be prevented be driving responsibly. Wasn't Heatley's reckless speed and driving proven already? I don't have to approve nor accept his return to the league. Just like I don't have to accept Jason Kidd, David Justice and Wil Cordero, all charged as wife-beaters. It doesn't matter if their families accept them back, the fact is, they committed heinous acts, and their characters are scarred permanently.

I'm not high and mighty. I'm a realist. There needs to be stonger role model support for a lot of these (mostly younger) athletes playing pro. All this money and attention has clouded their minds, and they feel invincible when it comes to the law and responsible behavior. And there are lawyers out there trying to prove this true.

Maybe I'd feel different if Heatley was the passenger and Snyder was driving. I don't know. The bottom line is someone is out there playing who shouldn't be. And someone who should be, will never play at all.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

He's been Sappy, and the ATL fans and other retardos around the country have made excuses and hid their heads in the sand because they like what Heatley does on the ice. It happens all the time, wether it be Jason Kidd smacking his wife, or Ray Lewis murdering someone, people who are fans like to forget because it screws with the image they have built of the athlete in their mind.

If Not for Heatley, Dan Snyder would be alive today. That's a simple fact. Heatley killed Dan Snyder. Don't forget it.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

If Not for Heatley, Dan Snyder would be alive today. That's a simple fact.

How can you say that? You don't know at all if he would be. He could have been hit by a bus or committed suicide by now. You can't say someone would still be alive. So it really is not a "fact" at all.

JQK's right... it may have been an accident but if he had been acting responsible then it would never have happened, Dany comes back to play 4 months later, and Mr. Snyder (who struggled to make it to an NHL club, and this year finally cracked through) is gone forever.

You have to wonder if Snyder was driving and Heatley was killed, Snyder would probably be locked up for 15 years right now.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

If Not for Heatley, Dan Snyder would be alive today. That's a simple fact.

How can you say that? You don't know at all if he would be. He could have been hit by a bus or committed suicide by now. You can't say someone would still be alive. So it really is not a "fact" at all.

So i guess what your saying is that it's good Snyder was offed, so he didn't get hit by a bus, or commited suicide. It was luckey he died when he did. Dan Heatley did Dan Snyder a favor by depressing his skull into his brain....

Your right, we don't know for a "fact" what would have happened to Dan Snyder if Heatley drove normal and nothing happened. But damn Healtey to hell for not giving Snyder the chance to find out what would have happened in his life.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Thats insane, and I'm chosing to attribute it to the fact that you like to be polarizing. Mistake, JQK. I guess your perfect self never did sheet that was irresponsible. B S. Sure, no one ever died on your watch, but why is that? Because you were lucky.

It was traffic accident. They happen. Thousands every day. Heatley made a mistake. Simple and plain. It cost a man his life. No need to write him off as a human, or you are no worse than you think Heatley is.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I'm always in favor of second, third, and whatever chances. It was a mistake. Heatley should get a consequence for the law(s) he broke, but in my mind, none of them have something to do with killing a human. That was unfortunate.

As for the game, Heatley was good, but not great. The Blues got robbed by the refs.

Well the problem I have is they are forgetting he did make a mistake and treating him like he was a victime himself. It was an accident, and he deserves a second chance, but he does not deserve all this sympathy.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived