Cincinnati bengals 2004 new uniforms

TruColor

I'm just ready for a whole new look for the Bengales.  I like their current logo but I hate those tiger stripe uniforms.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I hope this isn't true and they just adjust the numerals a little.  These unis were the first in breaking the mold of the basic NFL uniforms.  Sad to see them go.  

BTW, on the Fanhome board, I noticed someone suggested that the Chargers get rid of their "XFL style" bolt.  ROFLMAO  Please.   :P

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I am thinking somne added accents or a change to the trimming on the collar or something like that, nothing earth shattering.

And I did find the tone of the discussion they were having on this fairly lame to be honest!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Honestly, the only thing that I would change would be matching their numerals to the wordmark's typeface. It wouldn't be that different, but IMO, their white jerseys are some of the best in the league.

Ironically, I'm currently working with a graphic designer and some fellow alumni from my high school on a project which will update our alma mater's athletic identity package. We're the Tigers, and one of the things that we're thinking of doing is adding a bit of Silver to the current Black/Orange/White color scheme. The reason is that the community is often referred to as "The Silver City".

Brian in Boston

Pantone, when I saw the link highlighted in your post, I thought you has a pic of them. When I saw fanhome, i was overcome by a hot-panicy feeling, like i was cheating on creamer boards.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

We've been discussing this for two days over on the lame-o FanHome board:

They still have a board?  :D

I don't really get why the FanHome board has to be bashed.  Do we have a bunch of elitists here or what?  I'd like to believe both communities can co-exist without anyone feeling "dirty" for having visited one versus the other ...

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I tend to think that the Bengals could use a slight modification to what they have.  When they went to having the leaping bengal on the sleeves, that led to having what I felt was "too much" on one uniform.  TV numbers, bengal print shoulder stripes, AND a logo?  That doesn't strike anyone as busy?

Here's what I'd like to see happen: removing either the shoulder stripes or the logo from the current look (guess you can't remove the TV numbers), going to something different from your standard-issue block number font, to something else, so long as it doesn't look like the Titans or the Falcons' numbers, and no silver, although that seems inevitable.  We saw what happened when the Flyers forced silver into their orange & black scheme with their alternates.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I think the Bengals will keep their helmets just as they are.

The shoulder stripes will go. I think they're tacky. So they'll have classic black and white jerseys with simple striping. Perhaps that tiger stripe design maybe an inch up the sleeve.

I also predict unique new numbers with black and orange double outlines on the home unis and white and orange on the road unis.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

I think adding orange pants to the unis would look good, and keep the black pants as an alternate. Maybe an orange alternate jersey would look cool.

Orange pants???? OH my god good please no!! I would prefer an orange jersey and black pants. But I my preference is for fairly minor changes just to keep a great uni looking sharp.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I'm guessing the helmet stays put, they change the font for the numbers and add a silver drop shadow and perhaps a silver outline for the sleeve logos.  Orange black and silver can work together on a football uniform - the USFL's Houston Gamblers had great looking uniforms (although that orange skewed closer to red), but they had black helmets and I don't see the Bengals going in that direction.  For some strange reason, I have confidence they won't bungle this.

Archived