While I was watching Outside the Lines

chriscj83

They were showing scenes from the Ravens/49ers game in San Francisco and while Coach Billick (oops) was addressing his team in the locker room, there was a board in the background with opposing teams' helmet decals on it. It had, from what I saw, basically every team that may have played there, [ I caught Oilers, Vikings (new and old horns), Eagles wings Browns' stripe, to name a few].

Just thought it was kind of interesting, and wondering if this happens a lot around the league/if this is something the 9ers like to do or if there's any story behind it at all, I guess..

qvAvG.jpg

They were showing scenes from the Ravens/49ers game in San Francisco and while Coach BILLICK was addressing his team in the locker room, there was a board in the background with opposing teams' helmet decals on it. It had, from what I saw, basically every team that may have played there, [ I caught Oilers, Vikings (new and old horns), Eagles wings Browns' stripe, to name a few].

Just thought it was kind of interesting, and wondering if this happens a lot around the league/if this is something the 9ers like to do or if there's any story behind it at all, I guess..

Fixed that for you. :P

As for the decals, I have no idea, but it is an interesting question.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

They were showing scenes from the Ravens/49ers game in San Francisco and while Coach BILLICK was addressing his team in the locker room, there was a board in the background with opposing teams' helmet decals on it. It had, from what I saw, basically every team that may have played there, [ I caught Oilers, Vikings (new and old horns), Eagles wings Browns' stripe, to name a few].

Obviously you're not a football fan. Otherwise, you'd know the Belichick has coached up the Patriots all they need, and is now giving freelance inspirational addresses to other teams around the league.

Obviously you're not a football fan. Otherwise, you'd know the Belichick has coached up the Patriots all they need, and is now giving freelance inspirational addresses to other teams around the league in his ratty hooded sweatshirt.

There, I fixed that for you.

:P

Obviously you're not a football fan. Otherwise, you'd know the Belichick has coached up the Patriots all they need, and is now giving freelance inspirational addresses to other teams around the league in a decent looking Patriots polo.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Obviously you're not a football fan. Otherwise, you'd know the Belichick has coached up the Patriots all they need, and is now giving freelance inspirational addresses to other teams around the league in a decent looking Patriots polo.

HA!

since when?

They were showing scenes from the Ravens/49ers game in San Francisco and while Coach Billick (oops) was addressing his team in the locker room, there was a board in the background with opposing teams' helmet decals on it. It had, from what I saw, basically every team that may have played there, [ I caught Oilers, Vikings (new and old horns), Eagles wings Browns' stripe, to name a few].

I saw that too and immediately wondered how long it would be before someone posted about it.

I guess I have my answer.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I saw that too and immediately wondered how long it would be before someone posted about it.

I guess I have my answer.

Yeah. I was gonna tivo it, but my fingers didn't answer the brain correctly(like in my first post :D ) and I ended up changing the channel. I'm a fool.

When I was walking to my computer, I was almost certain that this would have already been posted, this board is all over logos like a cheap suit.

qvAvG.jpg

When the Redskins were at RFK, they had all the teams helmets on the wall, but they were somehow turned into clocks.

HA!

since when?

Since Sunday.

capt.fc37a98ba225494c97e2bee89301e5a3.patriots_cowboys_football_irv126.jpg

When I was an intern with the Raiders our first pre-season game was in San Francisco. I remember seeing the decals and thinking that it was pretty cool, I should have taken a pciture. The "board" you are refering to is actually a closet. Looking at some of the logos, it has been going on for a long time. I'm not 100% sure, but I think there was an Oilers logo and I do remember the original Bucs logo being on there. It was probably started by the equipment manager of one team leaving his "mark" and the rest soon followed. The only other stadiums I saw that year were Arizona's Sun Devil Stadium and Oakland's. Neither of which had the logos in their lockerroom.

"Roll Along"

On a recent trip to San Francisco, I went on the AT&T Park tour. This is the visitors' locker room and similar to what you described with the helmet decals, they have visiting teams' jerseys. Note also the All-Star jerseys at right and the schedule board at lower right.

Look also below the jerseys. Those appear to be locker name plates, some of them players I know (Steve Carlton, Steve Garvey) and some I don't. Why those specific players are up I have no idea but it's interesting.

IMG_2676.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

HA!

since when?

Since Sunday.

capt.fc37a98ba225494c97e2bee89301e5a3.patriots_cowboys_football_irv126.jpg

:blink:

Wonder if his hooded game shirts were dirty.

On a recent trip to San Francisco, I went on the AT&T Park tour. This is the visitors' locker room and similar to what you described with the helmet decals, they have visiting teams' jerseys. Note also the All-Star jerseys at right and the schedule board at lower right.

Look also below the jerseys. Those appear to be locker name plates, some of them players I know (Steve Carlton, Steve Garvey) and some I don't. Why those specific players are up I have no idea but it's interesting.

IMG_2676.jpg

Bevacqua alert!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wonder if his hooded game shirts were dirty.

Aren't they always?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived