Wichita Wingnuts

apeman33

I know they are insisting on rage, anger and intimidation in their represenatation of wingnuts, but, really, wouldn't it have been brilliant had they used a simple illustration of said nut as their logo instead?

wingnut.jpg

That on a T-shirt would be a huge seller, I swear.

36.jpg

Oddly, I like this.

I do like this version, which has just the top of the head. If you go to the website, you'll also see the "full face" logo. For some reason, with the "wings" of the nut where they are, I get this "PO'd dog" vibe.

Could just be me. But a cap purchase is definitely in my future depending on how it looks (Partial head logo, yes; full head logo, maybe not).

I don't mind the name, though - creatively - it's always going to seem like a knock-off of the Lansing Lugnuts' identity.

As for the logo, I love the fact that baseball stitches form the eyebrows. I'm a bit perplexed as to why the creature's face resembles that of a canine. That bothers me.

The uniforms strike me as being rather nice.

a_wichitawingnuts-small.gifa_WichitaWingnuts_.gif

Reminds me of the "Johnny Darko rabbit" (a movie) - kinda strange logo. I guess if we can have "lugnuts" we can have wingnuts.

Can't say I like the logo - a pycho baseball with rabbit ears or it's nut on top of it's head. It just don't jive with me.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

The logos are nice, but they are almost an exact rip off of the Detroit Red Wings foam hat. They used to be really popular around the Joe (I don't know if they are as big now). The hat looked exactly like the logo, only the hat was red and said "I'm a Wing-Nut!" across the front. I couldn't find any pics, but someone has to remember those hats....

The W's not so bad, and the word mark looks cool, but the baseball-face-canine-rabbit thing Wangs Chung. That's nasty.

My first thought when I saw ol' half-face up there was it looked like a psycho in what reminded me of a Micky Mouse ears hat. D'oh!

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

the name is ok

i do not like the logo on the jersey though

its to hig and in the wrong spot

if they want the logo on the jesey put the whole baseball logo where the number is

i think it looks like mickey mouse

and is that a nike swoosh on the "W"

Archived