The NEW Tampa Bay "Rays"

gingerbreadmann

I was staring at the new Rays logo, and thinking about how much it sucks. So, I fired up MS Paint, found a good(aka not Times New Roman) font on daFont ,and voila... a logo just as good as it:

raysconcept.png

Before you tell me that it sucks, I know. it's not tidy or clean or professional or a vector... but that's because I did it in Paint. I mean, with a bit of cleaning up, and maybe angling the "rays" and adjusting the colors, circle, and "Tampa Bay" font, don't you think it could look as good as the new Rays logo. I am just proving that the Rays wasted their money on the most boring and ugly new logo ever, and should have been able to come up with something just as good if not better.

Here's the new logo for comparison:

Drayslogo.PNG

Oh, C and C welcome(what does that even stand for?)

Thanks for looking.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my gosh!! Those are absolutely terrible! I have this thing, like Logo and Uniform OCD, and I see that and my kidneys shrink. I'm 15 and I think my hair is thinning out since I saw those! Ugghhhh! You know whats funny though is when I see Carl Crawford's face in that pic, it's like he's saying, "Hey. I'm Carl Crawford, all-star for the Tampa Bay Rays. This pile of crap I'm wearing sucks. It smells like beef and cheese. These suck."

Yeah you get my point. Every time I watch a pointless Tampa Bay game that for some reason makes it to my FOX channel here in Utah, I'll puke up my spleen then take some Nyquil to knock me out.

You guys know how vocal I am about terrible uniforms and logos, especially the Anaheim Ducks (they were once MY Mighty Ducks, then ditched the sentimental Duck Mask for the outhouse spilling mess that is thier new identity. Uhhh), so I apologize in advance but this is my new kryptonite. Along with the Ducks.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

my gosh!! Those are absolutely terrible! I have this thing, like Logo and Uniform OCD, and I see that and my kidneys shrink. I'm 15 and I think my hair is thinning out since I saw those! Ugghhhh! You know whats funny though is when I see Carl Crawford's face in that pic, it's like he's saying, "Hey. I'm Carl Crawford, all-star for the Tampa Bay Rays. This pile of crap I'm wearing sucks. It smells like beef and cheese. These suck."

Yeah you get my point. Every time I watch a pointless Tampa Bay game that for some reason makes it to my FOX channel here in Utah, I'll puke up my spleen then take some Nyquil to knock me out.

You guys know how vocal I am about terrible uniforms and logos, especially the Anaheim Ducks (they were once MY Mighty Ducks, then ditched the sentimental Duck Mask for the outhouse spilling mess that is thier new identity. Uhhh), so I apologize in advance but this is my new kryptonite. Along with the Ducks.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

I agree that the new logo and unis could've been executed a lot better, but I really like their colors. On your logo, meh. With their actual logo I see it and htink baseball, yours can be anything. If the reason you hate the Rays' new logo is because it's so simple, yours is twice as simple. No offense, but that font you have for Rays is pretty boring, and the TAMPA and BAY seem like outliers to the whole logo. The O does'nt have much of a purpose, and maybe if you incorporated a baseball diamond (though I think that's pretty cliche) it'd look a bit better and more basebally (not a word haha).

Keep at it.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

The only thing that sucks about the Rays new look is that baseball/sun. The rays are poorly executed. As far as the logo and the uniforms, what's bad about them if you want to call it bad, is that they look like a 1990's expansion team. Oh wait, they are. Did they improve themselves with the look? No. Did they do worse? No. I personally think they stayed on the same level. As far as ginger's logo, um... not so much. Don't do things half-hearted. Just because you have paint, doesn't excuse you for putting out a half-hearted effort. Is your logo on par or better than the Rays? A solid no. It's just sloppy, and no matter how bad one thinks another logo is, if you put out a sloppy logo, it will always look worse.

Drayslogo.PNG

b5e812819901da81cba92a686c282787.200.jpg

I can't be the only one who sees it.......

Oh wow, i didn't realize that. They are actually really similar. :blink:

What is the padres logo supposed to be anyways? Waves? What does that have to do with priests?

espnsignq8.png

I can see the slight similarities between the Rays and Padres , but San Diego nailed there logo and executed it perfectly while Tanpa has not ...

I like this new Design idea alot better than than there old name and logo sets , But is it just me or should there not be some sort of sun instead of that small flash like thing ???

Its like they should be called Tampa Flash , If they had played around with this idea and added some sort of sun and played with a new font this could be great ...

A huge improvment , but it could have been more

I was staring at the new Rays logo, and thinking about how much it sucks. So, I fired up MS Paint, found a good(aka not Times New Roman) font on daFont ,and voila... a logo just as good as it:

raysconcept.png

Before you tell me that it sucks, I know. it's not tidy or clean or professional or a vector... but that's because I did it in Paint. I mean, with a bit of cleaning up, and maybe angling the "rays" and adjusting the colors, circle, and "Tampa Bay" font, don't you think it could look as good as the new Rays logo. I am just proving that the Rays wasted their money on the most boring and ugly new logo ever, and should have been able to come up with something just as good if not better.

Drayslogo.PNG

Oh, C and C welcome(what does that even stand for?0

Thanks for looking.

What was that font you used for the logo you made?

raysconcept.png

Drayslogo.PNG

Oh, C and C welcome(what does that even stand for?0

Thanks for looking.

What was that font you used for the logo you made?

The "Rays" was Marcelle from Dafont.com, and the "Tampa Bay" was Hattenschweiler.

I agree that the new logo and unis could've been executed a lot better, but I really like their colors. On your logo, meh. With their actual logo I see it and htink baseball, yours can be anything. If the reason you hate the Rays' new logo is because it's so simple, yours is twice as simple. No offense, but that font you have for Rays is pretty boring, and the TAMPA and BAY seem like outliers to the whole logo. The O does'nt have much of a purpose, and maybe if you incorporated a baseball diamond (though I think that's pretty cliche) it'd look a bit better and more basebally (not a word haha).

Keep at it.

You're right. I know their logo is better than mine. The whole reason I did this was to prove a point that mine wasn't that much worse considering I spent only 10 minutes on it in MS Paint.

Drayslogo.PNG

Those are pretty similar. I never noticed that. But doesn't that show how boring the Rays logo is? It's just solid color lines and Times New Roman(or something very similar), while the Padres have more colors, waves, and fancy lettering that shows they put a lot more effort in than the rays.

The only thing that sucks about the Rays new look is that baseball/sun. The rays are poorly executed. As far as the logo and the uniforms, what's bad about them if you want to call it bad, is that they look like a 1990's expansion team. Oh wait, they are. Did they improve themselves with the look? No. Did they do worse? No. I personally think they stayed on the same level. As far as ginger's logo, um... not so much. Don't do things half-hearted. Just because you have paint, doesn't excuse you for putting out a half-hearted effort. Is your logo on par or better than the Rays? A solid no. It's just sloppy, and no matter how bad one thinks another logo is, if you put out a sloppy logo, it will always look worse.

I agree with you almost 100% I think they did downgrade, from at least unique to plain, cliche and boring.

As for my logo, I do agree. That's what I said in the beginning, isn't it? It pretty much is. However, I do agree with that point, so later today(I'm busy now) I will re-do it and spend some more time on it, in Paint or GIMP. We'll see how it turns, out, then compare them. OK?

Everyone, thanks a lot for all the feedback. I appreciate it. Check back tonight. :)

Drayslogo.PNG

Oh wow, i didn't realize that. They are actually really similar. :blink:

What is the padres logo supposed to be anyways? Waves? What does that have to do with priests?

it has more to do with the beach and surf culture in San Diego than with priests. The colors, blue and sand are also beach themed.

14ilxq9.png

well, I did it. I just made another logo. It took me about an hour and I did it in GIMP. I even used some of their new colors. I hope this looks more professional. Enjoy!

http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee293/g...aysconcept2.png

C and C for this one? Thanks for looking!

EDIT: it cut off the bottom so I just linked.

I heard that they were dropping the "devils" part but I didn't know that they now have these HORRID logos...or just really boring logos cause they are not actaully bad (bad would be the buffaslug) Oh and the new jerseys are on their new website:

http://tampabay.rays.mlb.com

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I heard that they were dropping the "devils" part but I didn't know that they now have these HORRID logos...or just really boring logos cause they are not actaully bad (bad would be the buffaslug)

Actually, Josh, there's something worse out there. Bad would be that bowl of crap soup that the Ducks wear. I'm vocal about that darn plate of hurl that Anahiem sports. Anyway, gingerbreadmann, I think your second logo looks alright. I think some tweaks and cleanups here and it would actually be pretty good.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

Archived