UCLA Jerseys

Don

I was flipping back and forth from the MNF game to the UCLA basketball game and i saw something odd. the C on the UCLA jersey is yellow. is there a reason, have they done it before, whats the deal? anyone know?

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

UCLA is the first institution to win 100 NCAA titles, thus, they have put on a gold "C" with uniforms which have UCLA on them. Straight forward, "C" is roman numeral for 100.

Women's volleyball has had the "C" all year. Please use capitals with your sentences too.

Congratulations to UCLA on 100 titles, but the "C" thing is a joke. Actually this first to 100 titles thing is a joke. Not that the players who won each championship is a joke, but that UCLA is making a big deal out of it. Really, does anyone except for your SID care? Has anyone really except for UCLA sat there and counted how many championships it's one all together? And really what does that prove? Your big two sports are football and basketball and your last basketball title was in 1995 and your last football title was in... NEVER! Nothing against the softball, soccer, and other smaller sports teams, but they don't matter and you're really living off the Wooden years still. Go thump your chest and look up at Wooden's titles in Pauly and fire your pathetic football coach and get some real quarterbacks!

Congratulations to UCLA on 100 titles, but the "C" thing is a joke. Actually this first to 100 titles thing is a joke. Not that the players who won each championship is a joke, but that UCLA is making a big deal out of it. Really, does anyone except for your SID care? Has anyone really except for UCLA sat there and counted how many championships it's one all together? And really what does that prove? Your big two sports are football and basketball and your last basketball title was in 1995 and your last football title was in... NEVER! Nothing against the softball, soccer, and other smaller sports teams, but they don't matter and you're really living off the Wooden years still. Go thump your chest and look up at Wooden's titles in Pauly and fire your pathetic football coach and get some real quarterbacks!

ehh, the Helms Foundation credits the football team with winning the 1954 Nat'l title, though I think Tennessee has a beef with that...

for what it's worth, they also inversed the coloring on the endzones at the Rose Bowl for the football team - I noticed it last Saturday when the Bruins played Arizona State. The endzones usually have UCLA in gold, but the C was in blue - gotta be for the same reason.

harperdc.gif

So the C is because it means 100. Nice. I actually didn't know that (and was too lazy to read the other thread).

I thought it meant "Champions" or something.

And as for who cares?

I care. Tons of people care. 100 championships is a huge accomplishment. I'm not even sure who is closest, but when you look at the number of schools who have NEVER won a championship then it looks even better.

thanks. I prolly coulda looked that up myself. I just saw it and knew I could count on you guys for good info.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

So the C is because it means 100. Nice. I actually didn't know that (and was too lazy to read the other thread).

I thought it meant "Champions" or something.

And as for who cares?

I care. Tons of people care. 100 championships is a huge accomplishment. I'm not even sure who is closest, but when you look at the number of schools who have NEVER won a championship then it looks even better.

Archived