Celtics Kicked Ass!

gingerbreadmann

:lol: Seriously, the Celtics, Patriots, Red Sox... I don't follow hockey. How are the Bruins doing?

And it's okay if Nate Robinson makes a half court shot. If it were an uncontested dunk, he would have had to take 14 attempts before he made one.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol: Seriously, the Celtics, Patriots, Red Sox... I don't follow hockey. How are the Bruins doing?

6th in the conference. They could have moved up a few spots today, but they lost to Tampa Bay.

They're flying under the radar, but I'm sure if the Bruins were 26-0-0 the local media would still rather talk about that Daisuke Matsuzaka had a hang nail.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this back, but I forgot about this topic and it seems like I've been taking some heat.

Like I said in the intro, I was ecstatic over the blowout. It's just a pet peeve seeing potential records come up just short. It's just, there was a one in a million chance of him making that shot, and since it was at the very end, it left a slightly bad taste. Other than that, it wa the most awesome and fun time I've had watching the Celtics in my ENTIRE LIFE(seriously, 19-game losing streak last year... O.O)

koizim, patsox(!)(you of all people?! and I do have a grip!)and you other haters, we ARE MOST CERTAINLY long suffering. I've suffered my entire life watching every one of my teams suck ass, and hearing haters like all of you give us **** for it. Now, it's our time, and you guys give us **** for being whiney and just because we're winning so much. Just let us enjoy it while it lasts, because before you'll know it, we'll suck again and you'll give us **** for it again... I realize that we'll never be liked in the sports world, but let us enjoy it for now... (yeah, like that will happen... :))

I'm not sure how young you are... but LONG SUFFERING? Yes...the Celtics have struggled recently. You mentioned "Every one of my teams"...

But, c'mon now:

The Pats have 3 recent Super Bowl Championships

Red Sox have 2 recent World Series Championships... and are the CURRENT Champions

The Celtics history of 16 Championships (including an amazing 8 in a ROW) is incredible. The 80s era of Bird, McHale, DJ and Parish was incredible as well.

So, whatareyoubitchinabout again...??

I'm not sure how young you are... but LONG SUFFERING? Yes...the Celtics have struggled recently. You mentioned "Every one of my teams"...

But, c'mon now:

The Pats have 3 recent Super Bowl Championships

Red Sox have 2 recent World Series Championships... and are the CURRENT Champions

The Celtics history of 16 Championships (including an amazing 8 in a ROW) is incredible. The 80s era of Bird, McHale, DJ and Parish was incredible as well.

So, whatareyoubitchinabout again...??

Calm down, spaz.

He's referring to the drought leading into 2001. The Celtics have been dealing with futility in the last twenty years, so there's your reasoning on that one. Before the Patriots won their first Super Bowl, they were insignificant. The Red Sox...I don't have to explain. The Bruins haven't won a cup since 1972.

There's your answer.

I'm still calling bull.

Come to Philadelphia and tell us that you're "long suffering".

... come to Cleveland and tell them you're "long suffering" :upside:

Before 2001, kids. Before 2001. Since then, you have a point. Before then, no.

who gives a :censored: about 2001? That was sooooo.... um...... 2001 ^_^ (oh, and it should be before 2002 anyways)

I saw, I came, I left.

I'm still calling bull.

Come to Philadelphia and tell us that you're "long suffering".

... come to Cleveland and tell them you're "long suffering" :upside:

Before 2001, kids. Before 2001. Since then, you have a point. Before then, no.

who gives a :censored: about 2001? That was sooooo.... um...... 2001 ^_^ (oh, and it should be before 2002 anyways)

Exactly. The Boston region has been showered with championships and high performance in the past five years. It seems kind of trite that you want the right to celebrate those championships while also complaining about your suffering beforehand. Which do you want more? The whining, or the gloating? I think it's fair for the rest of us that you just choose one.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

No, he was refering to "[his] entire life watching every one of [his] teams suck" as I read it. I guess I missed the "Pre 2001" statement that wasn't there.

Regardless, Based on that weak explaination:

Bulls fans are now Long Suffering

Lakers fans are now Long Suffering

Cowboys fans are now Long Suffering

49ers Fans are now Long Suffering

No, he was refering to "[his] entire life watching every one of [his] teams suck" as I read it. I guess I missed the "Pre 2001" statement that wasn't there.

Regardless, Based on that weak explaination:

Bulls fans are now Long Suffering

Lakers fans are now Long Suffering

Cowboys fans are now Long Suffering

49ers Fans are now Long Suffering

Pshh us Habs fans our long suffering. We haven't won a cup since 93 for christ sakes! :rolleyes:

1zqy8ok.gif

Yes, I was referring to pre-2001. Yes, It has been great since then, but not a chance before. No, I'm not old enough to have seen the Celtics' run, but anytime from 1986-2002(for the Pats, only; the Sox, 2004) they SUCKED. EVERY ONE. You tell me that Boston was a fraction of what it is today back then, and you're completely wrong. Yes, clevelanf and Philly, you guys have suffered too. I'm not denying that. (Especially Clevend. But your teams are on the rise now.) And many of you are referring to specific teams.

For the record, I'm not "whining" about the pre-2002 era. I'm just explaining to you all that it DID in fact exist. I'm overjoyed at these last five years, and I don't mean to gloat. Unwind has been making my point too. I wasn't alive in 1972, the Pats were the laughingstock of the league until 2003, really, the Red Sox... well, you know, and the Celtics... well, they were another WORLD of bad until this year. These last few years, though, have been great. And I know they won't last long(enough, at least). That's all I'm trying to say.

Yes, I was referring to pre-2001. Yes, It has been great since then, but not a chance before. No, I'm not old enough to have seen the Celtics' run, but anytime from 1986-2002(for the Pats, only; the Sox, 2004) they SUCKED. EVERY ONE. You tell me that Boston was a fraction of what it is today back then, and you're completely wrong. Yes, clevelanf and Philly, you guys have suffered too. I'm not denying that. (Especially Clevend. But your teams are on the rise now.) And many of you are referring to specific teams.

For the record, I'm not "whining" about the pre-2002 era. I'm just explaining to you all that it DID in fact exist. I'm overjoyed at these last five years, and I don't mean to gloat. Unwind has been making my point too. I wasn't alive in 1972, the Pats were the laughingstock of the league until 2003, really, the Red Sox... well, you know, and the Celtics... well, they were another WORLD of bad until this year. These last few years, though, have been great. And I know they won't last long(enough, at least). That's all I'm trying to say.

Somewhat of laughing stock, but at least the Pats went to two Super Bowls before 2002. Try being a Cardinals fan during that time, or in the last 70 years for that matter....

I saw, I came, I left.

Or just have a sense of propriety and simply not complain about your awesome teams being bad in the past. I don't even understand the logic there. I think that, deep down, Boston fans were more comfortable being losers than winners. That's the only thing that makes sense, considering how frequently Boston fans like to reference the "good" ol' days.

For the record, my teams are mostly in Western New York -- the Sabres, Bills, and Syracuse football and basketball. We had the four Super Bowls, a couple of Final Four losses for the Orange, and some Stanley Cup Finals disappointments for the Sabres. But you know what? We also had Carmelo Anthony and 2003. I remember how awesome that felt, if for no other reason than I never thought Syracuse basketball would win a championship. However, they did, and as a sports fan, I don't feel like I can possibly complain about the lack of success for my teams for the next ten years. That's how great 2003 was.

Why Boston fans feel the need to continually remind us -- in the face of FIVE recent championships -- that their teams were once no good is so far beyond me. Really, can you please just stop?

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Or just have a sense of propriety and simply not complain about your awesome teams being bad in the past. I don't even understand the logic there. I think that, deep down, Boston fans were more comfortable being losers than winners. That's the only thing that makes sense, considering how frequently Boston fans like to reference the "good" ol' days.

For the record, my teams are mostly in Western New York -- the Sabres, Bills, and Syracuse football and basketball. We had the four Super Bowls, a couple of Final Four losses for the Orange, and some Stanley Cup Finals disappointments for the Sabres. But you know what? We also had Carmelo Anthony and 2003. I remember how awesome that felt, if for no other reason than I never thought Syracuse basketball would win a championship. However, they did, and as a sports fan, I don't feel like I can possibly complain about the lack of success for my teams for the next ten years. That's how great 2003 was.

Why Boston fans feel the need to continually remind us -- in the face of FIVE recent championships -- that their teams were once no good is so far beyond me. Really, can you please just stop?

I wasn't reminding you; other people put words in my mouth because of what I said. I apologize, but I'm not reminding anyone of how bad we were. I'm responding to other people who are accusing me and Boston fans of bitching and ****.

To be honest man, in the process of trying to discourage complaining from other people, you're doing a whole lot of complaining yourself.

To be honest man, in the process of trying to discourage complaining from other people, you're doing a whole lot of complaining yourself.

No, not "other people," just Boston fans. We all have our crosses to bear, and this is the one I've chosen for myself.

Archived