Dallas Cowboys Concept

LMU

Seeing the Cowboys in their throwbacks last night made it clear to me that with all the discussion about the complete mismatch of the silvers that are used in their color scheme, perhaps the answer is to just get rid of all of them. The throwbacks are as close to perfection as you can get for the 'boys, so I decided to tweak them slightly to make a more acceptable permanent look.

Changes from throwback look (Version 1):

-replaced single star with double star logo

-changed facemask color from gray to navy

-used double outline for all numbers

-added double outlined wordmark

-made white jersey based on navy one

CowboysUpdate.png

Version 2: Version 1 with silver included on pants, helmets, and number/shoulder logos/wordmark trim

Version 3: Current set with standardized colors and trim/logos

VmWIn6B.png

I've never been a fan of the white yoke look with the star on the shoulder. It was alright once or twice a year considering it was a throwback, but it seems like a step backwards to go with this in my opinion. I think they would be better off with a white jersey based on the current blue jersey.

It needs a few more stars. Maybe use the "Little Giants" pants?

little_giants.jpg

But seriously, I just think straight blue and white is just too blah, and personally I've never liked double-outlined numbers. What they have now works. Why change it?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

It's quality work. However, I really do not like this look for football teams. (Two-tone jerseys work for hockey, not so much for football.) And I really, really do not like this look for the Cowboys. The silver (whether it's the silver blue helmet, the silver green home pants, or the silver road pants) is essential to the Cowboys' look. In fact, I would argue that the silver is more representative of the Cowboys than the blue is. Navy and white takes no imagination at all.

Packers-2.png

I myself, still prefer the first set, but the other two look awesome as well. Though, the silver Helmet and pants kind of look awkward with Navy/White only jerseys that lack in silver. The third set would probably be a better compromise or cleaning-up/standardization of the current set. If one were to actually be used, they'd probably go with that one.

Great work all around.

Archived