Durham Bulls Specialty License Plates

RollWolfpack

I'm sure you guys are going to also tell me that they still make big yellow roadsigns in the clink too.

Actually I know in Maryland, Maryland Correctional Enterprises as it is called, makes a whole bunch of stuff. Although it isn't listed they also make the license plates and I do think they make the signage as well.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

The process begins at The North Carolina Correctional Institution for Women

Wow. I didn't realize they still made license plates at the Big House - always presumed that was some relic of black and white movies.

I guess all the Minnesota license plates are made here in St Cloud's pen.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Wow. I didn't realize they still made license plates at the Big House - always presumed that was some relic of black and white movies.

Yep... here in NC the Department of Corrections does a lot of things you wouldn't think would be the case. They also are the folks who answer the phones when you call about tourism in the state, for example. Pretty ironic considering that they only get to see a relatively limited part of the state themselves... :rolleyes:

nav-logo.png

neat article.

"The bulk of their work is making highway signs, but a corner of the building is used for screen printing artwork on the specialty plates"

i need to tell ol Ray or Rufus my Panthers plate was printed out of register... and for what we have to pay for these personal tags... nitwits!

see all our fine plates here: https://edmv-sp.dot.state.nc.us/sp/SpecialPlatesPortal.html (click Special Plate Viewer)

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Yep... here in NC the Department of Corrections does a lot of things you wouldn't think would be the case. They also are the folks who answer the phones when you call about tourism in the state, for example. Pretty ironic considering that they only get to see a relatively limited part of the state themselves... :rolleyes:

That's ironic, but what's disturbing is the catalogue call centers which are staffed by inmates.

That's right, when you call the 800 number, you might be giving your credit card information (including the super-secret number on the back) to a con.

That's ironic, but what's disturbing is the catalogue call centers which are staffed by inmates.

That's right, when you call the 800 number, you might be giving your credit card information (including the super-secret number on the back) to a con.

Oddly enough that doesn't bother me that much... the odds that I'd be giving that information to an inmate convicted on credit card fraud-related charges? Gotta be pretty steep.

nav-logo.png

After reading that article, the pic of Rufus and Ray (I think that was their names) holding the Bulls plate absolutely cracked me up for some reason. Each of them have this look of "Yeah, we're just so happy to be here..."

It was Rufus and Ron and anyone else want to take a guess what their in for? Ron looks like he was busted in one of those Online Child Predator stings, and Rufus looks like he is just caught up in the cycle of crime and has been in and out of the pen a few times.

Archived