Celtics/Sixers in throwbacks (12/5/07)

BigEd76

When it's "double" throwback night, why don't they try to match up the years? The Celtics throwbacks remind me of the Cleveland Browns throwbacks...two or three little changes and it's not much different that what you wear now.

KISSwall09.jpg

... but what happens if the Celtics win another NBA title... do they provide a patch you can sew on with the rest of them?

Don't worry, the Suns will heat things up in the playoffs so you don't have to worry about the Celtics.

The could've worn the all white numberless front 1946 jersey, that just had this logo on it..

5862.gif

and it had green shorts.

It is in NBA Live.

:P

I beg to differ with you. The Celtics original 1946-47 uniforms were white T-shirt style with White on Green vertically-arched

"CELTICS" on the front with 6" & 8" White on Kelly numbers. The shorts were White satin-finish with a Green North Carolina-style triangular insert on each side. There was a White shamrock on each insert. I have the team picture but don't have a scanner.

The could've worn the all white numberless front 1946 jersey, that just had this logo on it..

5862.gif

and it had green shorts.

It is in NBA Live.

I beg to differ with you. The Celtics original 1946-47 uniforms were white T-shirt style with White on Green vertically-arched

"CELTICS" on the front with 6" & 8" White on Kelly numbers. The shorts were White satin-finish with a Green North Carolina-style triangular insert on each side. There was a White shamrock on each insert. I have the team picture but don't have a scanner.

Oops, wrong year.

docriversisgay2jw4.png

This jersey and the '62 one are the ONLY jerseys in NBA Live with a satin finish visible. I'm gonna see if someone or myself can just make the shorts satin.

Although Wikpedia cites the Celtics as playing as early as 1946, so I don't KNOW where EA got the 1924 idea from, so since this year seems to be totally incorrect, then the oldest throwback in the game is the Chicago Stags 1946 throwback for the Bulls.

bSLCtu2.png

a00a0bc536b4707f4b65bbbfy9.jpg

Sick!

I want one! That is badass!

Says it all! When some other team wins nine titles in a row, come and talk to me. Til then I don't want to hear about the Lakers or da Bulls!

I put this jacket in the same category as the annoying and obnoxious Yankee jacket with all of their titles on it too.

If you need to walk around and remind people of how many titles your team has won then it says one of two things:

A: Your team hasn't won a title in a while

or

B: Your once great franchise has been the laughing stock of its league for over decade

BTW, if you don't think the Celtics and Bulls shouldn't be considered in the same class of dynasties then you might have a problem understanding the true meaning of 'dynasty'. If Jordan didn't take a year off and then retire after the last set of three titles, they may have won nine or TEN in a row. So before making such a statement, understand the context of what you're talking about. The Bulls completely DOMINATED basketball when basketball was at it's highest level of talent. They probably dominated the NBA in a greater way then the Celtics did in their era when the talent pool wasn't nearly as good.

5862.gif

and it had green shorts.

It is in NBA Live.

bulldog says here's the explanation on the name-

If it's from 1924 then it would have to be the "Original Celtics" who played out of New York City in that era. Back in the '20s and '30s pro basketball wasn't very well organized. The "Original Celtics" have no connection with the Boston Celtics.Boston was reportedly named by the team's publicity director who said to owner Walter Brown, "Since Boston has a lot of Irishmen how about 'Celtics' for the nickname." Brown liked the idea and it was done. Look up "Original Celtics" on Wikipedia. It explains it all.

Oops, wrong year.

docriversisgay2jw4.png

This jersey and the '62 one are the ONLY jerseys in NBA Live with a satin finish visible. I'm gonna see if someone or myself can just make the shorts satin.

Although Wikpedia cites the Celtics as playing as early as 1946, so I don't KNOW where EA got the 1924 idea from, so since this year seems to be totally incorrect, then the oldest throwback in the game is the Chicago Stags 1946 throwback for the Bulls.

Archived