Celtics/Sixers in throwbacks (12/5/07)

BigEd76

What's funny (besides the fact that I hardly watch the NBA) is that the C's shorts were made of the shiny dazzle material, while the jersey was pretty much just flat green. You can somewhat tell the difference in the materials based upon the pics above.

What's funny (besides the fact that I hardly watch the NBA) is that the C's shorts were made of the shiny dazzle material, while the jersey was pretty much just flat green. You can somewhat tell the difference in the materials based upon the pics above.

I can't speak specifically to Boston, or even if it was done deliberately here, but that was how it often looked back in the day: flat jersey, satiny shorts.

Its so nice to see the Sixers look like the Sixers.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I can't speak specifically to Boston, or even if it was done deliberately here, but that was how it often looked back in the day: flat jersey, satiny shorts.

Yep, that was intentional. The Celtics did wear durene jerseys and satin shorts back in the day, as did most basketball teams from say the late 1930s through the 1950s. Sorry I can't post any pics from back in the day - our IT dept. blocks all photo hosting sites and the Celtics don't have any on their website - but there are plenty of photos of Bill Russell in the original uniforms with satin shorts.

Yep, that was intentional. The Celtics did wear durene jerseys and satin shorts back in the day, as did most basketball teams from say the late 1930s through the 1950s. Sorry I can't post any pics from back in the day - our IT dept. blocks all photo hosting sites and the Celtics don't have any on their website - but there are plenty of photos of Bill Russell in the original uniforms with satin shorts.

Who's got your back? :P

33-21659-f-L.jpg

6768PhilaBillRussellWiltChamberlainRebound.jpg

That's a great attention to detail. Good for them!

Archived