Raytown South M.S. 12-0 Football Banner

KCScout76

This is our design for our Undefeated 8th grade football team. I included the name and #'s of the players, in alpha order.

The circle on the corners is where the "rings" will be to hang the banner. I used the logo designed by lich0037.

The athletic policy states that undefeated teams will

have a red banner with white print. One loss teams will have a black banner with white print.

Since an alumni/business does the banners for free - I don't complain. That's why it's so plain.

HERE'S THE EDITED VERSION WITH DAVIDSON'S SUGGESTIONS - thanks all for your input.

C/C are welcome.

12-0SMSFBBanner2007_v4.gif

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

theres not a lot to it is therr?

youve reversed out the logo which always looks wrong.

surely there is nobody called McGhghy?

and crystal poole: i know you wear a load of padding but

surely chicks arent playing yet?

It's for a middle school, and they're getting it for free. I didn't expect it to be too incredibly gaudy. This is nice. Not a fan of Verdana on the font, but it's okay. It's still clean.

And Fraser, chicks are indeed playing, at least on his team.

Good job, Kennedy, and congratulations once again. ^_^

philly.png

I think it looks kind of odd that the players' names are formatted Last, First but the coaches are First Last.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

theres not a lot to it is there? - We get what we get and it's free. Keeping it simple. We are not State Champs, just a middle school, that's why it's so plain.

you've reversed out the logo which always looks wrong. The original was awesome looking, with the black & gray. I had to reverse it out to get it to look nice on a Red Banner. It was important to use the logo that lich0037 created. He took the time and I wanted to use it. In all fairness, it didn't fit on the t-shirt theme but works well on the banner. I appreciate lich0037's time to make me the logo.

The original logo he created is awesome.

surely there is nobody called McGhghy? Pronounced Ma-Gay-Hey. Great kid! His brother played for me six years ago.

Crystal Poole and Suzi Hamilton are two girls on the team. Suzi was our starting Free Safety on the B-Team. She'd knock your lights out. Both girls were wonderful - came to practice everyday and got hit and knocked down but got right back in there. They earned the respect of their team mates. Girls on my team- Yep, that's how we roll here at Raytown South, because I want kids to have fun playing football. That's what is all about. We have even played other schools that have girls on their team.

I have had girls on 7 of my 10 football teams here.

Here is a pix of Suzi

SuziHamiltonweb.jpg

Just so you know - does the press have any other questions? :) God's speed and Happy Holidays.

Xmastree3.gif

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

BringbacktheVet,

You made a good point. I cut and past the roster to the banner, I just noticed that last names are first , I am going to fix that.

The kids wanted their numbers on the banner as well. Do you all think I should put "#" instead of a 'dash'????

I am going to fix the banner so it's first name then last, but keep it alphabetical.

The other banner we have is that way.

Thank your BringbacktheVet - great observation!!!

theres not a lot to it is therr?

youve reversed out the logo which always looks wrong.

surely there is nobody called McGhghy?

and crystal poole: i know you wear a load of padding but

surely chicks arent playing yet?

At that age group, girls and boys can play as equals in most positions. Quarterback, not so much (arm strength issues), but any other position that requires a body to block, run, catch or kick can be played just as effectively by a boy or a girl. For a sport like football, a body is a body.

Once the boys hit puberty, they will grow bigger than the girls. But at this age group, the girls are about the same size, so it really makes no difference.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

For a sport like football, a body is a body.

Once the boys hit puberty, they will grow bigger than the girls. But at this age group, the girls are about the same size, so it really makes no difference.

Slapshot is right on!!! He makes a very good point - it's been my experience that most of my girls do well on the B-Team but would have trouble with the more gifted and larger athletes on our A-Teams. We did have one girl about five years ago, didn't matter, she'd knock your lights out. She played up through her Junior year in High School. When the coaches told her she'd never see the field as a Senior - she moved on to another sport and was very successful.

She played linebacker/wide receiver for the middle school.

BringbacktheVet,

You made a good point. I cut and past the roster to the banner, I just noticed that last names are first , I am going to fix that.

The kids wanted their numbers on the banner as well. Do you all think I should put "#" instead of a 'dash'????

I am going to fix the banner so it's first name then last, but keep it alphabetical.

The other banner we have is that way.

Thank your BringbacktheVet - great observation!!!

If you are going to put the numbers, maybe you should put the team in number order instead of alphabetical. Out of order numbers look weird to me... but that's just me.

One thing I would STRONGLY suggest is justifying the numbers so they line up under eachother. It looks like this was done on the right column starting with Thomas May... look how much nicer the numbers look under him then on the left side where they don't line up.

Finally one last suggestion would be to take away the "AND" in the list of Assistant coaches and Managers. IMO it just looks off visually. And from a writers standpoint (i'm a writer haha) the word "AND" in credits means a different or seperate contribution. Either a special contribution or a minor one. This is like when there's a semi-big star with a small role in a movie and the credits say "blah blah blah AND Robin Williams" If all the managers and Asst coaches are of equal importance then you don't need the "and"

K I'm blabbering on about minor details.. It's really a nice looking banner.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

think i just got told.

although girls dont play against the younger teams for rugby. our school team had a good few 6 foot plus 13/14 year olds. the maori kids grow fast. one guy was 17 stone at 13.

then again, you ladies all wear padding anyway. [smiles to self, waits for heated reaction]

think i just got told

I hope I didn't come off as "telling you so", I just was giving you more info than anyone had - just wanted you to have that info.

I appreciate your input.

I wanted the banner to have the kids in alphabetical order as it will easier to find themselves 20 years down the road when they bring their own kid into the gym and say, "there's daddy's/mommy's name". Kind cool to think about it that way.

Thanks again for your suggestions - you are very helpful.

Here's what I see: The not-so-right-aligned numbers bother me. There's really no typographic hierarchy in the coaches list at the bottom and thus it's very easy to get lost reading that. I think you may be better off going black on red. It wouldn't be any harder to read, really, especially at banner size, and you wouldn't have to deal with the funny-looking reverse-color logo. I'd be happy to lay this out for you and create a nice, printer-friendly file for you to use.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Andrew...I believe the school does Red banners for undefeated so its an established look.

Yeah, I say use some tabs to align the numbers and you'll be fine on this. I also don't know if the "#" is necessary for every number.

And figure out a better layout for the coaches.

Other than that, as far as 1 color Middle School Banners, this looks great. I know I rarely saw banners during my middle school days and even most high school banners look like crap compared to this one.

And davidson...if rugby players hit hard enough they'd need pads ;)

OK the banner was ordered last week, so it will be January before I can get it up and get pix of it hanging up.

I left the "#" sign. It just looked right, the numbers looked "naked" w/o the # sign.

Thanks for everyones help/suggestion. You sure made it look good.

Here are our T-shirts we received today - the kids love them.

Sorry the pix are big, I didn't have time to resize them.

Go Cardinals!!!

12-0Shirts_KJwearing_2007_fullresiz.jpg

12-0Shirts_KJwearing_2007_back.jpg

It was brought to my attention by one of my coaches - does anyone see an ERROR (no, not the scores)???

Dumb me - see if you spot it.

Archived