Saint Louis Football

sc49erfan15

The "Football for Football-less Schools" project hath returned, mainly due to me being done with exams, not having to work, and wanting to do absolutely nothing for a day or two just to give life the finger.

The previous 847 schools are available for viewing (deep breath) here:

Winthrop, Vermont, Creighton, Marquette, Gonzaga, Charlotte, Seton Hall, Wichita State, George Mason, Bradley, UNC-Wilmington, Wisconsin-Milwaukee, South Alabama, Pacific, Bradley, Xavier, Loyola Marymount, St. Joseph's, DePaul, St. John's, Pepperdine, Providence, Alaska-Anchorage, Portland, Charleston, UNC-Asheville, Drexel, Santa Clara,Old Dominion, Long Beach State, Denver, Cal State-Fullerton, UC-Irvine, New Orleans, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, and VCU.

And now, the newest addition, the Billikens of Saint Louis University:

SaintLouisFootball1.png

-It's a Crillee-fest. All their teams use it everywhere, so there really wasn't any question on what font to use on the numbers. I took after the baseball team in their treatment of the sort-of Dallas Cowboy-esque "two color, three layer" outlining.

-No black either, just blue and white - the basketball teams use black as an accent color, but the official colors are blue and white, so I went with that. Looks a lot better to me, anyway.

-Pretty traditional on the whole uniform design, most of the other sports use rather traditional designs, so that's what I went with. Only thing I can notice that's not really legible at this size is that there's the winking Billiken head logo at the V of the neck.

Hit me with some C&C...thanks guys!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

49erfan15

These are awesome - I looked through them all. Wonderful work!!! My favorites were Marquette & Loyola Marymount.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Weird...I was actually wondering if more of these were gonna be made the other day. Alas, you've returned to the concepts board after promoting your DVD. :D

That said, I like these. They're simple and plain (mother :censored: him and John Wayne). At quick glance, the helmet looks like it says "slug"....I'd just have "SLU" or maybe even the Billiken, as opposed to both. Other than that, these are pretty solid. Ah, wait, upon second glance, maybe change up the nameplate font to a simple block. It might just be my personal preference, but I never like italicized, stylized names.

Very glad this has returned for a second time! I've always loved your work, especially on this project. Anyway, I'm not really feeling this one much, sorry. It's just doesn't say SLU to me for some reason. Perhaps it's too simple.

Unlike Shumway I rather like the helmet design, but wouldn't mind seeing how it looks with either the Billiken or Slu on there. Also, the L in SLU gets lost on the pants because of the stripe. I would either have a different style of stripe there (or none at all), or move/take out the SLU logo on the side of the pants. I too am not feeling the italicized names.

I love how you avoided the use of black, unlike the basketball teams. The blue and white only makes these look much more crisp. Love the look of the numbers as well, nice job man.

Just wondering if you plan on doing UMKC anytime soon. I wouldn't mind seeing a Kangaroo football concept ;)

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

About the only thing I'm not sold on with these uniforms is the single pant stripe. If you did a double pant stripe using the same thickness as you used for the single stripe, your uniforms would be perfect. Great job, Shane...

QPR%20Sig.png

Weird...I was actually wondering if more of these were gonna be made the other day. Alas, you've returned to the concepts board after promoting your DVD. :D

That said, I like these. They're simple and plain (mother :censored: him and John Wayne). At quick glance, the helmet looks like it says "slug"....I'd just have "SLU" or maybe even the Billiken, as opposed to both. Other than that, these are pretty solid. Ah, wait, upon second glance, maybe change up the nameplate font to a simple block. It might just be my personal preference, but I never like italicized, stylized names.

1,000 cool points... Shumway

Looks really simple and original for the SLU Billikens (Whatever a Billiken is). I have a request for you, 49er. I know someone that reads this site (but doesn't post) and is interested to see if you could add his team/college: The University of Texas-San Antonio (UTSA) Roadrunners. They preferred to be called UTSA (a la UCLA/UNLV) and their colors are Navy Blue, Orange, and White. They're in the Southland Conference (non-football) and I'm hoping you could draw a concept for the 'Runners. The helmet logo I'd go for is a cursive-like UTSA (a la UCLA) but it's your call. Thanks for your time.

texaslonghornssigvw0.png

loose the slu on the helmet, the head is enough, then you got a winner. not a fan of the font, but i blame that on slu. wondering what color coulld further accent the jersey; red, or the old powder blue.

Now why would he add one of those colors when neither is a school color? That would make it look horrible.

I now agree with you on the helmet though.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I hope you dont mind requests, but I have a school that Ive been dying to see a concept for. The Utah Valley Wolverines. They are currently Utah Valley State College, but "state" and "college" will be dropped for "University" due to is promotion to D-1A. If you have trouble finding any logos at all, give me a holler and I'll see If I can find some. Keep up the awesome work!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Thanks for the comments, guys...

-Shumway, please find more ways to work more Public Enemy quotes into posts.

-As for the requests, I'm definitely interested in doing those. UTSA has been on my list for a while, but I never could find adequate vectors for them. UMKC is a little further down the list, and to be completely honest, Utah Valley would be way down there. Qualifications for the project are obviously "schools without football," but preference goes to schools that 1) are well-known for one reason or another, B) successful at another sport (basketball or baseball, usually) or III) have made the NCAA Tournament in basketball recently.

Basically, if you'd like to see a team done, find me some nice vector logos that I can use and I'll put them near the top of the list.

Alright...changed a few things around, went in a little different direction on the helmet, would appreciate some comments on that in specific, as well as the uniform as a whole.

SaintLouisFootball3.png

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

• 4 weeks later...

Archived