George Mitchell Report

OB33

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the final "list" from the report:

Lenny Dykstra, David Segui, Bigbie, Brian Roberts, Eric Gagne [teammates with Paul LoDuca and LoDuca bought steroids on Gagne?s behalf while together frim 1999 to 2004], Kevin Brown, Mike Lansing, Jack Cust, Mo Vaughn [started juicing in 2001], Tim Laker, Josias Manzanillo, Todd Hundley, Mark Carreon, Hal Morris, Matt Franco, Rondell White, Roger Clemens [speculation is initial usage in 1998], Andy Pettitte [first usage in 2002, after Pettitte went on the disabled list with elbow tendonitis], Kent Mercker, Jerry Hairston, Chuck Knoblauch, Jason Grimsley, Gregg Zaun, David Justice, F.P. Santangelo, Glenallen Hill, Denny Neagle, Ron Villone, Ryan Franklin, Chris Donnels, Todd Williams, Phil Hiatt, Todd Pratt, Kevin Young, Cody McKay, Adam Piatt, Miguel Tejada, Jason Christiansen, Mike Stanton, Stephen Randolph, Jerry Hairston, Jr., Paul LoDuca, Adam Riggs, Bart Miadich, Fernando Vina, Mike Bell, Matt Herges, Gary Bennett, Jr., Jim Parque, Brendan Donnelly, Chad Allen, Jeff Williams, Howie Clark [of A-Rod fame, the ?Hah? incident], Nook Logan, Daniel Naulty, Barry Bonds, Jason Giambi, Gary Bennett, Marvin Bernard, Bobby Estalella, Jeremy Giambi, Benito Santiago, Gary Sheffield, Randy Velarde, Mike Spinelli, Steve Woodward, Gary Matthews Jr., Mark McGwire.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Lenny Dykstra, David Segui, Bigbie, Brian Roberts, Eric Gagne [teammates with Paul LoDuca and LoDuca bought steroids on Gagne?s behalf while together frim 1999 to 2004], Kevin Brown, Mike Lansing, Jack Cust, Mo Vaughn [started juicing in 2001], Tim Laker, Josias Manzanillo, Todd Hundley, Mark Carreon, Hal Morris, Matt Franco, Rondell White, Roger Clemens [speculation is initial usage in 1998], Andy Pettitte [first usage in 2002, after Pettitte went on the disabled list with elbow tendonitis], Kent Mercker, Jerry Hairston, Chuck Knoblauch, Jason Grimsley, Gregg Zaun, David Justice, F.P. Santangelo, Glenallen Hill, Denny Neagle, Ron Villone, Ryan Franklin, Chris Donnels, Todd Williams, Phil Hiatt, Todd Pratt, Kevin Young, Cody McKay, Adam Piatt, Miguel Tejada, Jason Christiansen, Mike Stanton, Stephen Randolph, Jerry Hairston, Jr., Paul LoDuca, Adam Riggs, Bart Miadich, Fernando Vina, Mike Bell, Matt Herges, Gary Bennett, Jr., Jim Parque, Brendan Donnelly, Chad Allen, Jeff Williams, Howie Clark [of A-Rod fame, the ?Hah? incident], Nook Logan, Daniel Naulty, Barry Bonds, Jason Giambi, Gary Bennett, Marvin Bernard, Bobby Estalella, Jeremy Giambi, Benito Santiago, Gary Sheffield, Randy Velarde, Mike Spinelli, Steve Woodward, Gary Matthews Jr., Mark McGwire.

Again, note that not everybody listed there is proven or even listed as probably users of illegal steroids. They're just in some way mentioned in the report.

All I know is, if Clemens gets a pass from this from the media, and Bonds doesn't, then you can't tell me that people haven't been targeting Bonds.

It doesn't sound like that's going to be the case thus far, but we'll see.

It's interesting and sad, because both players pretty much had Hall of Fame careers if they just finished them up the way they were.

All I know is, if Clemens gets a pass from this from the media, and Bonds doesn't, then you can't tell me that people haven't been targeting Bonds.

He (Cl*m*ns) absolutely shouldn't get a pass. And I suspect he won't.

He won't be branded the same way B*nds has, however, simply because (i) Cl*m*ns isn't the a**hole that Bonds is, and (ii) Cl*m*ens didn't lie under oath to a grand jury about his actions.

nav-logo.png

Again, note that not everybody listed there is proven or even listed as probably users of illegal steroids. They're just in some way mentioned in the report.

That much is true. Most of them were just linked to it. I'd say only half of those names were actually users, and some were people who were linked to the usage/purchase of.

All I know is, if the players actually cooperated with Mitchell, we'd see more names.

Oh definitely. Agreed.

You gotta wonder who the martyr for this is going to be. My original hunch was that Selig was going to take the ultimate fall for all this, and that right soon because he was the man at the helm.

However, the more I hear and read, it appears that Fehr could be a sacrificial lamb of the players union. Who knows. The intensity over a list is another example of the media's desire to crucify a person or certain amount of people over a larger issue, and with something like this, it's going to take more than that. It's going to require policy change, blood tests, and a purging of the game. You've got to let this roid'ed up generation bleed itself out and it may take generations to do. A lot of people seem to be underestimating just how long this may take to become effective.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

From they are saying it was when Roger Clemens was with the Blue Jays, when "It happened" .

I'm also suprised with Greg Zaun. No offense to him and all but it doesn't show, on and all the feild.

As for Bonds we all knew lol. Its just do dam bad he had to cheat to get his way into the record board. After all Ruth did it on Beer and Hot dogs lol.

4kv29i.jpg

He (Cl*m*ns) absolutely shouldn't get a pass. And I suspect he won't.

He won't be branded the same way B*nds has, however, simply because (i) Cl*m*ns isn't the a**hole that Bonds is, and (ii) Cl*m*ens didn't lie under oath to a grand jury about his actions.

Also, Bonds hits homers and Clemens is a pitcher and people just don't care about pitchers using 'roids as much.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Who in their right mind pays for illegal substances with a check? What maroons.

I've been reading the report and I'm amazed at the paper trail left behind by these players. You'd think that they would be more conscious on covering their tracks.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Ah Baseball, providing a haven for cheaters and malcontents since 1846.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I just want to go ahead and mention that all four of the Yankees winning pitchers from the 2000 World Series -- Pettitte, Neagle, Clemens, and Mike Stanton -- have been mentioned in this report. :D :D

I noticed that too. Wow.

I just want to go ahead and mention that all four of the Yankees winning pitchers from the 2000 World Series -- Pettitte, Neagle, Clemens, and Mike Stanton -- have been mentioned in this report. :D :D

ASTERISK!!! ASTERISK!!! ASTERISK!!!

I'm happy that Pujols wasn't mentioned and that none of my favorites were as well. I'm extremely happy that Clemens was though because I hate him.

Wow. First Soliciting a prostitute and now steroids. What the hell happened to Denny Neagle?

ASTERISK!!! ASTERISK!!! ASTERISK!!!

While you jest, I seriously just put a mental asterisk in my head for that series.*

*Not that it matters...

Wow. First Soliciting a prostitute and now steroids. What the hell happened to Denny Neagle?

Not just any prostitute... but THIS prostitute...

neaglehooker.jpg

IUe6Hvh.png

The two names that I feared being on there the most were not mentioned. Not because I figured they used, just that it would destroy my views of the great players of our time.

I would have been sick to my stomach to see Pujols or A-rod on there. Both of them are just such outstanding players and I would have hated to see them implemented in this report.

Archived