Flyers-Pens in talks about outdoor game

philly97flyer

Ohio State's hockey team has thought about putting an outdoor game in Ohio Stadium. I think if you do it in late January/Early February it would be cold enough to accomodate an outdoor game between say the Blue Jackets and the Red Wings. Market it as another version of Ohio State versus Michigan and you could easily put 100,000 people in the seats just for the novelty of it all. How cold do you really need it to be oustide for the ice to be at an acceptable NHL level?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Ohio State's hockey team has thought about putting an outdoor game in Ohio Stadium. I think if you do it in late January/Early February it would be cold enough to accomodate an outdoor game between say the Blue Jackets and the Red Wings. Market it as another version of Ohio State versus Michigan and you could easily put 100,000 people in the seats just for the novelty of it all. How cold do you really need it to be oustide for the ice to be at an acceptable NHL level?

The Kings played the Rangers outdoors in Las Vegas in 80-degree weather during the 1991 preseason. I can't imagine how they pulled it off.

Source (at the bottom of the page): http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&a...rticleid=337536

Archived