Logo and uniform set for fantasy league

paynomind

Check it out...

My fantasy team's logo, wordmark, and dark jersey set. White jerseys soon to follow.

Comments and compliments welcome!

This is my first big project in Illustrator, and I want to thank Joel and Nitro for putting up with my incessant questions about Illustrator. (How to i set up a screen, why can't i move that point, how to i make a point a corner but stay curved, etc, etc)

Anyway, here it is:

http://cobaltcube.com/concepts/gremlins.html

(No C&P needed!)

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Wow that's ugly.

The colors seem to clash and the font on the jersey dose not look good at all, and the logo reminds me of a gragoyle. Buts those are suposed to be ugly so maybe that part works.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I thought theGremlin was an ugly wide ended car from AMC in the 70's... :;):  

:D

The wordmark and uni I like--the stripes seem to fit well together--but the colours sren't my favorite--but that's more a matter of taste--so if it's what you want--go with them.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

i think you guys are missing the point....gremlins are supposed to be ugly, they aren't cute little teddy bears....with that said, i think the whole package looks good. in my eyes, the colors strangely mesh together well and the wordmark is top-notch.....all in all, a fine job....an especially fine job for a first start to finish logo in illustrator.

I really like the wordmark. Nice job.

The logo could use a few minor tweaks (mismatched horns), but its good for being your first original piece.

I'm not too crazy about the uni, but I don't hate it. The pants seem too traditional to go with the modern jersey.

Overall, not bad for a madien voyage. Much MUCH better than my first Illustrator project. Hell, it's better than most of my latest ones!

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Overall, I like the concept and dig the colors. Impressive for your first Illustrator adventure. Only comments would be to continually tweak the line widths (inbetween the eyes) and I'd try to find some common arcs to help guide the viewer through the logo. A good test for line widths is to shrink the logo down and see how it holds up. Very good job, I like the fact that it isn't so symmetrical, especially the horns. Keep tweaking :)

Thank you guys, for your positive comments. There are some good points that will explore in this set, especially the Illustrator tips. I do agree that the wordmark on the jersey is a little big.

I have been doing corporate logos for years, so that kinda explains why my wordmark is further advanced than my gremlin. (who i fondly call gremmy)

I totally see now that the longer you hang onto a logo, the more tweaks it undergoes, and the better it gets. I have two previous versions of the gremlin that really would have made you guys wince.

The color palate is one that I have been pondering for quite some time now. Burnt orange and light blue really charges me up. I think it is a terriffic, unique combonation that really fits the Gremlins name, like joel said.

This is my first Illustrator project, and I am really excited about how much I have learned, and how much this program can do. I have 5-7 years experience in PhotoShop, so it is amazing to me what carries over, what is much easier, and what is much, much harder.

Thank you so much for your comments guys. If you find it ugly, then thats cool... we have different taste. Overall, i dig it.. a lot. And can't wait to get the white jerseys done, and the whole package complete.

If anyone else would like to comment, it is quite a thrill to keep coming back to this thread and seeing comments. Even if you dont have anything new to add, i'd love to hear if you liked it or not, and what parts were your fav and why.

Thanks for the inspiration, guys.

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I have the whites done, and will post them first thing monday AM when i get to work.

ΓΔΒ!

Updated link above with white uni's

ΓΔΒ!

I like the lettering but not the "face" part of the logo.  What would be really cool is if you made that Gremlin look like one from the Gremlins move in 1984.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Very sweet. I love that set of colors. I never thought about them together, but they look really good. The gremlin is very cool, i like the irregular lines on it, it looks more like a gremlin, and less like a devil.

Tight uniforms, dude. I'd buy one. Do you have other uniform/team concepts?

I like the lettering but not the "face" part of the logo. What would be really cool is if you made that Gremlin look like one from the Gremlins move in 1984.

Yeah, but what happens when you feed them after midnight?

And they can't play any day games, cause, of course, they'd melt.

If anyone wants to see.. I posted an Alternate jersey, and a secondary logo...

I think the secondary is awesome!

http://cobaltcube.com/concepts/gremlins.html

(No C&P needed!)

ΓΔΒ!

Archived