16-0-0

Mac the Knife

Huzzah! First past of the day of the new year. 2008 is destined to be a good one.

You, sir, need to get some Metamucil.

Wow, the fall from greatness can happen quickly can't it?

If enough Metamucil is involved, yes.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you can't handle Boston fans going to away games(leopard88), get your fans to buy tickets! If that's what you call annoyingly arrogant, then I'll take that any day.

It's not the presence, it's the attitude that comes with it.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Ok, I understand you. I apologize for saying :censored: yourselves, but you are wrong. I didn't mean it in a hurtful way, but as a metaphor. You know that. I'm basically saying the same things as jp. Exactly how in that response, aside from that sentence, an I a caricature of the hated Boston fan? That's what I don't understand. That's what's wrong, or at least until you give me a reason. I don't intend to become CCSLC's most hated member, but please elaborate.

First, you don't play on any of the teams, but you seem to internalize their performance more so than any other member here, and that's saying an awful lot.

I apologize, but I don't quite understand what you mean by this.

If we're giving out Post of the Day, there needs to be an equal and opposite award...the Stupid(est) Post of the Day. I think you can pick from any number of gingerbreadman's posts, it would be like Chris Berman's top plays where he actually combines five moments/plays, but I'm going with the above because it gave us all a new understanding of the phrase, "Go :censored: yourself" (spawning Gitlin's most awesome post), as well as the gem, "I don't intend to become CCSLC's most hated member." Take it from Uncle Jiggs, people have to give a damn in order to hate something...jus' sayin' homey.

You have been SPotD, 1/1/2008.

Loren, where's the logo for this one? :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

If you can't handle Boston fans going to away games(leopard88), get your fans to buy tickets! If that's what you call annoyingly arrogant, then I'll take that any day.

It's not the presence, it's the attitude that comes with it.

Exactly, for example:

New Years eve my brother and I checked in to the Red Roof Inn we were staying at for the Winter Classic. The man there said that, though we invaded the place, our behavior was fantastic compared to Patriots fans who also invaded the place during the season, who were so bad that after the game they remotely locked all their card-activated doors and forced them to come down and personally apologize before they could get in.

Theres becoming a victim of your teams' success, then theres making yourself a victim of your teams' success.

oBIgzrL.png

New Years eve my brother and I checked in to the Red Roof Inn we were staying at for the Winter Classic. The man there said that, though we invaded the place, our behavior was fantastic compared to Patriots fans who also invaded the place during the season, who were so bad that after the game they remotely locked all their card-activated doors and forced them to come down and personally apologize before they could get in.

Ha! That's awesome!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Ok, I understand you. I apologize for saying :censored: yourselves, but you are wrong. I didn't mean it in a hurtful way, but as a metaphor. You know that. I'm basically saying the same things as jp. Exactly how in that response, aside from that sentence, an I a caricature of the hated Boston fan? That's what I don't understand. That's what's wrong, or at least until you give me a reason. I don't intend to become CCSLC's most hated member, but please elaborate.

First, you don't play on any of the teams, but you seem to internalize their performance more so than any other member here, and that's saying an awful lot.

If we're giving out Post of the Day, there needs to be an equal and opposite award...the Stupid(est) Post of the Day. I think you can pick from any number of gingerbreadman's posts, it would be like Chris Berman's top plays where he actually combines five moments/plays, but I'm going with the above because it gave us all a new understanding of the phrase, "Go :censored: yourself" (spawning Gitlin's most awesome post), as well as the gem, "I don't intend to become CCSLC's most hated member." Take it from Uncle Jiggs, people have to give a damn in order to hate something...jus' sayin' homey.

Ha! That's awesome!

They were clearly just jealous.

This is all completely ridiculous.

Is this some sort of initiation? "Take a dump on the new guy" day?

I don't bring it often, but when it does, it's for something very special.

postoftheday.png

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

WOW! How'd you know that? Who told you?

Since January 1 is New Year's Day, we set aside January 2 as "Take A Dump On The New Guy" Day. Next year, you'll get to play along as well. Just think of all the fun you'll have at some other dumb ass' expense. :P

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Since January 1 is New Year's Day, we set aside January 2 as "Take A Dump On The New Guy" Day. Next year, you'll get to play along as well. Just think of all the fun you'll have at some other dumb ass' expense. :P

Do I need to make a ribbon for that, as well?

:D

How'd I know? My "dumb ass" bone tingles this time of year!

TMI, dude. That sounds like a personal problem.

TMI, dude. That sounds like a personal problem.

Metamucil? What?

Sorry, I didn't see this before.

See, all I get is complete :censored: for saying anything pro-Boston. This thread and the Celtics thread have evolved into an attack on me for being from Boston and supporting it, and an attack on Boston sports. Your preconceived notions about Boston fans are 99% wrong, but they come only because our teams are doing so well(you could call it jealousy).

The truth comes from somewhere. We all know an arrogant Boston fan, no one is making this up or pulling it from thin air. I think this post of yours is actually evidence against your claim. Are people jealous, yes, of course, but that jealousy wouldn't lead to the disdain held for your teams fans if they weren't so quick to point out and remind everyone of their past failures which in turn is just a backhand way of reminding us of you recent success.

Boston fans are the most diehard, most passionate fans(along with NY) in the country, and stick through the good and bad times.

Yeah the Garden was packed last season for the Bruins and Celtics during their poor seasons. This statement is the definition of arrogance and isn't even true.

Where did I say they packed the stadiums? I know that they weren't filled, obviously. Were the teams abandoned through that horrible year? NO! There was still tons of support, but people(you'll probably call this arrogant too) realized the teams weren't great obviously and didn't fill up EVERY GAME. That rarely happens. If you lived here, you'd realize things like that, but again, it's stereotypes. And just how is that statement not true?

Bandwagon fans. You never saw Red Sox hats on the streets of Columbus or Cincinnati in the 90's, now you see them all the time. Explain that.

YOU'RE RIGHT! Many people in Ohio, or anywhere across the country jumped on the bandwagon after 2004, and they are NOT the fans I am talking about. I guess I'm not as ARROGANT as you thought to realize that, and I can't speak for them. As far as I'm concerned, they're non-loyal, bandwagon fans who may well be arrogant and annoying, but I'm talking about people FROM here. I'm nost certainly not denying that those people exist; I'm with you on that.

If you're talking about bragging, come on. What's there not to brag about? All the teams are doing extremely well. This probably happen once in 50-100 years, so lighten up. Take it maturely and don't hate on Boston and call us arrogant. What are we supposed to do? Give you a consolation prize? I guarantee you, any other fans would act the same way if they experienced a similar level of success.

You get the arrogant tag because you are arrogant. People didn't hate the fans of the 49er's or Cowboys or Steelers. They may have hated the team, but the fans of the teams of great success were at least tolerable

All those cities had bad teams too. They didn't have the same level of all teams succeeding like here. If that were the case, I guarantee you you would hate them like you hate us. And honestly, what's there not to brag about? And I can't speak for all Boston fans, but at least 90% mean it in good fun. there's no violence or harm from those 90-95%, and you're letting those people influence your view of everyone here and let everything become ammo for your hatred, and that's not right.

I once heard someone say that it is extremely difficult to explain to a Jerk why he's a jerk because for that person in his mind he is just being normal. The same thing applies here, your post did nothing to disprove the arrogance of Boston sports fans and if anything made you look worse. I haven't gotten involved in this thread until your post which was so over the top ridiculous that I had to respond to it.

Your opinion. You make the conscious decision to take everything I say and try to make it sound like I'm a jerk or a loser or a(n) (m)a**hole. See, your mind, along with everyone else's is already made up, so no matter what I say you will have a negative reaction to. Nowhere was I over the top ridiculous, and I don't go around attacking people and calling them arrogant jerks or dumb asses just because of their view of a city or team(s), or most importantly, where they're from. People hate Boston no matter what though, so I guess that's the way it's going to be, but I'm just saying that's(the reasons are) wrong. I know it's not going to change. Just know that I'm doing my best to be somewhat rational here, and please don't overreact like everyone has been doing this whole discussion.

GBM

Well, I had to clear out some work first, but here we go, at least a Beta version:

stupidpost.png

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Well, I had to clear out some work first, but here we go, at least a Beta version:

stupidpost.png

NOOOO!!!!

Humor me, man. I'm not gonna even get into another battle over this post/thread.

I thought this thread was DEAD!(haha)

stupidpost.png

That is quite possibly the most friggin' AWESOME thing ever on this site! You've outdone yourself.

Archived