Street fighter ii

IronChefShark

back in junior high and high school, it was all the craze. everyone was at the local pizza joint or 7-11 (when they used to have arcade games) huddled around those street fighter II machines waiting thier turn

and when it was released as a game for super NES it was a godsend.

so were any of you into it? favorite fighter? finishing move? ending?

all I gotta say is.....

SONIC BOOM!

at the store i ran we had an arcade... made sure we had SF2 all 4 years I ran it... needless to say I got pretty good at it... Ryu is my all time favourite, but with Championship Edition I got just as good with Bison and Balrog

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Man, Street Fighter II Pinball owned all!  Me and like ten other people in the neighborhood would gather every Friday at the store across the street from my house and blow about $5 EACH on it.  We'd be there from about 5PM to 11PM.  I love pinball way more than arcade games.  TORPEDO multiball is the ULTIMATE baby!  3 Million points for hitting anything!  How could you go wrong?

That spinning Chun-Li flipper was annoying as hell though.  Although whenever the ramp was broken, we just shoot Vega for the same kill.

Great times, great times...I think only maybe two or three of us were actual good enough at the fighting game, but we all mastered the pinball game.

--Roger "The game has ended but the challenge remains!" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I think i ripped off that piledriver once, back when before we knew what the special moves were. If anyone managed to use a fireball, we accused them of cheating.

Ken and Guile where the best. Guile didn't need to rely on any special moves to win. Chun Li was easy to use, it was cool bouncing off the walls and head stomping people, but she was ruined int he later editions when they gave her a fireball...

i sucked, so i used Bison a lot...found a newer street fighter at teh local arcade, and i play that when i'm there (which is not that often nowadays) cus 1) Blitz is no longer there, 2) this NBA pinball game is no longer there, and 3) only other option i'll give a second thought to is Virtua Tennis (i'm actually half decent at that)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I have Super SFII (you know, the one where they added four new characters) on an SNES emulator on my computer.

My personal favorites were always Honda and Sagat on the home versions, yet I always did better with Ryu on the arcade versions. Something in the transition from arcade to console made Ryu a lot worse...

I guess i didnt have a favorite, but i noticed people hating losing to Dhalsim and E. Honda, so i was generally them.

Ps. I kid at my school was caught pleasuring himself to a paused Chun-Li, doing a bouncing kick. If thats not the definition of pathetic, id like to see it.

Archived