Replica Hockey Jersey Question

hjwii

I live in New Orleans, so there really is no store down here that sells hockey jerseys. But, I was wondering if anyone has a close-up picture of the screened patches they now put on the replica jerseys. I mean, how good do they look? I'm sure from a distance it isn't obvious, but how about up close....?

So, maybe someone out there can upload a picture... I would greatly appreciate it...

Thanks...

hjwii

there is a couple replica Bruins jerseys sitting right outside my office right now because we are sewing on player names and some nhl tags, then they are going to Boston to get autographed. Before I saw this post I was actually looking at the screened patch on the sleeve pretty closely, just out of curiosity. I have not seen a game worn jersey, so I don't know how it compares, but for what its worth i thought the patch looked really good, and to an outsider(not a hockey fan, again, never seen a real jersey) I would have accepted it as authentic game worn. hope someone can get pictures for ya.

Basically, the front crest is embroidered and appliqued as you would expect, and the shoulder patches are basically the logo silkscreened onto the jersey, like the numbers and letters on a swingman basketball jersey or EQT football jersey. IMO, they don't look bad, but I'm holding off on buying one until I've heard how well those screened twill patches stand up to wear and washing.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

heh, up here champs got every team you want, as long as it's the Blackhawks. From far away you probably couldn't tell unless the authentics' shoulder crests used metallic thread, like the Kings.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Basically, the front crest is embroidered and appliqued as you would expect, and the shoulder patches are basically the logo silkscreened onto the jersey, like the numbers and letters on a swingman basketball jersey or EQT football jersey. IMO, they don't look bad, but I'm holding off on buying one until I've heard how well those screened twill patches stand up to wear and washing.

You are kind of wrong. They are sublimented onto a thin piece of twill and then sewn onto the shoulders. They are fairly flexible (more so than the crests!!) and don't look bad from far away.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I know I am in the minority here, but I really like the Edge jerseys. I don't mind the new style of patches and think that they hold up to washing and wear. I have an old style replica by CCM and a must say that the shoulder patches are really crappy. So just based on replicas, I think the Edge jerseys are an improvement.

MildlyPsycho.png

Realsig.png

Boy are you in the minority there!

-Dan

Yep.

Well, buy them now then while they are still around.

They hopefully will be thrown out after this season, as the contract for the Edge jerseys were only one year, I don't see them coming back.

They look terrible and the performance is nothing.

anti.png

I've seen them up close as well, and I have to agree with the sentiment that unless you see them side-by-side with an authentic, they don't look bad at all. It's only when you see them up close in comparison with an authentic that you realize it's not as good as it could be.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I've seen them up close as well, and I have to agree with the sentiment that unless you see them side-by-side with an authentic, they don't look bad at all. It's only when you see them up close in comparison with an authentic that you realize it's not as good as it could be.

I disagree, I think the Edge replicas are way crappier than old CCM/Koho replicas. Back when thoise thinsg were out, there wasn't even a need to buy an authentic they were so close. But with these cheap-ass patches, the big slits in the side seams, and the crappy one layer screened twill numbers, they've gone the way of NFL replicas. I think they stick out like a sore thumb, at least when I go to Hawks games. But again maybe it depends on the team, for a simpler team design like Toronto you prolly can't tell as much.

Thanks for clearing that up, Neon- I've only seen a couple of the Edge, and wasn't sure if it was sublimated or screened. My bad leaving out the patches being on the twill. I think faster than I type.

On topic, we can still get the full twill customizing kits. I think in a previous thread, we started listing team shops who are steering away from the printed/ sublimated on 1 layer of twill numbers and letters.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

On Premier jerseys, the logo on the front is glued on, and it always has been for YEARS.

Numbers and lettering is glued on and is just like a NFL Premier jersey if you order it online, or if the store you purchase it from orders it straight from Reebok/CCM.

My advice is to buy a premier jersey, and then get authentic lettering and numbering done somewhere else. A GOOD store will have a place that they send out to get jerseys done up, and will do it for you, or there's places to send your jersey to.

On Premier jerseys, the logo on the front is glued on, and it always has been for YEARS.

Numbers and lettering is glued on and is just like a NFL Premier jersey if you order it online, or if the store you purchase it from orders it straight from Reebok/CCM.

My advice is to buy a premier jersey, and then get authentic lettering and numbering done somewhere else. A GOOD store will have a place that they send out to get jerseys done up, and will do it for you, or there's places to send your jersey to.

Hockey Hall of Fame, cough...

Best customized jerseys you will ever find. Period.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I disagree, I think the Edge replicas are way crappier than old CCM/Koho replicas. Back when thoise thinsg were out, there wasn't even a need to buy an authentic they were so close. But with these cheap-ass patches, the big slits in the side seams, and the crappy one layer screened twill numbers, they've gone the way of NFL replicas. I think they stick out like a sore thumb, at least when I go to Hawks games. But again maybe it depends on the team, for a simpler team design like Toronto you prolly can't tell as much.

I was really just talking about the patches.

You're right, though. More now than ever the replicas look like replicas, instead of looking very close to the authentics. Kind of the way you'll never mistake a cotton/poly blend adjustable baseball cap with an authentic 5950.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Icejerseys.com is currently offering full tackle-twill customization for $49 on any jersey in stock.

And for quality, you can never go wrong with Exclusive Pro Sports.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived