NHL Winter Classic

JRnck97

Here are some of my concepts for retro jerseys for other teams if they played in the NHL Winter Classic. My hope is to start a series for all teams possible.

First Team: Philadelphia Flyers

I basically used the same cut that they used during the 1970's with a little updates.

winterclassiczp4.jpg

More to come! Any comments?

I like those. I think it is simple, which is perfect for the winter classic. I think the font should be changed, though, because it's too modern. That's not a bad thing, but I think you need a more standard, older look and the font would need to be changed to most emulate that.

Also, what template is that? My brain is hurting trying to match it up. It's EDGE, right? And is it vector?

I'm pretty sure its his own EDGE template. The last time I talked to him, he was talking about tracing speedy's template since it seems like speedy isn't delivering. It looks like he did a pretty good job. I also know that he uses inkscape.

Here is some advice if you do wanna prolong the series. These are the teams that you should design along with the jerseys they should wear.

Dallas Stars

Los Angeles Kings

Colorado Avalanche

Toronto Maple Leafs (to honor their last Cup)

Boston Bruins

Vancouver Canucks

I like your thinking...

For the Nords, I'd go even further in time to the old WHA days of red jerseys or the original powder blue (penguins style)

Kings would rock, but we know they won't play a heritage classic in LA... maybe LA vs. Minnesota would be cool.

As for the Leafs and Bruins, I think that while they'd be good candidates for the game itself, their shirt are too close to their existing (or recent ALT for Leafs) to generate enough sales from the Heritage collection.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Here are some of my concepts for retro jerseys for other teams if they played in the NHL Winter Classic. My hope is to start a series for all teams possible.

I basically used the same cut that they used during the 1970's with a little updates.

winterclassiczp4.jpg

This is my favorite jersey that the Flyers have ever worn. I would love to see it come back as a alternate.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

winterclassiczp4.jpg

I like it, they should still wear 'em...maybe we'll see them in real life if the Flyers get the (yearly?) outdoor game vs. the Pens they want.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

Here is some advice if you do wanna prolong the series. These are the teams that you should design along with the jerseys they should wear.

Dallas Stars

Los Angeles Kings

Colorado Avalanche

Toronto Maple Leafs (to honor their last Cup)

Boston Bruins

Vancouver Canucks

I like your thinking...

For the Nords, I'd go even further in time to the old WHA days of red jerseys or the original powder blue (penguins style)

Kings would rock, but we know they won't play a heritage classic in LA... maybe LA vs. Minnesota would be cool.

As for the Leafs and Bruins, I think that while they'd be good candidates for the game itself, their shirt are too close to their existing (or recent ALT for Leafs) to generate enough sales from the Heritage collection.

Why couldn't you play an outdoor game in LA? I know plenty of places in Southern California that have out door ice rinks, and I'm pretty sure that there's one in Huntington Beach during Christmas time. That's right a ice rink on the beach when it's about oh say 65-68 degrees out, what could be better than that? Think about the possibilities about an outdoor game on the beach and it's 65 and clear and the sun going down over the Pacific. If you can do an outdoor ice rink in September in Vegas, you can do one in So Cal in January.

If you give an example of the Blues, it should be 68-73 uniforms, with the addition of the arm numbers on the home whites. I prefer these road blues more, so that they don't look like a copy of a recolored Bruins.

The stars would probably wear something like this...I might have mixed eras a bit, Im not sure about the numbers + striping combo, if they are part of the same era but whatever haha.

northstarskt1.png

Those are really, really sharp looking, but you do have your yellow drop shadow is going the wrong way. The Rangers drops down and to the left, while the North Stars went to the right and I'd probably put yellow trim on both sides of the waist stripe to match the arm stripes.

Really nice work on those. :hockeysmiley:

e843_1.JPG

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

If you give an example of the Blues, it should be 68-73 uniforms, with the addition of the arm numbers on the home whites. I prefer these road blues more, so that they don't look like a copy of a recolored Bruins.

Ok, then, so... St. Louis Blues uniforms (circa 1969-70)

Maybe the Minnesota Wild could wear these (as a salute to the WHA).

Also, could the Blue Jackets wear the jerseys of the Cleveland Barons?

YOZXkBG.png?1

Archived