Da Raidahs!

leedsunited

Well, the Raiders are who we thought they were.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This has been fairly old news after the Rob Ryan "firing" which Al did not approve of.

Plus, Kiffin was only given a three year contract, so essentially with two year left, why bother?

The Raiders have an option for two more years, but the balance of the contract is about

$4 million.

The staff is at the Senior Bowl though, so the talent evaluation is already being done. Sadly,

it won't even be done by them as the staff or even their Director of Football Development,

Mark Jackson.

This has been fairly old news after the Rob Ryan "firing" which Al did not approve of.

Plus, Kiffin was only given a three year contract, so essentially with two year left, why bother?

The Raiders have an option for two more years, but the balance of the contract is about

$4 million.

The staff is at the Senior Bowl though, so the talent evaluation is already being done. Sadly,

it won't even be done by them as the staff or even their Director of Football Development,

Mark Jackson.

Al was being a petulant baby over Rob Ryan. Davis is really peeved because he feels that Kiffin's to blame for dumping Moss. Nevermind the fact that Moss loafed his way through Oakland, and the Raiders never had anyone to throw to him - he needed a ready scapegoat.

I thought Kiffin did a pretty good job with the Raiders last season, considering the team that was fielded every week. *cough* Josh McCown *cough*

it's Gruden all over again, on a smaller scale. Davis only wants sycophantic yes men at the helm, look at the crop he's had over the past few years: Art Shell, Bill Callahan, Joe Bugel, Mike White. The problem with this is that they invariably suck, making a replacement hire every other year a necessity.

Not that I see Davis dying anytime soon, but what happens to the team when he kicks off?

I don't think he's ever revealed a succession plan. Who knows? At this rate, the freakin' vampire will outlive us all.

He is 78, so the market for white track suits will go down by 33% once he passes. As far as succession, Amy Trask is CEO by title. Whether she is named in his estate is another issue.

Not that I see Davis dying anytime soon, but what happens to the team when he kicks off?

I don't think he's ever revealed a succession plan. Who knows? At this rate, the freakin' vampire will outlive us all.

He is 78, so the market for white track suits will go down by 33% once he passes. As far as succession, Amy Trask is CEO by title. Whether she is named in his estate is another issue.

I doubt Trask will get the team - but she's been a mouthpiece for him for so long, she's lost all sense of objectivity and she just might qualify now.

I thought Kiffin did a pretty good job with the Raiders last season, considering the team that was fielded every week. *cough* Josh McCown *cough*

it's Gruden all over again, on a smaller scale. Davis only wants sycophantic yes men at the helm, look at the crop he's had over the past few years: Art Shell, Bill Callahan, Joe Bugel, Mike White. The problem with this is that they invariably suck, making a replacement hire every other year a necessity.

If he wants a sycophantic yes man, I'd be willing to negotiate a trade-Kiffin for Linehan.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

From ESPN article:

Not Raiding The Win Column

Since the Raiders' 48-21 loss to the Buccaneers in the 2002 Super Bowl, Oakland hasn't done much winning. In fact, Oakland has gone 19-61 since that Super Bowl loss.

Season Record Coach

2007 4-12 Lane Kiffin

2006 2-14 Art Shell

2005 4-12 Norv Turner

2004 5-11 Norv Turner

2003 4-12 Bill Callahan

this would be the 5th coach in 6 years? Yeow.

From ESPN article:

Since the Raiders' 48-21 loss to the Buccaneers in the 2002 Super Bowl, Oakland hasn't done much winning. In fact, Oakland has gone 19-61 since that Super Bowl loss.

Season Record Coach

2007 4-12 Lane Kiffin

2006 2-14 Art Shell

2005 4-12 Norv Turner

2004 5-11 Norv Turner

2003 4-12 Bill Callahan

THe Raiders are a disaster losing that Super Bowl really destroyed them.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

From ESPN article:

Season Record Coach

2007 4-12 Lane Kiffin

2006 2-14 Art Shell

2005 4-12 Norv Turner

2004 5-11 Norv Turner

2003 4-12 Bill Callahan

THe Raiders are a disaster losing driving off that Super Bowl Jon Gruden really destroyed them.

FYP

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If Raiders fans are lucky, it'll be the football equivalent of Bill Wirtz dying.

If every other football fan is lucky, it'll only sink them deeper into a long-term irrelevance which rivals the Arizona Cardinals.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Well, the Raiders are who we thought they were.

Even as a Cardinals fan, I have to admit...Priceless comment.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Well once again the Raiders make no sense. I wonder if Davis knows that him controlling every aspect of the team is why they suck so badly each year. I can see why Sapp got out of their now.

nhlvquebec2mw0.pngnhlpittsburghmo1.pngmlsnewenglandei8.pngnflbaltimoreff1.pngncaaohiostatepx4.png

Interesting Baseball fact: In 1960: Baltimore, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh had 2 AAA affiliates, while Los Angeles had 3 teams...and the New York Yankees had the Kansas City Athletics.

Interesting Hockey fact: In 1974, the Buffalo Sabres draft Taro Tsujimoto of the Toyko Katanas with th 183 pick in the draft. It was later revealed that Taro didn't exist, but Taro is still listed as an offical draftee of the Buffalo Sabres in their Media Guide.

Archived