Falcons go to red jerseys full time

paynomind

http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/sports/falcons/0204/11falcons.html

Falcons fans will be seeing red next season: The team will switch from black to red jerseys for home games for the first time since 1989.

League officials approved the team's request to make the change. The red "alternate" jerseys that were worn by the team for two home games last season will be permanent.

"We first talked [to NFL officials] in November after we first wore them [Nov. 23] against Tennessee," executive vice president of marketing/sales Dick Sullivan said. "It was driven in part by fans, coaches, players. . . . Everybody seems to love them."

The Falcons wore red jerseys for home games from 1971-89, switching to black in 1990.

The black jerseys will make one or two appearances next season as well.

"The red jerseys were cool," safety Bryan Scott said. "I got good feedback from fans and my family about them."

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I like it. Those red jerseys were very shap looking as alternates. I wonder if they will wear black two games this year now?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

paynomind, "The black jerseys will make one or two appearances next season as well."

Also, any word as to what pants the team will wear with these? I'd like to see them go black helmet, red uni, black pants.

If they do that I will have an orgasm (lol)all over the TV screen if i see that is what I've been wanting all along. When they wore the white pants with the red I was so disappointed.  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

paynomind, "The black jerseys will make one or two appearances next season as well."

Also, any word as to what pants the team will wear with these?  I'd like to see them go black helmet, red uni, black pants.

If they do that I will have an orgasm (lol)all over the TV screen if i see that is what I've been wanting all along. When they wore the white pants with the red I was so disappointed.  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Whoa.  Easy there.

Also, any word as to what pants the team will wear with these? I'd like to see them go black helmet, red uni, black pants.

If they do that I will have an orgasm (lol)all over the TV screen if i see that is what I've been wanting all along. When they wore the white pants with the red I was so disappointed. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Whoa. Easy there.

Don't you think your mom is tired of cleaning all that up?

Actually, I'd prefer a return to grey/silver pants for the Falcons...to me a black/red/black combo just screams "Arena Ball"...

But I do welcome a return to red jerseys for Atlanta.  15 years to fix Glanville's mistake...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Silver pants would look just kinda thrown in. I know their is technically silver in the logo, but that looks just thrown in too. They should have just eliminated it all together, or incorporated it more. I always thought it looked thrown into their other unis too, even though it wasn't too bad.

I must be the only one here who thinks the black jerseys looked a lot better; the sleeve striping doesn't look as good on the reds I thought since they just kept it the same from the black jersey. They should change it and make the black stripe in the middle on the red jerseys. And please, no black pants with the red jersey, only with the white.

15 years to fix Glanville's mistake...

oh yeah, Jerry's mistake.  i thought it was Rison, "Neon" Dieon (or PrimeTime), and MC Hammer that ruined the all black-look Falcons.  2 Legit (2 quit) anyone?

and this coming from a (then) Falcons fan.  the classic red helmet, red jersey, and white pants are the misfit Falcons of the early 80's i remember.  maybe a mock up of the new logos on red helmet, blk jersey, and white (or silver) is in order.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Archived