Hockey Players Gone Wild!

Neon_Matrix

So once again a hockey player has gotten in trouble with the law, and no, it is no Ray Emery (this time).

Montreal player's Ryan O'Byrne and forward Tom Kostopoulos were both arrested outside a Tampa Bay night club, the former being charged with stealing a women's purse while the later for resisting an officer.

It will be interesting to see what the club does to punish these two for that action. It is sad when professional athletes get in trouble with the law... but this is just kind of messed up.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=229398&hubname=

The Tampa Tribune is reporting that Montreal Canadiens defensemen Ryan O'Byrne and forward Tom Kostopoulos were arrested outside of Tampa nightclub early Monday morning.

O'Byrne is accused of stealing a women's purse, while Kostopoulos is accused of resisting an officer.

The incident began when a woman notified the bar's security officers that her purse was missing. The security officers noticed O'Byrne holding the purse and the women's cellphone outside the bar.

According to the report, O'Byrne told the officers that the purse belonged to his girlfriend, but police determined it belonged to the woman.

"Several associates, who were identified as National Hockey League players/members, crowded around the officers and police car," the police report states. "They were told numerous times to get away from the police car and not to interfere."

O'Byrne was charged with grand theft and Kostopoulos was charged with resisting the officers.

O'Byrne's bail was set at $2,000 and Kostopoulos' was set at $500 - both have been released.

The Canadiens are scheduled to play the Tampa Bay Lightning Tuesday night.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Hold on, time-out...

A professional athlete...STEALING?! WHAT THE HELL?! I mean, I've heard of athletes resisting arrest, sadly that's nothing new, but a professional athlete, making a very good amount of money, is allegedly a thief? That is the most backwards crime I've seen committed in a while. That makes no sense at all. That's just stupidity.

Hold on, time-out...

A professional athlete...STEALING?! WHAT THE HELL?! I mean, I've heard of athletes resisting arrest, sadly that's nothing new, but a professional athlete, making a very good amount of money, is allegedly a thief? That is the most backwards crime I've seen committed in a while. That makes no sense at all. That's just stupidity.

Does the name Wynona Ryder ring a bell? :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Hold on, time-out...

Does the name Wynona Ryder ring a bell? :P

no, is she related to Michael Ryder? :blink:

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Classless thugs, all of 'em. You think with all the money they make that they would "get it" or at least pay someone to "get it" for them. This is why no one likes hockey!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Classless thugs, all of 'em. You think with all the money they make that they would "get it" or at least pay someone to "get it" for them. This is why no one likes hockey!

Wait, what??????

This is the required Jiggacommentary for a criminal incident involving a hockey player. Go look up any thread that has to do with violence/crime in the NHL, and Jigga makes at least one post about it (with me piggybacking on one occasion. :P).

Good one.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Some people do it for a thrill. Why? Because they are dumb. It makes me shameful to be a Habs fan. Can someone hand me a brown paper bag so I can hide my face.

Some people do it for a thrill. Why? Because they are dumb. It makes me shameful to be a Habs fan. Can someone hand me a brown paper bag so I can hide my face.

I'm shocked it took you so long to make such a request. This should have been uttered right after the first time you said "I am a Habs fan." :D

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

I'm shocked it took you so long to make such a request. This should have been uttered right after the first time you said "I am a Habs fan." :D

DAMN IT! I was going for that line.

Hi, how are you?

It's going to be exciting to see my Habs go against your Leafs in the playoffs. Oh wait...that won't happen. :P

It's going to be exciting to see my Habs go against your Leafs in the playoffs. Oh wait...that won't happen. :P

Oh I'm sorry... who's team finished above your team in the standings for the past two seasons, and even crushed your chances of making the playoffs last season? ^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived