Keystone Baseball Club

kewp80

Alright, so this is what I've been working on all today, my fantasy baseball team's identity for the league I run off the boards. Last year they were named the Keystone Hilltoppers, and some of you may remember my previous concepts for the team last year. For nostalgic sake you can look at it here. As I look back I can't help but think that Illustrator and experience have definitely made my work a lot more pleasing to look at :D

Anyway, enough reminiscing, back to the concept and topic at hand. I'll get strait to the point: Last year my team suffered a monumental collapse at the end of the season and missed the league championship by one game (we had no postseason last year). So I wanted to give my team a new direction in changing the logo, and possibly the team name.

This is where you guys come in. All you gotta do is decide which direction my team should go in: stay as the Hilltoppers, or go in a completely new direction and go with Naturals? Also, which color scheme should I use? I experimented with several different color schemes and these are the three that caught my eye, but you guys can certainly offer suggestions for colors if you'd like.

So pick which name you like best, and which color scheme would work the best. C&C is also welcome as is appreciated. Thanks!

KeystoneBaseball.png

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I'm leaning more towards the "Hilltoppers" nickname, perhaps even "Hillies" as a secondary nickname. I like the flag logo, but I almost wonder if it might look better as a pennant rather than just a flag, maybe even a variance with a little battle tear in it somewhere. I might even suggest a swallow-tailed pennant with a bit of a wave to it. I'd also put the stars from the "Natural logo on the bases, but insert a larger home plate at the bottom.

In terms of colors, I'd keep the dusty old gold, but switch to the darker blue. 2 lighter colors looksfaded I think the darker blue and gold compliments one another better.

I'm not too keen on the nickname "Naturals". Mainly because the name really doesn't work with a collective team. I mean it's plausible to associate an individual player as a natural, but a team - even a team of collectively talented players takes practice, teamwork, and chemistry. That usually takes practice and trial & error to get it all right. It's unheard of to throw together a team who gets it together. Also the team associated with the movie was from New York rather than Pennsylvania. Alright, maybe I'm splitting hairs here, but it's like hearing of a team that names itself the "Legends". No, there's no rule that says you can't call your team that, but they'd better be a good team or their nickname will make them look that much out of place.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I think I'm gonna stay with the Hilltoppers name. So here's what I changed on the logo:

- moved hill and flag up

- new flag with some wear

- added three stars and home plate

- moved up the wordmark on logo

So I have here 8 color combo choices. Any more C&C? Which colors do you like?

HilltoppersChoices.png

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I think I'm gonna stay with the Hilltoppers name. So here's what I changed on the logo:

- moved hill and flag up

- new flag with some wear

- added three stars and home plate

- moved up the wordmark on logo

So I have here 8 color combo choices. Any more C&C? Which colors do you like?

HilltoppersChoices.png

I'd like to see the red from #2 matched with the yellow from 7 and/or 8.

Or the green (?) from 8 matched with the gold from 1 and/or 2.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived