Miami Marlins in 2011

njmeadowlanders

It's like, how much more orange could this be? and the answer is none. None more orange. :D

Actually, it could be more orange . . . by making the white panels orange too.

It's not like we're talking about whether Spinal Tap's classic "Smell the Glove" could be any more black. :P

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So... anybody able to verify the orange yet? :P

At the risk of being a complete moron and responding seriously to a jocular rhetorical question, I did notice that when the Nats played the Marlins in Miami a week ago, it was cap night. And the caps were orange. Very, very orange:

adult_cap.jpg

"My eyes!"

"The goggles do nothing!"

1997 | 2003

New Marlins logo:

FloridaMarlins_PropCPL.gif

:P

:D Genius. Give this logo a 12-gauge over-under and it's ready to hunt.

But this goes to what I was saying earlier. The areas of "light orange" in this logo have a pastel look that would be perfect for a Miami team. To the extent that Miami has an aesthetic reputation, it's for pastels and neon colors. The Marlins should combine a highly saturated color with a pastel color -- or even just introduce a pastel shade of a primary color, as Pantone did with the orange here. Like how the Angels use bright red and highlight it with dark red, only in reverse. And, you know, not red.

20082614447.png

"Not red"?

Wait - was that crimson, rust, claret, maroon, cardinal, carmine, or burgandy? :P

No no, we're going lighter than the primary shade, not darker. So we're talking coral, salmon, cerise, amaranth, rose -- anything but pink.

20082614447.png

So... anybody able to verify the orange yet? :P

From a Marlins board:

During BP, EvenLittler SoFlaFish and myself were sitting/leaning on the railings behind home plate. Just below us Jeffrey Loria was talking to two guests of his, who appeared to be a college professor of his from Yale and his wife (they were talking alumni "stuff"). I was listening to their conversation when it turned to "stadium talk." Loria was telling the couple that they're getting a new stadium and that originally he wanted [i couldn't get the name he said] to design the exterior of the park and have HOK do the interior, but that "things don't work that way and HOK is doing the whole park . . . plus, the County is paying for 2/3 of it and they are in control." Loria also told the couple, "Once a shovel hits the dirt, they're going to be starting the redesign of the team uniforms." The couple asked about color schemes or designs and Loria said, "I love red, white, and blue, but too many teams have those colors. I think we'll go with what sells and that is silver and black." Finally, the wife in the couple said, "There sure are alot of Mets fans here, do you have your own fans." At that point (and I wasn't truly paying attention to Loria here because I was having EvenLittler SoFlaFish focus on the fielders practicing) I hear Loria say, "Sure, we do just look over your shoulder!" I look, and he's pointing to me and EvenLittler SoFlaFish who were wearing our Marlins jerseys and caps (me in my #22 Leiter jersey; EvenLittler in his #35 Willi[e] jersey).

Turns out that college professor was world renowned architecture historian Vincent Scully.

1997 | 2003

• 1 month later...
Loria said, "I love red, white, and blue

Those colors remind him of all the good times he had getting paid millions to run the Expos into the ground and out of town.

I think we'll go with what sells and that is silver and black."

Isn't that what they wear now, in their "let's pretend teal doesn't exist" scheme? And where do they rank in merch sales? Jeffrey Loria, with his finger on the pulse of 1992.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived