Miami Marlins in 2011

njmeadowlanders

You know I never really liked the Rockies logo, or anything else about the team's uniforms, hats, wordmarks, etc.

Just never did it for me. I love the mountain design they used in the logo, but I just thought they never pushed it further. They could have used it more in some way as opposed to emphasising the overly bland fonts and wordmarks they ended up using.

Perhaps something like this?

rockies02cp5.jpg

:lol:

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know I never really liked the Rockies logo, or anything else about the team's uniforms, hats, wordmarks, etc.

Just never did it for me. I love the mountain design they used in the logo, but I just thought they never pushed it further. They could have used it more in some way as opposed to emphasising the overly bland fonts and wordmarks they ended up using.

Perhaps something like this?

rockies02cp5.jpg

:lol:

:blink:

OH

MY

GOD

*George Takai voice*

This might be a good place to start....

UGH!

love the fish, but HATE the wordmark.

I hope that they stay away from the orange and move towards something else...YELLOW maybe? GOLD?

I can't stand the orange and teal color combo. Just doesn't work for me.

Personally, I'm not much of a fan of the orange. But that's what they seem to want to use, so that's what I think we'll see.

And I never miss an opportunity to post that sleeve patch - it just might be my favorite patch ever.

Personally, I'm not much of a fan of the orange. But that's what they seem to want to use, so that's what I think we'll see.

I'm on the fence about the Marlins' alleged orange revolution. If black and orange means mainly black, with orange highlights, then I'm against it. We already have two teams with exactly that look, one in each league, and one of them just up the coast.

But if the Marlins were to embrace orange as a primary color, like how the Reds use red, then I'm all for that. An orange cap, orange lettering, and black accents. It would be bold, but it could look fantastic, and it would be a heck of a lot more comfortable to wear in the team's new ballpark.

And surely becoming the official MLB cap of American hunters is worth something from a merch perspective, right? B)

20082614447.png

We'll see.

I'd rather they focus on the teal as a primary - it fits the nautical theme. But primarily orange would work. Anything but black-with-a-touch-of-another-color.

My impression was that the orange revolution would leave the Marlins as an orange-and-black team, with teal and/or silver remaining only for logo use, like the brick red in the Brewers' logo.

Obviously, if primary teal, secondary orange, and accent black were an option, it would be my first choice too. I'm just saying that if it's gonna be orange and black, it needs to be orange and black, not black and orange.

20082614447.png

When the Marlins eventually move into their park, they will officially change to the Miami Marlins. At that time, they also will revise their uniforms.

"There will be a complete change," Loria said. "Nothing has been designed yet. It will be different. It will be fun. It will be something we can all grab on to and call our own."

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/news/articl...sp&c_id=fla

1997 | 2003

It sees a little silly to build a stadium in the hopes that people will of a sudden show up, doesn't it? Doesn't the Miami area already have relatively new hockey and basketball stadiums? The Heat just won the NBA championship with two of the league's top ten most marketable players, and if I recall correctly, they didn't sell out all of the playoff games. This is the city in which you want to invest hundreds of million dollars more?

The newness of basketball and hockey arenas wear away quicker when you consider that these facilities also host a lot more events during the course of the year, such as concerts and other entertainment shows.

For baseball and football stadia (especially the outdoor or sport-specific ones), well over 90% of their events are games. There are fewer chances that venue is open for folks to check out. That, and the point that the sights and visuals of a baseball/football stadium are a lot more unique than a hockey/basketball arena.....

It sees a little silly to build a stadium in the hopes that people will of a sudden show up, doesn't it? Doesn't the Miami area already have relatively new hockey and basketball stadiums? The Heat just won the NBA championship with two of the league's top ten most marketable players, and if I recall correctly, they didn't sell out all of the playoff games. This is the city in which you want to invest hundreds of million dollars more?

The newness of basketball and hockey arenas wear away quicker when you consider that these facilities also host a lot more events during the course of the year, such as concerts and other entertainment shows.

For baseball and football stadia (especially the outdoor or sport-specific ones), well over 90% of their events are games. There are fewer chances that venue is open for folks to check out. That, and the point that the sights and visuals of a baseball/football stadium are a lot more unique than a hockey/basketball arena.....

Plus, most arenas are pretty similar and basic in the sense that there's a rectangular court/rink in the middle and seats on the four sides around it. While they obviously differ from each other, and some overall look better than others, is still the same basic concept. Aswear with baseball and football stadiums, namely baseball, you can have a wide variety of different looks and characteristics, and deminisions that just make them that much more beautiful. They're a little more of an architectually-pleasing facility than your typical arena.

When the Marlins eventually move into their park, they will officially change to the Miami Marlins. At that time, they also will revise their uniforms.

"There will be a complete change," Loria said. "Nothing has been designed yet. It will be different. It will be fun. It will be something we can all grab on to and call our own."

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/news/articl...sp&c_id=fla

Good on the Marlins for being willing to do that.

Pity the poor Florida fans, though. No good can come of giving Jeff Loria the final say in a uniform redesign.

If it's really a blank-slate redesign, then the Marlins need to match a dark or high-saturation color with a pastel. Like a bright pastel green and dark blue, or dark green and pastel blue, or a deep orange and a bright, light blue or green. Possibly full green or navy and pale yellow. Or even, dare I say it, a pastel red (what I'd call "salmon," and what insecure teenage boys would call "pink"). That's what they'd need to stand out in the NL-East, and nothing says "Miami" like a bright pastel of any color.

20082614447.png

Bring on the powder blues...

e221_1.JPG

Interesting. But I'd almost rather see them base their rumored orange-and-black overhaul on your avatar.

mia41aw.png

If they start there... orange cap and main color, gray as the secondary color and black only as a trim color... and then bring back some of those throwbacks but replace they blue with orange or black, they could pull it off without being too much like the Orioles or Giants. Somebody here posted an orange cap they were giving away this season but I can't find it in this thread, so it must be somewhere else.

I think Miami could make it work.

• 1 month later...
So... anybody able to verify the orange yet? :P

At the risk of being a complete moron and responding seriously to a jocular rhetorical question, I did notice that when the Nats played the Marlins in Miami a week ago, it was cap night. And the caps were orange. Very, very orange:

adult_cap.jpg

20082614447.png

Archived