China's womens soccer team displays true class

Squeaks4

This is just one more reason why soccer will never, ever catch on in America.

The main reason why soccer will never (at least, not anytime soon) catch on is because the sport's top league doesn't play on American soil. The average American isn't able to watch the sport's top talent play on a regular basis (TV or in person).

Agree 100%. I would love to talk about what's going on in the EPL, but I never have anyone to talk to. All my friends follow football or basketball.

It's also becoming hard to find anyone who I can have an intelligent baseball conversation with other than my dad. Which is sad.

I wouldn't call myself a big soccer fan, I mainly just watch the World Cup, and a couple of the MLS and European soccer games on ESPN if I'm bored. Playing soccer's fun, but watching just isn't as exciting.....

The lack of a second corner is rather annoying. The ref did not handle that well.

As for this whole America vs. The World debate, my question is that if you guys dislike soccer, why come on and post that you dislike it. I mean this kind of soccer bashing talk happens all the time around World Cup/Euro events. I don't see people coming on threads of other (non-big four) sports and bashing it. It seems like North Americans are just mad that Soccer is the biggest sport in the world, and that their beloved American Football/Baseball is irrelevant in the World.

The bottom line is, that if you don't like soccer because of the diving and the simulating, then that's fine, but there is no need to come on here and complain about it, because there's 2 Billion people in this world who like it more than anything.

The lack of a second corner is rather annoying. The ref did not handle that well.

As for this whole America vs. The World debate, my question is that if you guys dislike soccer, why come on and post that you dislike it. I mean this kind of soccer bashing talk happens all the time around World Cup/Euro events. I don't see people coming on threads of other (non-big four) sports and bashing it. It seems like North Americans are just mad that Soccer is the biggest sport in the world, and that their beloved American Football/Baseball is irrelevant in the World.

The bottom line is, that if you don't like soccer because of the diving and the simulating, then that's fine, but there is no need to come on here and complain about it, because there's 2 Billion people in this world who like it more than anything.

People bash NASCAR, golf, tennis, rugby, etc. Not to mention wrestling and boxing.

Also, baseball irrelevant in the world? I laugh.

The baseball world is essentially the US, Canada, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Venezuela, and Japan.

Seven countries out of over 160 qualifies as irrelevant IMO.

And I'm a baseball fan, too.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

The baseball world is essentially the US, Canada, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Venezuela, and Japan.

Not to mention that baseball and softball have now been removed from the Olympic program.

("But the US is the center of the universe! Baseball is completely more relevant than anything else!")

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

you can also include South Korea and Puerto Rico (I know, its a US commonwealth, but it still competes as its own nation) in that mix as well

Maybe it's because Soccer is predominantly international and was invented overseas? You don't have to get so defensive about soccer. I don't really like it too much, but it is interesting and I watch major events. Other "American" sports that I dislike watching more:

Boxing

Golf

Wrestling(the definition of "retarded" IMO, I HATE wrestling and the WWE/F/whatever it is now)

Lacrosse

NASCAR-About even

IDK, I guess I just don't like it that much because it's so international and the system is foreign and complicated. I want to like it. I watch the MLS when I can. But Just because the rest of the world likes it more doesn't make it better, even if Americans don't like it better.

None of that made any sense, did it? :P

Seconded. Baseball's a huge sport in only a few countries. You could say that cricket is more popular worldwide than its baseball cousin.

you can also include South Korea and Puerto Rico (I know, its a US commonwealth, but it still competes as its own nation) in that mix as well

and Cuba, Panama and Nicaragua

1zqy8ok.gif

People bash NASCAR, golf, tennis, rugby, etc. Not to mention wrestling and boxing.

Car racing and wrestling (I am assuming you're referring to the choreographed versions) aren't sports.

Car racing and wrestling (I am assuming you're referring to the choreographed versions) aren't sports.

Perhaps not, the point being that soccer is not singled out on this board for people jumping into threads and bashing interests of their fans.

oh hell baseball is irrelevant in several cities and states. same for hockey which is only relevant in Canada, New York, Massachusetts, Minnesota and Pennsylvania.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived