China's womens soccer team displays true class

Squeaks4

I didn't get what was going on, but a commenter says the following:

the video is in korean actually. and basically, 4 things happened:

1) korea gets a last corner kick chance to tie the game 3-3.

2) a (:censored:ing) chinese player drops for no apparent reason to delay the game.

3) same player is told to get off the field and come back in after the corner kick (those are the rules), but debates the rule, further delaying the game.

4) the chinese player gets off the field, but as she's getting off, she intentionally blocks the corner kick (illegal), causing further

My reaction? Eh.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

This pretty much sums up why I don't watch much soccer. I really want to like it, but I can't take the diving and fake injuries. This was an extreme example, but this kind of stuff goes on in every game.

I can watch an NFL game where a wide receiver pops to his feet and runs back to the huddle after a devastating hit from a free safety, or I can watch a soccer game where a player writhes in pain for 30 seconds because someone gently nudged him. Not a difficult decision.

This pretty much sums up why I don't watch much soccer. I really want to like it, but I can't take the diving and fake injuries. This was an extreme example, but this kind of stuff goes on in every game.

I can watch an NFL game where a wide receiver pops to his feet and runs back to the huddle after a devastating hit from a free safety, or I can watch a soccer game where a player writhes in pain for 30 seconds because someone gently nudged him. Not a difficult decision.

The same wide receiver crying for a flag every single pass he doesn't catch, doesn't bother you though?

Interesting...because its pretty much the same thing.

I don't dispute giving the yellow, alas if she didn't have a yellow to begin with, it should've been straight red.

I'd be more annoyed at the lack of a second corner kick being given. It was an illegal play, she should get a second chance.

philly.png

The same wide receiver crying for a flag every single pass he doesn't catch, doesn't bother you though?

Yeah that bugs me, but I don't think the prevalence is even close. Some wide receivers cry for pass interference flags, but that happens only a couple of times per game. Soccer players seem to embellish nearly every tackle and ask for cards at least as much as football players ask for flags.

I also think there's a HUGE difference between taking a dive and yelling at the ref. Yelling at refs is a way for players to take out frustration. Everyone knows the ref isn't going to change his mind. Deliberately trying to deceive the ref is something entirely different. When NFL players start violently twisting their heads around to try to convince the ref to call a facemask penalty, then maybe the league will be approaching a soccer level of shamefulness.

If you were going to make a more convincing argument against American football, I would focus on how players celebrate every little thing that they do right. That's hardly sportsmanlike.

Wide receivers aren't faking serious injuries to draw a penalty. Soccer should create a diving/embellishment penalty.

Wide receivers aren't faking serious injuries to draw a penalty. Soccer should create a diving/embellishment penalty.

FIFA told their referees to crack down on it (especially after some people figured that Italy dove their way to winning the World Cup back in 06), but as far as I've seen, diving's still a regular part of the game. Every ONCE in a while, a ref will actually see a clear dive and card the diver, but it doesn't happen too often.

FIFA told their referees to crack down on it (especially after some people figured that Italy dove their way to winning the World Cup back in 06), but as far as I've seen, diving's still a regular part of the game. Every ONCE in a while, a ref will actually see a clear dive and card the diver, but it doesn't happen too often.

This is just one more reason why soccer will never, ever catch on in America.

Sigs are for sissies.

And the fact that it takes an attention span to watch. Football is perfect for American TV because it is 10 seconds of action and then a break. Baseball would be the same if it weren't so damn boring.

And the fact that it takes an attention span to watch. Football is perfect for American TV because it is 10 seconds of action and then a break. Baseball would be the same if it weren't so damn boring.

True dat. I ain't got no time to be... hey hold up, there's something I need to catch on channel 37.... cell phone ringing.... lemme get a sip of coke here.... cool! check out my GPS.... gettin another cell phone call... maybe I should pull over for a sec?

The main reason why soccer will never (at least, not anytime soon) catch on is because the sport's top league doesn't play on American soil. The average American isn't able to watch the sport's top talent play on a regular basis (TV or in person).

True dat. I ain't got no time to be... hey hold up, there's something I need to catch on channel 37.... cell phone ringing.... lemme get a sip of coke here.... cool! check out my GPS.... gettin another cell phone call... maybe I should pull over for a sec?

Are we there yet?

I saw, I came, I left.

A straight red would've been redundant since she already had one in the game.

That being said, that was still ridiculous. You stay classy, China WNT.

Guess I missed that...makes sense then. They still should have gotten another corner.

As for the whole American football vs. world football debate, I never understand why more people can't enjoy both. I love both sports, and both have their merits as well as their faults. I'm just kind of sick of the whole argument over which is better.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

The main reason why soccer will never (at least, not anytime soon) catch on is because the sport's top league doesn't play on American soil. The average American isn't able to watch the sport's top talent play on a regular basis (TV or in person).

Agree 100%. I would love to talk about what's going on in the EPL, but I never have anyone to talk to. All my friends follow football or basketball.

It's also becoming hard to find anyone who I can have an intelligent baseball conversation with other than my dad. Which is sad.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Archived