3 NBA concepts

elliott

Hi all,

I haven't done any basketball concepts in a very long time because, well, I haven't had any good ideas, and I don't think basketball is really my strongest category. But, I had three decent ideas for jerseys and I wanted to share them with you guys.

For the Suns, I wanted to bring back the flaming sun motif onto the jerseys, but as you can see I elected to put it down the sides instead of diagonally. You might think the two-tone orange thing on the jersey tops is kind of weird, but try to imagine it and you can see what I was thinking - continue the flame from the pants to the jersey. If you don't like it I could, of course, change it. The alt does have the diagonal sun, but it is less obvious than the retro jerseys. All the wordmarks are the same.

Suns

The Hawks got new duds this summer, I sort of like them, but I think the jerseys can be improved. Its a pretty wavy design, I guess, but there is not much to say about it overall. I thought the ATL would look good as a third jersey wordmark.

Hawks

I hate the Wizards alternates, but I thought it would be cool to have a team with gold away jerseys. I think I switched the placement of the white and gold unis, but try to overlook that. I also played with the wordmark so it would be blue on both home and away. I also think I lightened up the blue to make it brighter and contrast against the black, which I kept to a minimum. The "dc" logo is the primary. So I guess I changed the Wizards the most out of the three.

Wizards

Any C+C is greatly appreciated. Thanks. I'll probably get back to my "redesigning the nfl" series after this thread fades away.

Suns: Very original! I'm really digging the flaming ball/trail going down the sides, even though I didn't think I would. One thing I would change is to make the ball circular (right now it's an oval and looks a bit awkward). Also, the "PHX" logo above the player name could be a bit smaller. I'm not digging the alternate, looks too 90s to me.

Hawks: Not a bad design, though I'm not sure it's much better than what they have now (which I like).

Wizards: These have some potential, but need some work. I'd make the side panels on the gold jersey either blue or black, otherwise it's way too much gold. Also I'd tweak the pant striping, right now it kind makes it look like the players are wearing aprons over there unis (especially with the white one).

Nice work!

The suns are cool, but I've always thought they should try to incorporate the Phoenix bird logo more than just the top of the back.

Hawks are a bit better, Ilike the use of the ATL on the Alt. The hawk head on the shorts seems to clutter that area a bit, but there is no better place that I can see.

I like the wizards designs, but maybe try a black jersey also, the all gold may be a second home. The alts they have now are way too out there :blink: , but with some tweaking the Gold, Black and White could be cool.

Keep up the good work!

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Suns is great!

Love it. They only thing I'd change about that is the font color on the alternates...maybe purple?

A

I actually like Atlanta's current jerseys better, but this is a solid concept.

B

Wizards-Good job getting rid of the black shorts for the alternate. Bad job making gold the primary.

I love blue as the road jersey, gold wouldn't work for me. I think they should be mainly blue.

C+

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

yeah, the number overlapping the sun ball on the Suns third bothered me, though so did making the sun purple. if not for those two beefs, that woulda been my favorite in this set.

the Hawks set does nothing for me, cus every time I look at their current set, I think they need to go back to red.

The Wizards set has potential, but the sides of the gold jersey should be either black or blue. shoot, change the color of the goldie's numbers too, maybe black so it looks a bit less like the white jersey.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Its kinda ironic that you did this today. Last night I went through the NBA logos and I picked the Raptors, Clippers, Lakers, SUNS, WIZARDS, and HAWKS as teams that need to change their logo and have a logo they are currently using in some form to change it to with the exception of the wizards...I just think they need to start over..

Anyway back to the concepts themselves

Suns: LOVE IT!! Completely original. Great choice of every aspect of this jersey.

Hawks: Great choice of a main logo but the jersey kinda are a bit close to what they have now.

Wizz: I think that the wizards should get a complete overhall. I like what you have done with this but as for the real wizz they would be better suited with a overhall of their intire set.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Archived