Want an example of blatant mismanagement of a franchise?

TFoA

WTF!

So yeah, in another chapter of the "Reign of Error" that belongs to the Atlanta Spirit, supposedly Atlanta Hawks GM Billy Knight tried on not 1, not 2, but 3 separate occasions to fire, quite frankly, the most incompetent head coach in the NBA right now, Mike Woodson.

HOWEVUH, the ownership for some reason decided not to fire the man. No reason was put out yet, but I'm willing to guess that it's because they're still feuding amongst themselves and they don't want to do anything that might hurt/help the value of the franchise before there is a legit owner in place. In the meantime, people in Atlanta over the past year have finally realized that Billy Knight is actually a competent GM, and that he is basically handcuffed by owners and a coach that can use the owners to override whatever he does.

This is just STUPID. If you want to write a book on how NOT to run a franchise, then this should be who you should research. This is really maddening...

New. York. Knicks.

Mismanagement.

Synonyms.

Be thankful you have some real young talent, an All Star shooting guard and had some cap flexibility to get a guy like Mike Bibby. Shoot, all of NYC would be thankful if Mike Woodson were hired as head coach of the Knicks, just because it means Isiah Thomas gets the boot. Now THAT is a result of REAL mismanagement. We'd take Tim Floyd at this point.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

New. York. Knicks.

Mismanagement.

Synonyms.

Be thankful you have some real young talent, an All Star shooting guard and had some cap flexibility to get a guy like Mike Bibby. Shoot, all of NYC would be thankful if Mike Woodson were hired as head coach of the Knicks, just because it means Isiah Thomas gets the boot. Now THAT is a result of REAL mismanagement. We'd take Tim Floyd at this point.

I mean yeah, nobody's saying that the Hawks are worse off than the Knicks...but at least you have one idiot running things. We have a whole stable of dunderheads at the top, and they're all doing no good for the franchise. Apparently they're the reason why we drafted Shelden Williams instead of Brandon Roy. It's really stupid.

But I sure as hell wouldn't trade places with the Knicks. Proof that money can't buy you quality.

No, The Knicks are sooooooooo much better off than the Hawks. The Hawks will never be in an Eastern Conference Finals under this ownership, NEVER! Hell, they may never see the second round. The Hawks are the Clippers of the east. Atleast the Knicks have seen some postseason success in the last 10-15 years. You know how every league has a couple of teams that guarantee to suck year after year? Well, The Hawks are the NBA's version of that. Sure, they will have a god season every now and then, but it won't last.

Sorry Hawk fans, even I am frustrated with them and they are just a team I "like".

No, The Knicks are sooooooooo much better off than the Hawks. The Hawks will never be in an Eastern Conference Finals under this ownership, NEVER! Hell, they may never see the second round. The Hawks are the Clippers of the east. Atleast the Knicks have seen some postseason success in the last 10-15 years. You know how every league has a couple of teams that guarantee to suck year after year? Well, The Hawks are the NBA's version of that. Sure, they will have a god season every now and then, but it won't last.

Sorry Hawk fans, even I am frustrated with them and they are just a team I "like".

Is the Hawks' star player allowed to attend their own games?

Depends. This is the same owner that didn't want to trade for either Marion or Stoudamire. We had all the pieces together, but one of the owners nixed it. Because he wanted the team to suck so the other would give up their stakes and he could take the team for himself.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Depends. This is the same owner that didn't want to trade for either Marion or Stoudamire. We had all the pieces together, but one of the owners nixed it. Because he wanted the team to suck so the other would give up their stakes and he could take the team for himself.

lol, sounds like a good dramedy.

Who would they have traded?

lol, sounds like a good dramedy.

Who would they have traded?

A Top 3 pick. The year we got Marvin Williams I think. Someone else too.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

man, remember when the Knicks were like the toughest team in the NBA..in order to beat em'...you had to beat em...physically...

Yes. Yes I do. :cry:

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Which is why I'm so scared for the future. As long as the owners are feuding amongst themselves, I doubt that anybody real important will be resigned. I'm hoping that they'll keep their core (Horford, Law, Johnson, Smith, Childress, & Bibby), but I doubt it. As long as this ownership is place...they will have to have success IN SPITE OF the ownership, or there won't be any success at all.

The Chicago Blackhawks during the Dollar Bill Wirtz days were the most blatantly mismanaged years of any team in the history of sports. Bar none.

The pre-Jacques Martin Ottawa Senators appreciate your oversight.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

The Chicago Blackhawks during the Dollar Bill Wirtz days were the most blatantly mismanaged years of any team in the history of sports. Bar none.

No arguing with that. I mean, you know people didn't like that dude when they booed him posthumously at a memory ceremony. That's some cold blooded :censored: right there.

The pre-Jacques Martin Ottawa Senators appreciate your oversight.

as does the Islanders of the Milbury years. Corrupt as hell owners and a village idiot that turned a once proud franchise in to an inrelevant franchise.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived