St Louis MLS

Krona

I read a few comments on the kit thread over in sports logos about the need for purple in the MLS. I figured I'd see if I was up to the challenge with St.Louis as a prime candidate with their victorian history. Here are two versions of St. Louis Athletic:

STLAC.jpg

This doesn't really say St. Louis to me, although tying in Victorian heritage is a nice touch. I think the concept would be lost without the St Louis wordmark at the top. I think the crest should be able to be recognizable without any words on it. Incorporate the arch or some other piece of St. Louis that will make it distinct. Good work though, great looking crest.

I love it. I've been waiting for the MLS to get some purple. Crest looks great too.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Frankly, I think the font and fleur-de-lis fit for a St. Louis-based franchise. That said, the minute that the Purple makes its way into the color scheme along with the aforementioned elements, I can see why people might be reminded of New Orleans. I'd go with the Blue and Greens that the actual St. Louis Soccer United MLS bid group used.

I also think that incorporating the Gateway arch into the design would help to stamp the logo as clearly representing a St. Louis-based side. Perhaps you could slide the fleur-de-lis element down closer to the bottom of the shield and place the arch over it, arcing just underneath the "St Louis AC" wordmark.

thanks for the comments everyone! i'll try to work some of these elements in, but i have to say, my main inspiration was working with purple. i understand the immediate tie with NOLA, but St. Louis has a lot of the same french influence. its just so overwhelmingly forced down our throats that new orleans=purple, green, yellow, fleur de lis and a jester cap. the elements here were taken from the st louis flag, with a slightly new take on the color scheme. I thought about the arch, but thought it would be a bit much.

Great looking design, bud. Keep it up! I love the use of the fonts on this crest as well. Is that the Reds' font? It looks great!

P.S: I like the first one a little better. Those extra white "waves", if you will, give it a great flow.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

• 1 month later...

Can't see pic.

OH, and fishheatcats, You DID have an MLS team at one time. Guess what, THEY FOLDED DUE TO LOW ATTENDANCE.

Time to give the ball to someone who can kick with it! GO MONTREAL & ST.LOUIS MLS!!!!!!

image,Shane-spc-Williams,white,black.png

Archived