Favre to Retire

Sterling84

We've already established that here on the boards, people are going to post even if they disagree. How you express that makes a big difference. If someone had just posted ":censored: him" then I could see where you could say that. But if someone has a thought-out response to what you believe in your mind to be true, you can't simply dismiss it as non-intelligent. If you don't like people saying that what they believe isn't the same as what you believe, perhaps you should keep your opinions to yourself.

OK, since you probably didn't take the time to get the backstory, likely because I didn't quote it, I'll go through this nice and slowly and quote what made me originally say my "haters" comment, followed by the response that crude opinions in intelligent discussion is bias and "hating."

Ready?

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is time to rejoice. Hopefully it is real this time. I think it is crazy that one super bowl win makes you the greatest QB of all time.

'Bout damn time.

What he said!

And a point that I countered that was in the same post but in a separate discussion:

This is the only appropriate action after he blew it in the NFC Championship game. Favre has been torpedoing his team's chances for years now. That Super Bowl win was pretty good, but it only makes the Packers as good in the past twenty years as the Baltimore Ravens, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and New York Giants.

...and in addition to that last one, a winning record 13/16 years with 8-8 records twice and only one losing record is better than those other teams, and he retired for a number of reasons, none of which include his last game, because that's not how he'll be remembered.

So, OMMF, the original "hater" posts were in the same vain as someone saying ":censored: him".

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is the only appropriate action after he blew it in the NFC Championship game. Favre has been torpedoing his team's chances for years now. That Super Bowl win was pretty good, but it only makes the Packers as good in the past twenty years as the Baltimore Ravens, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and New York Giants.

...and in addition to that last one, a winning record 13/16 years with 8-8 records twice and only one losing record is better than those other teams, and he retired for a number of reasons, none of which include his last game, because that's not how he'll be remembered.

So, OMMF, the original "hater" posts were in the same vain as someone saying ":censored: him".

Woah...that qualify as hating? I think you might be a tad bit oversensitive about a football team that you don't play for and doesn't make money for you.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Woah...that qualify as hating? I think you might be a tad bit oversensitive about a football team that you don't play for and doesn't make money for you.

That was not an original "hater" post. So no. "That qualify as hating?" No.

I thought OMMF was responding to that as a "hater" post I made, and I was saying that it was there for a separate reason. I responded separately to it. To quote myself exactly:

And a point that I countered that was in the same post but in a separate discussion

(The hater posts were the first two I included. That was separate and I was saying it was NOT a hater post.)

I also referenced a previous response to that post. The original response was on page 1 or 2, where I reasoned that consistency is better than a one-shot deal.

No, that was not a hater post. That was one that I addressed separately, that I thought OMMF included when he erroneously said that I dismiss people as unintelligent because I don't agree with them. PLEASE read the posts in succession to avoid further confusion. I want to avoid confusion as much as the next guy, but I don't want to nest quotes 5-deep.

Also, the football team does make money for me. It's publicly owned.

With the Favre era over, is it the time for the team to revisit a uniform change?

Thats like asking if the Red Wings, Canadiens, and Yankees should make a change

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

With the Favre era over, is it the time for the team to revisit a uniform change?

True, but since Ron Wolf considered a change at the start of Brett's stint with the team, why not?

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Hmmm... intersting comparisons here:

Brett Farve vs. Ric Flair

I don't really get it...am I missing something obvious? There was really no 'conclusion' to those comparisons or a common tie that I'm aware of.

I guess the connection is both being the "elder statesmen" of their respective sport. But I agree, it did seem pretty pointless...

True, but since Ron Wolf considered a change at the start of Brett's stint with the team, why not?

Except he didn't... and once they won a Super Bowl in them, they went from the "Lombardi era unis" to the timeless Packers unis.

I don't really get it...am I missing something obvious? There was really no 'conclusion' to those comparisons or a common tie that I'm aware of.

I guess the connection is both being the "elder statesmen" of their respective sport. But I agree, it did seem pretty pointless...

wow... it wasn't meant to be taken SERIOUSLY. :upside:

I saw, I came, I left.

I know... and it was STILL pointless...

I know... and it was STILL pointless...

You're right. I'd normally be all in favor of such a comparison, but that was handled terribly.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived