Winter Classic at Yankee Stadium

pcgd

Michigan Stadium does not have lights and the renew does not include lights, so any game there will require lights. No lights is a reason why there are little 3:30 ABC games now. In addition, 100K hockey fans will want to have beer. U-M has a liquor license, but they and other schools will not open themselves for vicarious liability by selling beer at an one time event which they did not do before. Their food service vendor, Sedexho, SportService, Odgen, or Centerplate to name some, would never do that! Parking is another issue unless it is New Years Day.

It will wear off, but owners will accept a larger gate at all times. NHL owners are notorious for for thinking short term and if Bettman tells them about short term gains, they will take it.

No way Mike Ilitch would have the game at Michigan Stadium, if the Wings ever play one of these games it will be at Comerica Park which Ilitch also owns and where he also owns all of the parking surrounding the stadium along with most of the bars and restaurants.

Besides the whole last event in Yankee Stadium deal a Winter Classic in the NYC Area is going to get a lot more mainstream press(which is what the NHL is after) compared to having it in Detroit, Boston, Chicago, Buffalo or Philly.

Rangers vs Bruins...Two Original Six Teams

New York vs Boston...Always a great rivalry

Great way to send out the old Stadium...

When Bobby Orr was asked why he always wore a cup

but not a helmet,he replied:"I can always get

someone else to do my thinking for me!"

forget that....

Islanders v.s Rangers in the House the Ruth Built...

Followed by Rangers vs Islanders at Shea :)

It will have to wait for 2009 Shea and at Citi Field, Shea is targeted fr demolition in November.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

forget that....

Islanders v.s Rangers in the House the Ruth Built...

Followed by Rangers vs Islanders at Shea :)

It will have to wait for 2009 Shea and at Citi Field, Shea is targeted fr demolition in November.

Oh well... I guess they're trying to get rid of it ASAP ^_^ (ok, it's probably going the parking lot for the new digs)

I saw, I came, I left.

Blackhawks vs Rangers sounds like a good ldea and the Hawks can certainly gain benefit from the game. The rangers can wear their two season wonders (in white) while the Hawks can come out with these beauties (in black)

Rangers4.gif

BlackHawks1a.gif

From NHLLOGOS.blogspot.com

fieldrink.jpg

Taken earlier this week

There would be some terrible seats if thats how they set it up.

Actually the seats for the most part would be better than in a football stadium. For the most part with the rink going from the infield most of the box seats would be good seats. Remember baseball stadium are designed so that the people watching would look toward the infield (where the rink is) and so where you can see the ball (which is about the same size as puck). Most of the seats are relative to a football stadium closer and are more on top of the rink. An upper deck seat would provide a great view the rink.

Sure the bleachers seats would be bad but they will probably close them off and set up temporary seating in the outfield.

I think they want the Rangers, if it were to happen, to play another Original 6 team.

I think a game at the Big House would be awesome. And as far as the lights, they played this year's game in the late morning/early afternoon, so the lights may not be a factor. I'm sure they could set up temporary lights near the ice for the players, and the fans could probably see well enough without stadium lights.

They do set up temporary lights for Michigan football for late afternoon starts that go into the night (check out the Penn State-Michigan game from 2005 when Manningham caught the game winner), so lighting might not be a problem. But dfwabel does have a valid point about alcohol. I think the university does have a policy about no alcohol on university property (or so says the emails that get sent to us).

Those jerseys were awful Rangers should only wear the Rangers down the chest, maybe their 1940 uniform different font.

If they were so awful, then why did John Ferguson bring them with him when he took over as the GM of the Winnipeg Jets, hmmm???

Oh, wait...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived