Do any of these look familiar?

pcgd

I say possible cause I don't want to accuse anyone of anything without knowing. But there are about 8 of these that look familiar from fantasy logos I've seen on here by members here.

quick.jpg

Now, they could have been stolen and recreated. They could have been stolen by members here. Or they could have been sold to this company. I just wanted ot make those that designed them aware of this.

Like I said, no accusations without knowing for sure...

Looks like a bunch of custom NFL logos

According to the website - they were "custom" logos created by the company who works with the NFL - you ask me, they are stolen.

Where are the Lawyers. Sue on contingency - it would be a tough nut to crack, ask the guy who had his logo stolen by the Ravens.

Here is the website: Athletic Decals, Inc. LOGOS

Click on the 2004 Catalog (3) for a pdf File of the logos.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Many of the logos are quite good - I hope Joel made a tidy profit from his work if he did sell it.

Does the Patriots logos look familiar, in the sense it's been here on the boards?

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I can label some of them...

Panthers - Atlanta Leopards rip - WAFL

Ravens - Baltimore Starlings - WAFL

Texans - Tempest's update of the Chicago Bulls

Steelers - Ice Miners Minor League Hockey Team

Looks like a bunch of custom NFL logos, that were possibly used in concepts.

Bulldog 3 is Gonzaga, and Mustang is SMU's logo.

If you take the time to look closely at the logos on that tear sheet you will note that most of them have the "circle-C" symbol indicating that the logo is COPYWRITED. The "Bulldog 3" and the "Mustang" logos have NO such copywrite symbol. That Bulldog and Mustang have been in general use for YEARS. I have 41 years experience in the sporting goods industry and we have used those very symbols many, many times. There are several decal and transfer suppliers that make up generic major league symbols or team names for use by little league baseball and football leagues. I spoke with two of my suppliers and they both told me that a word cannot be copywrited. One of my suppliers makes actual MLB logo transfers for which he pays the big bucks to MLB Properties for the rights. I don't know how Athletic Decals got the logos shown but with that "circle-C" logo they apparently have followed correct procedure and either paid someone or had their in-house people do them. Most companies that sell like Athletic Decal are not going to risk their business by not following the rules.

Looks like a bunch of custom NFL logos, that were possibly used in concepts.

Bulldog 3 is Gonzaga, and Mustang is SMU's logo.

If you take the time to look closely at the logos on that tear sheet you will note that most of them have the "circle-C" symbol indicating that the logo is COPYWRITED. The "Bulldog 3" and the "Mustang" logos have NO such copywrite symbol. That Bulldog and Mustang have been in general use for YEARS. I have 41 years experience in the sporting goods industry and we have used those very symbols many, many times. There are several decal and transfer suppliers that make up generic major league symbols or team names for use by little league baseball and football leagues. I spoke with two of my suppliers and they both told me that a word cannot be copywrited. One of my suppliers makes actual MLB logo transfers for which he pays the big bucks to MLB Properties for the rights. I don't know how Athletic Decals got the logos shown but with that "circle-C" logo they apparently have followed correct procedure and either paid someone or had their in-house people do them. Most companies that sell like Athletic Decal are not going to risk their business by not following the rules.

You're exactly right. ADI is very conscientious when it comes to copyrighting their stuff, whether it be in-house or contract work.

Well I apologize for bringing this up then. I think we all know how often we've been had before so like I said, I wanted to make sure before I threw out a definite "THIS IS STOLEN WORK!"

Thanks for clearing this up and my apologies to the artists and to Athletic Decals.

Archived