Canada Jersey Updates

oakland ehs

Pic of the red jersey in action

dona.jpg

Now that I've seen them in action, I think they're a little better, but....

IF THEY'RE GOING TO HAVE BLACK HELMETS AND PANTS WHY NOT JUST FILL IN SOME BLACK BETWEEN THE WHITE SLEEVE STRIPES?

It would look 10 times better.

I guess that would look too similar to the '02 set and they want to make sure they sell a bunch of new jerseys.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
XJQB103042620_1024x768.jpg

Nice to see the return to a more traditional number font.

Though the black outline is unnecessary.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• 2 weeks later...

Thought this all fit better here.

When is this "new alternate" going to be introduced for Team Canada?

The next worlds? Since they had the throwback this year, it is considered the "third" so when it isn't being worn anymore, it will have something new to take its place.

I had heard World Juniors... and brace yourselves, it's not black.

Gold?

Could you describe it a little more?

Like is it similar to the current set, same logos etc.?

For some reason I have a feeling it will have a lot of blue, either powder or dark blue... and a script saying "Canada".

And I blame the Tories. (not really, but it's fun to blame politicians for all of the world's problems)

Here's a more fruitful explanation:

RCAFFlyers4.jpg<---RCAF Flyers throwback jerseys

Don't quote me to be anywhere near exact for the date/tournament the new third jersey will be released, but I will snag a photo tommorow of the color we're looking at for the jersey, and I have a description as well but unfortunately no photo - haven't even seen it myself.

It's a territory Canada hasn't hit at all yet.

• 1 month later...

Sorry it took me so long to get to this. I don't have a jersey photo because Nike doesn't let any vendors see pictures... just "strong hints" at what it will look like.

200806191038.jpg

The jersey color is the hat on the left. Sorry it's a low quality photo, but the left hat is maroon, while in comparison with the normal red hat on the right.

200806191042-1.jpg

Catalog pictures of the official locker room team hats. The red one is the only one out there right now, with the black coming in the fall and the maroon coming with the third jersey.

200806191042.jpg

Another style of hat with elements of the jersey.

And finally...

200806191043.jpg

Almost the jersey. Make the hoodie maroon in color, and supposedly you have your jersey. Very 1980's Canada Cup style, with a new maroon color that Canada has never used on their jerseys before.

200806191038.jpg

Simple, elegant, beautiful. Want.

As for the jerseys, I'm not sold, especially because of the maroon. The color just makes me think "Latvia" when applied to international hockey.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

200806191038.jpg

Simple, elegant, beautiful. Want.

As for the jerseys, I'm not sold, especially because of the maroon. The color just makes me think "Latvia" when applied to international hockey.

You do realise that those two hats are generic hats which he took pics of only for colour comparison? They don't have anything to do with the new Nike jerseys.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

You do realise that those two hats are generic hats which he took pics of only for colour comparison? They don't have anything to do with the new Nike jerseys.

Regardless, I like the hat.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Here is my attempt at a mockup

canada%20third%20copy.gif

Wow... that looks awful. I hope that is not what it actually ends up looking like...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived