The Caribous of Colorado(NASL) soccer kit

roxfan00

Has anyone actually seen this kit up close or even own it? Also does anyone have pictures of the Denver Dynamos who played in the NASL in 1974 to 75?

611870745_d8e82ffac5.jpg

colorado.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Yup, I saw one up close at the National Soccer Hall of Fame in Oneonta NY last fall.

2038109095_15114790d3.jpg

so, according to this picture, hats came with the jersey??? i'm just reading the description near the tag area of the jersey...either way its a very interesting look. I went to the Soccer HOF a couple years back and didn't notice this, it certainly would have caught my eye.

That is just so bad.

In competitions where bad ideas get presented against other bad ideas, that is competition winning bad.

Apart from the name, which doesn't make sense, because the plural of caribou, is still caribou.

But frills?

It's like a practical joke.

Stunningly good find. It's great to see how wacky some people can get in the name of being different, but that is horrible.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Apart from the name, which doesn't make sense, because the plural of caribou, is still caribou.

Sigh. In English, traditional usage is that when a group of people are identified by a corporate name, the group itself takes a plural "s" regardless of the correct pluralization of the word. So the crew of HMS Caribou would be known in the fleet as Caribous, and the men of the Red Tooth Regiment would be known as Red Tooths. It is correct for sports teams to follow this usage; thus "Caribous" and "Maple Leeafs."

Stunningly good find.

Agreed! This was not on display at the Soccer HOF in August 2001. Love the hat -- looks like a faithful Boss of the Plains Stetson reproduction -- but that frill is scary, even by the standards of a decade that put grown men in rainbow-striped shirts. Plus, in any field sport, it's just not a good idea to add unnecessary graspable handles to a uniform.

20082614447.png

Were they soccer players or cowboy themed male strippers lol?

Well, soccer players were not paid very well in those days, so . . . :upside:

On a more serious note, those things are horrendous, even by '70s standards. The color scheme is actually pretty cool, but the fringe and the logo/wordmark are craptastic.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On a more serious note, those things are horrendous, even by '70s standards. The color scheme is actually pretty cool, but the fringe and the logo/wordmark are craptastic.

The wordmark has a definite "Best Little WHorehouse in Texas" vibe.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I hadn't thought of that, but you're right.

I remember that font well, because I copied it to make a Statis Pro Baseball (Sports Illustrated card-based simulation game for you young whippersnappers) "San Antonio Mavericks" wordmark and cap logo ("SA") in about 1980.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

I hadn't thought of that, but you're right.

I remember that font well, because I copied it to make a Statis Pro Baseball (Sports Illustrated card-based simulation game for you young whippersnappers) "San Antonio Mavericks" wordmark and cap logo ("SA") in about 1980.

933727_76793.jpg

SSI Computer Baseball FTW

Welcome to DrunjFlix

933727_76793.jpg

SSI Computer Baseball FTW

Almost. A fun game despite the grossly disproportionate depiction of New York Yankees players on the box.

34918.jpg

Archived