Celtics wearing alts in Atlanta

BJ Sands

If the C's play the Lakers in the finals, the only jerseys worn should be the classics, the shorts should be short and the socks long.

It's 2008. Welcome.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Lots of teams have been wearing their alts:

Suns have worn orange twice against the Spurs.

Wizards have worn putrid gold twice against the Cavs.

Lakers have worn white once at home against the Nuggets.

Cavaliers have worn blue for Game Three against the Wizards.

Celtics have worn green with black for one game against the Hawks.

Hornets have worn yellow for one game at the Mavericks.

Not wearing alts: Mavericks (at Hornets), Jazz (at Rockets), surprisingly the Nuggets (at Lakers), Sixers (at Pistons), Pistons (at Sixers)

No alts. to wear: Hawks (at Celtics), Raptors (at Magic), Rockets (at Jazz), Magic (at Raptors), Spurs (at Suns)

And while it had some kitsch last season, most of the teams are giving away stadium T-shirts for a color-coordinated crowd.

Lots of teams have been wearing their alts:

Suns have worn orange twice against the Spurs.

Wizards have worn putrid gold twice against the Cavs.

Lakers have worn white once at home against the Nuggets.

Cavaliers have worn blue twice against the Wizards.

Celtics have worn green with black for one game against the Hawks.

Hornets have worn yellow for one game at the Mavericks.

Not wearing alts: Mavericks (at Hornets), Jazz (at Rockets), surprisingly the Nuggets (at Lakers), Sixers (at Pistons), Pistons (at Sixers)

No alts. to wear: Hawks (at Celtics), Raptors (at Magic), Rockets (at Jazz), Magic (at Raptors), Spurs (at Suns)

And while it had some kitsch last season, most of the teams are giving away stadium T-shirts for a color-coordinated crowd.

Actually, the Cavs only wore their navy alt for game 3 (a loss), then switched to their regular roads for game 4 (a win).

r2313749131.jpg

I hope the C's don't get out of the 1st round.

Of course you hope the C's don't get out of the 1st round, because the C's are going to blow the Cavs out of the furkin' water.

Series tied at 2-2. Better watch out because the ATL is exposing KG & the C's for the frauds they are!!!

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Of course you hope the C's don't get out of the 1st round, because the C's are going to blow the Cavs out of the furkin' water.

Series tied at 2-2. Better watch out because the ATLPlayoffs are exposing KG & the C's Doc Rivers for the fraud he is!!!

how could 66-16 be fraudulent? Doc just doesn't know how to coach in the playoffs. I just hope the vets come together, step it up, and pull this one out. The part that worries me is they have already stooped to a level they never reached in the regular season. Fights, threatening gangsign hand gestures, off-court bashing, and playing angry means the Hawks are in their heads right now.

umm, sports logos related.......oh! my hometown paper still uses the red, black, and yellow Hawks logo when reporting on the story. aren't newspapers supposed to be up to date every day?

Series tied at 2-2. Better watch out because the ATLPlayoffs are exposing KG & the C's Doc Rivers for the fraud he is!!!

how could 66-16 be fraudulent? Doc just doesn't know how to coach in the playoffs. I just hope the vets come together, step it up, and pull this one out. The part that worries me is they have already stooped to a level they never reached in the regular season. Fights, threatening gangsign hand gestures, off-court bashing, and playing angry means the Hawks are in their heads right now.

umm, sports logos related.......oh! my hometown paper still uses the red, black, and yellow Hawks logo when reporting on the story. aren't newspapers supposed to be up to date every day?

Ha.

So does ESPN Video. The had the old red an yellow hawk head on their newest video.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I seem to recall, in last year's playoffs when the Nets wore their red alts in Toronto (thereby pretty much negating the efforts of the Raptors' management in handing out red T-shirts to fans to wear), that there was some sort of rule about teams having to pick one road jersey and stick with it throughout a series, whether that's the alt or the regular road jersey. Am I just dreaming this, or did that go out the window this year?

I seem to recall, in last year's playoffs when the Nets wore their red alts in Toronto (thereby pretty much negating the efforts of the Raptors' management in handing out red T-shirts to fans to wear), that there was some sort of rule about teams having to pick one road jersey and stick with it throughout a series, whether that's the alt or the regular road jersey. Am I just dreaming this, or did that go out the window this year?

I think you're confusing it with hockey, where you had to pick one dark jersey and stick to it for the playoffs. (like the Sabres did with their retro alt). I don't think basketball had that rule. Also, I think the Nets wore the red alt last year because they're trying to get "New Jersey" off their uniform as much as possible. Just a guess on my part though.

Ha, I don't know. The Celtics logo in our paper still has the black-and-white leprechaun.

Ha, I don't know. The Celtics logo in our paper still has the black-and-white leprechaun.

FWIW, even Comcast SportsNet in Washington DC used the red and yellow Hawk head graphic everytime the Wiz played the Hawks this season.

Archived